Who's going to be the first to buy one and drop it in their truck,lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
So I need this ripp kit for the wifes new GC and I can go around whooping track hawks. :)

Lol

View attachment 227029
my daughter has a 19 grand Cherokee altitude 3.6 with the 8 speed 4x2- the 3.6 has a lower rear end and get this if you have the 3.6 with the dual exhaust it has like 5 more horsepower lol. anyway her (my lol) gc moves out pretty good

Doug Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel _3.0
FYI Chrysler once made the fastest, craziest boat engines. Some of them went into Chrysler boats. Lots of them went into racers. ...... hmmm......

Think about it. 807 ponies. In a boat. There ain't no emission testing in NY for repowering boats. I can see a repowering in the future for my neighbor's 1976 16 foot Checkmate. It needs more..... more speed. Yeah, that's what it needs. /s

One of the most thrilling (scary & exhausting) things I've done was to co-pilot him in race 25 years ago. I read charts, he drove like a madman. But he says its current engine is tired. For God's sake it's a 1990s era Corvette engine with deleted emissions, no catalytic converter and straight pipes for exhaust. It still does 65 mph on calm water. But holeshot (that's boat-speak for pickup) is getting slow already. Yeah, he neeeeeeds that nice new shiny fast Chrysler Hellcat engine. Yeah...... Its insane..... He ought to do it..... And yeah, I'd volunteer for another race. Without a doubt. You all only live (and die) once.

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yea i've never believed RIPP's claims yet,still don't. They've had a rep of inflating their dyno numbers for years. FYI,a good dyno operator can make dyno numbers look very impressive,but when it hits a track the timeslips don't back up the numbers. I highly doubt a boosted 3.6 is eating bolt on/tuned Hemi's.Post some timeslips to back up your claims,as with out anything to back up your claims,it's a moot point

Even if it did make the power they claim, V6's sound horrible to me, and the money spent on a 3.6 could just as easily be spent on a Hemi. You'd get a lot more power, and sound good while doing it.

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Little engine syndrome is a lot like little guy syndrome. There's always some need to "prove" something. Now don't get me wrong, I won't ridicule anyone because they chose the 3.6L. If that is good enough for them, great. It's not for me, I always want a V8 if it's available. In fact the only vehicle I have ever owned without a V8 is my 2000 TJ Wrangler, but if they made them with a V8, I'd have one, but I still picked the biggest engine, the 4.0.

Quite some years back on the LX Forums, there was a guy with a Magnum, claiming to frequently dust Hemi's with a stock 3.5 V6. I did then and still do own a Hemi Magnum, and had driven a 3.5 Magnum my brother rented once, and of course there was no comparison. I mean the Hemi had 90 more hp, and 140 more pound feet of torque, yet the model down the food chain was actually faster according to him...uh, yeah OK.

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
Starting at $82,490

At the end of the day it's still a Durango...Hellcat engine or not there is no way I could ever bring myself to pay that much for a Durango.
yes. im keeping my truck till the motor fails then im doing the helcat motor, factory drop in, then my transmission will fail lol