who's had their uConnect replaced?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jabalone

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC 1500 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After ten months of buggy issues with my uConnect 5.0, the dealer/chrysler finally agreed to replace it under warranty when they couldn't even get the 5.0 update (13.44.33 - 2.3.21) installed at the service centre (through the USB port).

I've read a few posts here by people who had the radio replaced and it didn't fix anything (which is hard to understand-you'd think it would remedy the situation?). There's at least one guy whose on his third radio! So, wondering how many have had their uConnect system replaced in their Rams and if it fixed the problems? Guess I'm not feeling overly optimistic.

MACH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After ten months of buggy issues with my uConnect 5.0, the dealer/chrysler finally agreed to replace it under warranty when they couldn't even get the 5.0 update (13.44.33 - 2.3.21) installed at the service centre (through the USB port).

I've read a few posts here by people who had the radio replaced and it didn't fix anything (which is hard to understand-you'd think it would remedy the situation?). There's at least one guy whose on his third radio! So, wondering how many have had their uConnect system replaced in their Rams and if it fixed the problems? Guess I'm not feeling overly optimistic.

The dealer replaced mine (8.4AN) 4 times in my 2013 laramie. Finally won a lemon law lawsuit on it. Now I have a 2014 and haven't had a problem with it yet....knock on wood.

jsequino

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
5.7 liter V8
I had 3 new radio's in my 2013 Longhorn then Chrysler agreed to buy it back and give me a new truck. The radio in the new truck was broken too. Everything was fixed when the 13.38.52 upgrade came out. I know there's a newer one but it messed with my phone volume so I downgraded back to 13.38.52.

Phobos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm waiting to hear back from uconnect but ram told me they were going to need to replace my 8.4a if the software update didn't fix my issue. Not only did the software update not fix the problem it made it worse. This is the second time they have tried to solve the problem with just an update.

mikey0302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I currently have the 4th radio in my 13'Ram same issues as everyone else. This is a software issue. It depends on the build dates of the truck as some will accept the upgrade and some won't. Mine was in 11 times to fix this issue, I was told that this does not constitute a claim under the lemon law as it is an annoyance but not a safety issue to the consumer. **** Law if you ask me, probably my state. Anyway, this one is working well, and to calm my nerves Ram Customer service offered to flash the navi for free ($600), which is very nice, I like that a lot. I did tell them however that if this did not fix the issue I would be parking the in the dealers show room via the plate glass window!! It has been communicated to me that if they replace the radio it will have the newest software and newest version of powernet so the software will "talk" to each other. Oh and my radio is the 8.4A RA3.

KickToTheJunk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is this thread referring to the 911 error message when you start the truck?

I've had mine in for repair on that 3 times and each time they don't even get it into the shop.... They just scratch their mullets and go 'uh....mmmm we ain't nevur herd dat problum for.. '

Uconnct tech sup told me to download the firmware update even tho I just told them 'the update says DO NOT perform update if you have the 911 error message'.... Couldn't get their extraction/download assistance software to work on win7 or OsX. Blah.

Airborne63

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Add me to the list of 8.4AN radio issue. Mine is now switching at will to the AUX back to the radio. I have the latest update and that is when I started having issues. So how do I revert back to 13.38.52?

swargo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm on my way there, truck is in the shop right now having the "Vehicle Phone Requires Service. Please contact your dealer" issue addressed. Don't know what they will say.

jskiifreeze

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hope some of these bug issues will be worked out because Im in the same boat with my Uconnect 8.4NA in my 2014 Ram Long Horn.
picture.php

Rockgt302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So far the only issue I have had is text works for a month, stops for a week, then works again. Uconnect says it's compatibility issues with the phone, BS when it stops, it stops for all phones that are on their list.

OP
OP
Jabalone

Jabalone

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC 1500 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hope some of these bug issues will be worked out because Im in the same boat with my Uconnect 8.4NA in my 2014 Ram Long Horn.

I hope so too, but it's been well over a year now since these systems were introduced to the Ram line-up and there still seem to be a lot of people with issues. Chrysler should be putting some pressure on uConnect to get their act together.

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
mine started f***king with me today making me think I was switching to amradio from sir/xm but it did it twice within 5 minutes by itself so going to dealer Monday, I hadn't had no upgrades or nothing just got truck 3weeks ago

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So far the only issue I have had is text works for a month, stops for a week, then works again. Uconnect says it's compatibility issues with the phone, BS when it stops, it stops for all phones that are on their list.

I have the same problem. The only way I found to fix the problem rapidly is to delete the phone from the radio. But sometime the radio won't let me to delete the phone. Also even if it's not technically connected to my phone, I can receive call on the radio , but I cannot do the call myself because the radio think they are not connected .

Really strange... I'm friendly with my dealer, the owner is the best friend on my grand father but, the only time I get there to fix the problem, the radio was working at that time ... damn haha, When it will do this again and have the time to go there again I will. Hope they will put pressure on Chrysler since they are one of the biggest Chrysler dealer in canada ...

OP
OP
Jabalone

Jabalone

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC 1500 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, I got the truck back today and voice controls still don't work. It's had modules replaced and all the latest updates. Now the tech is saying he thinks it doesn't recognize my voice, but when I asked him to get the radio to play song, artist or genre, he couldn't get it to do those commands either.

Looks like I either have to dedicate a lot of time fighting Chrysler like hell or get used to the fact that my radio is basically no better than the cassette radio I had on my '94 ram!

Baja4701

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Here's another one on my 2014.

Anyone having problems with the 8.4AN screen blacking out after a period of time?

I just last week had the dealer do the update. It was suppose to be one of the fixes. NOPE. 2 days after update, it blacked out on me again and it won't come back on until I shut off the engine and restart. Everything still works after it goes blank, you just can't see or use the screen.

UPDATE!!!!!

Just noticed this as I went out to the truck. It was running from remote start and the screen was ON when I got in. After a couple of minutes it went blank again.

This time I noticed that it did not go completely blank. I had the sunroof cover partially open and with the sun glare I could just barely see the screen lit up. It's lit just enough to touch a button and see the screen change to that mode (ie radio/climate/phone).

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hope they fix this for all of you guys, It was threads like these that made me get an Express with crap radio (which I promptly switched to aftermarket)

I am missing a lot of the other goodies that higher trim packages give you though.... More so than I thought... I looked at a fully loaded 2014 Sport a few days ago, damn it was nice... But I looked at that beautiful Uconnect head unit and thought to myself "I have 50-60% chance of "visiting" the service department a few dozen times, so I climb back into my cloth seat Express and continue debating Katskinz lol.

StPat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Took my 14 for recalls today. I have the uconnect 5. They tried to download the recalls thru the raido 3 time. Now the radio is dead. They are ordering a new one. Hopefully it will work.