Uconnect Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger1952

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.8
Warranty Claim on 2021 Dodge Ram Laramie Longhorn at Hillsboro Ram. The Ram Uconnect system controls many electronic functions ranging from door locks, windows, radio, heated steering wheel and seats for example. An online search indicates the Ram Uconnect System has a very large number of varied complaints dating back to 2012.

2/23/2022

New Hampshire Hillsboro Ram appointment to determine why the Navigation is inoperable. The Navigation screen says there is no connection, and I cannot search for or enter addresses.

Diagnosis: Tech said Radio is fixed. I told the Tech that I was not in for the radio rather I was in for repair of the Navigation not working. Tech said work order did not say the Navigation was not working. Tech tried the Navigation and confirmed it was not working and that a replacement head unit would be ordered.

3/ 3/2022

Tech replaces head unit. I inspected the Navigation in the parking lot of Hillsboro Ram and found it was not working. Reported what I had found to the Tech. Tech came out and said he could not fix the Navigation. The service receipt given to me said the Navigation was fixed when it wasn’t.

Service Manager said he will contact Ram Technical Assistance for a solution and that Hillsboro Ram will fix the problem.

Upon leaving the Ram dealership I found the heated steering wheel would not turn off and the SiriusXm was not working either.

In addition, why does Chrysler/Ram continue to have chronic major problems with the Uconnect Navigation and Control module since 2012.

3/11/2022

Hillsboro Service Manager called and said the Ram Representative got back to him. The answer is “Ram is hoping to resolve the problem by May”. I did not feel this response from Hillsboro Ram was acceptable and I scheduled a service appointment with Foss Motors of Exeter.

3/17/2022

Foss Motors service department quickly performed a software update and was able to fix some of the Navigation problems, heated steering wheel, along with SiriusXM, which had stopped working after Hillsboro Ram installed the new head unit. Foss Motors quickly performed a simple radio reset and verified that some of the Navigation was operating correctly! Navigation phone ICON button on radio is still missing.

April to July 3, 2022- Three more visits to Foss Motors Ram and the radio has been replaced and the Navigation phone ICON is still not operating. Foss Motors has been exceptional in trying to resolve the issues. Six Ram vehicles recently purchased at Foss Motors have come in under warranty claims for the Navigation phone ICON issues. Anybody else out there having chronic Ram Radio issues?

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Many of us are.

I've been having them since I bought my truck back in early 2019. Every time I call RAM or take it in for service I get told that a software update should be out "by the end of the quarter" each time.

3+ years...12+ quarters... only 2 OTA updates so far...0 issues fixed.

The uConnect website tells me my software is up-to-date but there is an "issue" with the website (going on years now) so it may not be accurate. I know that's true because I know I'm at least 2 revisions behind.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Many of us are.

I've been having them since I bought my truck back in early 2019. Every time I call RAM or take it in for service I get told that a software update should be out "by the end of the quarter" each time.

3+ years...12+ quarters... only 2 OTA updates so far...0 issues fixed.

The uConnect website tells me my software is up-to-date but there is an "issue" with the website (going on years now) so it may not be accurate. I know that's true because I know I'm at least 2 revisions behind.
ALL of the above why I got my truck, with a Straight Plain Jane Uconnect 4 Radio, NO NAV, OTA, 911, GUARDIAN, none of that stuff. Just a plain 8.4 radio. I did talk to my SA, he said the dealership could do an update, there was one since my plain jane does not get OTA's, BUT said unless problems, LEAVE it alone because the Update was bricking radios. So I have owned truck as of August 2022, for 4 years, no updates done, and works fine. Just my perspective, but I's also a BOIRD.

ADDED: Even though I know there is an update dealer can do, the U-Connect site also says my software is up to date, and I know it is not, LOL.

running turkey.jpg

Adventurebound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine has been replaced 3 times. Including the factory radio, that's 4 radios in this truck at 18k miles. Seems to be working great now. I would keep pushing for a replacement until you get one that works.

johnhenryculver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
I have the same experience as stated above. Nav has never worked since bought new in 2019 12" screen. they tell me update next quarter, never happened for 3 years. Had new head unit and reboot, no luck. u connect sux!!! Everything else works fine, i don't want tp press my luck, keep taking it it, get a rental car$$ and have it not work, or worse yet more things don't work as stated above

Brman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings Diesel
After a year my Uniconnect Naviigation stopped working (XM Guardian expired), I took it to the dealer and they told me that i would need to buy XM Guardian subscription in order for it work. I called corporit headquarters and they also told me the same thing, that Uniconnect conrolled that aspect of my truck. I told them that was BS to pay $90K for a truck and then $25/month for Navigation to work, they said sorry. I did find out if I use the Voice command to 'FInd Address' it will work. but not from the touchscreen input.