Why did you buy your truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fyrpm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had a truck since 1989. Owned Toyotas until 2004 when I bought a Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab HEMI. Loved the truck. Owned it for 13 years. It was very reliable but it was getting old and it was time to trade it in. I do not believe in buying new and I purchased a 2015 RAM 1500 Crew Cab. 22,000 miles when purchased. I love what they have done with the newer trucks. I'm getting about 50% better fuel economy than my other truck. The new 8 speed tows like a dream. My kids love the extra room in the back. So far I have put in MOPAR factory leather and a factory brake controller. I plan to install a factory backup camera as well. I feel you get so much more for your money with RAM. My friends all have Ford or GM trucks. They all love my truck when they ride in it. Any way, best of luck with your 2018.

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I buy trucks because i hate cars. Cars are useless. Cars take you here, they take you there, but thats all they can do.
With a truck, i can bring more stuff home in one shot, LOTS OF STUFF...lol. Ever tried to haul a 4x8 sheet of plywood with a car...?
Go sit in the parking lot of lowes or home ******* sometime, its pretty funny as **** watching people trying to haul stuff with cars. Uhhhhhh DERP!!!!

And you can sit higher and stare at the pretty ladies and see EVERYTHING as they ride by...HAAAAAAAAAAA!

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Bought my first truck in 2001. It was a 1991 Dakota extended cab. Had the V6 and 212k on it. Bought it from the original owner for $3900. I loved that little truck. It was totaled when some lady crossed three lanes of traffic and hit me head on.
That accident lead me to getting my first Ram. It was a 1998 club cab with the 5.2l. Bought it in 2003 with 94k on it for $8500. It was in perfect shape. Always wanted that 2nd gen body since they were introduced in late 1993. It finally gave out. 256k miles and three transmissions plus the dreaded dash crumble made know it was time to let it go.
We had good fortune with some income and I purchased my 2016 last June. Bought this one because it was most everything I wanted. HEMI, 4X4, crew cab, 6'4" bed. Many mods planned and hope to have this truck a long time as well!

2016 1500 Outdoorsman 4X4 5.7L

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Can’t just say “race car” come on! Not cool! Can I guess RS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How would you guess an RS from my username?? Haha

I have a fully built mitsubishi evo X. Dont hate me cuz I love the turbo 4 bangers lolol.
That's on the old motor before 500+ WHP [emoji39][emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
How would you guess an RS from my username?? Haha

I have a fully built mitsubishi evo X. Dont hate me cuz I love the turbo 4 bangers lolol.
That's on the old motor before 500+ WHP [emoji39][emoji39]

What’s the parts availability for those? I’ve been eyeing one parked for over a year with left front end damage. Front wheel is intact but looks like it took a good hit. I always say dream about knocking on the door with an offer... but buying a car that’s been sitting can be a money pit.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
What’s the parts availability for those? I’ve been eyeing one parked for over a year with left front end damage. Front wheel is intact but looks like it took a good hit. I always say dream about knocking on the door with an offer... but buying a car that’s been sitting can be a money pit.
Parts EVRYWHERE, aftermarket OEM. There plenty of OEM replacement parts website just like for mopar.

Do rett! Lol

ramdriver2018

Trusted internet source
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I grew up in a gm family.
But I like to go fast.

In 1998 I was younger and working for a company. And they had a 1991 ram 1/2 ton.
It was a white long box, reg cab, 360, 4.10
Just your average no option work truck.
You have to keep in mind this was kind of a rare truck back then. A pre-94 ram wasn’t a common truck on the road to begin with. Most people were still sketched about them burning up. The 94+ was gaining lots of popularity around then but not until they started making the interiors better 96-98...But anyways...
I had to take this truck on an errand one day and realized how ridiculously fast it was compared to any chev or ford I had driven....I had driven them all at that point.
This ******* ram with 4.10’s would smoke the 30x10 truck tires thru an intersection if you rolled into the throttle heavy footed off the lights.
I always vowed i would own a stripped down reg cab 2wd ram someday because of that truck.
And here I am. It’s almost 30 years newer. But same idea.

Last edited:

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From 1970 to 1999 I had ford and Chevy. Bought a 99 Ram then a 2000 offroadster only because they were the only half ton with a straight axle and I grew fond of the 360 magnum. When they wore out I tried an 03 Ram 1500 , every truck was a reg cab short bed since 1970 except for one F-350. 03 was much quicker and more fun than my 07 or 14 Rams. If it didn't get totaled too I would still have it .

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Always wanted a regular cab Ram truck for a daily driver. The local Dodge dealer gave me a delivered price on a 17 Ram that I could not refuse.

ram 1.jpg

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm a Mopar guy. I do own other vehicles, but I like to keep at least one Mopar in the stable.

I had a 2003 5spd single cab long bed 4wd Dodge Ram. I miss the stick, even in Long Island NY traffic.

17Delmonico

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My first "truck" was an '87 Isuzu 'Pup, that had more rust than metal. After that, I bought a new 2000 Dodge Dakota. I carried everything imaginable in there. Filled it to the siderails with stones, carried part of an airplane wing for a plane that a friend was building, constant Home Depot runs, etc. The wife and I agreed after the 'Pup that we needed to keep a pickup in the household fleet. After 18 years with the Dakota, I needed something newer and bigger (My kids were getting tight in the Dakota extended cab back seat... :D ), and could tow more. I looked at the other brands, but I kept coming back to Ram. :Big Laugh:

Exdeus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Cummins
I've had a couple of RAM's and it is my favorite truck. I recently traded in a 2wd RAM for a 4wd RAM to do some overlanding/back country navigation and camping with it. I didn't want a smaller or mid-size SUV which is the most popular format, but the RAM is coming around quickly with lots of brand support for good aftermarket parts now. Just need to get my bed rack and tent and should be set for now.

LoneStarSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been a Mopar Guy since 1972 when I bought my Super Bee. I worked as a mechanic for a Chrysler-Plymouth dealership in Victoria TX till we were robbed and they took all our tool kits. The company had no insurance. I have been a Mopar man and always will be. This is my third and best Ram so far.

Michael Cole

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have driven a Ford F150 company work truck for the past 24 years. Work from home so always had it available. Always wanted my own. Just paid off the car and the wife says she wants a new car. A Jeep GC. I checked on our insurance and it will go up quite a bit. Then she says a truck or a car. I convinced her that just a truck is not practical. Then I saw this truck and said why don"t we keep the car and buy this truck. So she bought it for me. She always knew I wanted a truck but after all the other bills it was not in the cards. I love this truck... The Gray Ghost... and I love my wife for the amazing gift.

Gom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought it because it was cheaper than Ford and I won't buy Chevy.
Chevy was very bad for my family all those years growing up, very poor quality. I know they are vastly better now then the late 70s and 80s but some things just stick with you.
After getting my Ram I am so happy I didn't get the Ford. It's not my daily driver but does all the weekend duty with wife, kids, dogs and towing. I drive it 1 or 2 days a week to work but it's hard to not drive it everyday.

Jughed

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Crew Long Bed
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Moved north, switched from an 08 2x4 250 5.7 Mega to a 4x4 5.7 1500 Big Horn. Other than the 10 speed transmission, the 1500 wasn't 1/2 the truck... didn't like it after the first time I towed my 4.5k boat. Hated towing my 30' TT with it...