Why did you buy your truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Because I decided no more sport bikes after breaking 3 vertabrae, puncturing lung, ribs. Etc. Lol.

But also because the truck has been in the family since new, and my pops wanted a new truck. WIN! Hahha. Handed him 9 grand from the insurance for the bike, and he handed me the keys.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Went from an ED back to Hemi. Loved the ED, mpg wise and option wise, but expensive to maintain and with the EPA stuff and the % of engines self imploding, just decided I did not want to roll those dice and went back to the Hemi. Besides with my trade, only paid $12,500, could not resist, just saying...

Last edited:

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought it would be as good as my previous Rams, WRONG .

Beerwolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
This is my first Ram. Owned several Chevy and Ford trucks over the years. My favorite truck was the 1992 Ford F150 with the 4.9L, the ram just replaced it as my favorite.

I was getting a new travel trailer this year and after making the trailer selection went truck shopping to find the right truck to go with it.

We paid cash for the trailer and financed the truck, budget limitations meant any of the top level trims, 3/4 ton or diesels were out of our price range. With used truck prices high I decided to go new.

The criteria I was looking for were comfort, MPG (daily driver) and payload/towing capacity. After test driving the lower trim trucks from Ford, Chevy, Nissan and Toyota I decided on the Ram 1500 Tradesman.

Best price and equipment packages.

Best seat comfort and ride quality, I can drive this thing all day and not get sore back or legs.

Ram was the quietest.

Ram had the best radio in the base model.

Best v6 MPG, got the v6 for the flex fuel as it is usually about .8 to 1.00 cheaper here.

Loved the handling.

V6 has a nice sporty sound to it, like a mean Chihuahua growling in the upper revs.

I am very happy with the choice as it meets all my needs.

---------------------------------------------
BTW, I had 2019 Tradesman 5.7 ETorque loaner last week while my truck was being serviced, the gave me the loaner because they really wanted to sell me the 2019 since they are overstocked and the Ram Classic still is outselling the new truck locally.

The 2019 was quieter, I had to roll the window down for that nice V8 sound so this is a bit of a negative for me.

Slightly smoother ride (positive).

Seats were worse, cushion shorter and seat height too low, felt more carlike and was sitting lower.

Then there is the steering, they ruined it. The 2018 has good weighting and on-center feel, real comfortable for the long drives without constant corrections. The 2019 had zero on-center feel and the steering weight was really light where you have to make constant corrections.

The throttle response was kinda wacky, the 2018 you touch the pedal and it just goes, very linear. The 2019 I hit the gas and first part of the travel it does not do much, then after about 1/2 and inch it just takes off. It felt really weird to me compared to the 2018, It make the truck much harder to drive in stop and go traffic.

If I were shopping now for the same truck I would not buy the 2019 Ram 1500. Guess that is why they are still building the 1500 Classic for old guys like me that can't quite get with the times.

Gom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seat quality is a big plus. My buddy who is a Chevy fan remarked how comfortable the seat was in my truck.

Mazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have been driving pickups and jeeps on and off for over 40 years, always went with a Ford for Pickups and AMC then chrysler for jeeps. Still have a Sahara 2wd, but my JK 4door got the death wobble and could not solve the issues....spent a few thousand and then it tried to put me into a wall, and that was that....drove off the highway and traded it for a 2014 Ford F150. The F150 was mechanically trouble free and a very nice road warrior, it was 4x4 but drove more like a car and it did not have the ground clearance that I needed when I go offroad (hunting trips in the mountains). So....went and was looking at the Raptors....but then heard about the Power Wagons....I'm not a diesel guy, so this sounded right up my alley! Well, I have a friend who I knew had a "type" of power wagon, his is a Laramie Power Wagon, and all the chrome and super luxury items in there kind of put me off(I am not a chrome or luxury kind of guy).....so we went and looked at the new Power Wagons (his is a 2016), saw a gorgeous Bright Black PW and that was pretty much it....but the dealer sucked....the sales manager was rude....guess I looked way too casual! Treated me like I was wasting his time! So, got up and left, found another dealer that had the same truck...not many around here it turns out! So, instead of that first dealer who is 9 miles away AND I had bought 2 vehicles from before, I drove 40 miles and had a great experience and purchased the truck.
Here it is! Had it 4 weeks today and am loving it! Can't wait to take it off road in the coming weeks!

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I bought my truck so I can pull off my ariat western boots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17RedSled

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Because RAM was my first truck back in the day, and always the most reliable!

13ram1500crew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Need it to haul lumber, wood working equipment, landscaping supplies and so on, You get the most for your dollar with a RAM. I could never drive a car everyday after having a truck for the past 5-6 years.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Need it to haul lumber, wood working equipment, landscaping supplies and so on, You get the most for your dollar with a RAM. I could never drive a car everyday after having a truck for the past 5-6 years.

That’s the problem. You reflect on all the times it came in handy and it’s hard to give that up for a few savings in gas. I tow a boat and plan to always go fishing so.... I know other options but it’s nice to load up stuff in the bed. Also the added safety factor. I know they’re not the safest but I’ll take my chances in a truck

13ram1500crew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
That’s the problem. You reflect on all the times it came in handy and it’s hard to give that up for a few savings in gas. I tow a boat and plan to always go fishing so.... I know other options but it’s nice to load up stuff in the bed. Also the added safety factor. I know they’re not the safest but I’ll take my chances in a truck

Absolutely, there are more times than not when its being used as a truck with something in the box or towing.

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
My dealer wanted to make a sale, so he took $8000.00 off sticker, and gave me 100% trade in on what I paid for my 2017 Wrangler JKU. Was too good to say no to.

Donutsahoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
My previous truck was an 04 Ram 1500 Crew Cab with 215K miles. It had the 4.7 engine and I had already replaced it once. The next thing that was going to go was the transmission and I didn’t want to be around when that happened! lol

I wanted something newer, faster and better fuel economy, and I wanted diesel as well. So I found a 2018 eco diesel with 71 miles and could not pass it up. The dealer gave me more for my truck then I thought they would, I had enough money down and they were able to get the payments where I needed them so now it’s my truck. And I love that thing.

tourrider

Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
I've owned a truck since 1973, at age 15 it was my farm truck, a F100 4x4 with a 390. It was a beast.
Always had a truck, and usually a couple of cars. When ever I threatened to sell my truck, my wife would protest profusely while reminding me that she married me because of my ********* RAM (truck).

This is my first non-black RAM.

p3 (Medium).jpg

NOV87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Used to have a small Mazda pickup a long time ago. Since then I have always had 4wd lifted SUVs. Out of all trucks on the market, I like RAM the most especially HEMI.

Ludville1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport Crew
We have a 17' Lund fishing boat, and a 21' hybrid travel trailer, and the wife wants to upgrade to a larger travel trailer. Previously, the towing duties were done by a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer that we bought brand new, and it did OK. But I've wanted a truck for a while now, was tired of the Trailblazer, and the wife wanting to up size to a larger travel trailer was a good reason to get a full size truck, lol! So last July, I bought the '09 Ram, and sold the Trailblazer. The truck is a beast and I absolutely love it!
SS2.jpg

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
I bought my 2500 to tow our 32ft Jayco sitting next to it :)

IMG_1231.JPG

Alexender

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
i always had small car for fuel economy before.

But i realized i wanted to make a power statement.

I wanted something Big on the road. That take alot of space. Also the added safety if a car ran into my truck at a red light or anything i wouldnt have injuries. Since the truck is so big and heavy the other car will get crushed and i will walk away. Also during winter you get High Ground clearance and 4x4 when theres alot of snow.

Thats why i got a 3.6 pentastar ram, Its exactly the same size as the v8 hemi but you use less gaz because of the v6. This fit me perfectly , Since gaz price around here in Canada go up pretty much, gaz start too cost more.

Also since they pass the Marijuana Law , now its legal in Canada, I dont want a bunch of 18 years old High on weed in a camry ran into me when i have a small car.

The big truck add safety.