Why...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwjouster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The V6 was a big factor on why i didnt get a Raptor versus getting the Hemi Ram. even though the V6 was putting out more HP, just wasnt trickin my trigger, plus the newer Rams look alot better then the fords do. The Fords just look so basic and "grandpaish" where as the Rams just look tough and sound mean

youll change your mind when you line up at a light with one.
the ecoboost is just that much better at acceleration.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We need the active-exhaust they use on the chargers and challengers though. Let it be nice and quiet when pulling out of the garage at 5AM, but at WOT it should open the active-exhaust bypass and let it roar!

I say screw the neighbors, they didnt have a regard to my babies when they were taking naps or sleeping, mowing the grass, doing construction, dogs barking at all hours, lighting fireworks off at all hours, and the neighbors kid directly next door had his truck parked by kids window, it was a diesel with a loud exhaust and let it warm up for 45 minutes in the winter. But were all cool neighbors

1Low04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I say screw the neighbors, they didnt have a regard to my babies when they were taking naps or sleeping, mowing the grass, doing construction, dogs barking at all hours, lighting fireworks off at all hours, and the neighbors kid directly next door had his truck parked by kids window, it was a diesel with a loud exhaust and let it warm up for 45 minutes in the winter. But were all cool neighbors
That's where a japanese car with a 2 step comes in handy! Or, as stated above, a tuned Focus RS

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
youll change your mind when you line up at a light with one.
the ecoboost is just that much better at acceleration.

i forgot what site but they did a drag race and the Raptor actually came in last of the big 3, Im sure theres many sites out claiming different results

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's where a japanese car with a 2 step comes in handy! Or, as stated above, a tuned Focus RS

Oh just with the exhaust on mine they know when i leave at 5 in the morning

1Low04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh just with the exhaust on mine they know when i leave at 5 in the morning
That's good enough, especially on cold mornings. My dad has a cammed and catless AWD Magnum R/T with a JBA X-pipe and JBA mufflers. It rattles the walls in the house when he starts it in the mornings!

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh wow. Didnt know the RS was being **** canned already.

I mean. They basically use the same engine. The RS just has a bigger twin scroll turbo. Intercooler. And exhaust. Well, some tuning also.

I guess I just like a mustang to make V8 noises. There is nothing worse than they guy who straight pipes his V6 mustang. They sound awful.

Fun fact. The RS engines are popping like popcorn. I watched a cool video explaining. Apparantly Ford reinforced the block with extra aluminum. To hold more power. But when a cross section of a block was done. At some points there is like less than 1/4 of aliminum between the cylinder, and the great outdoors. It's crazy to see how thin it is.

The only thing I dislike about the RS. Is that not every kid around me has one, and thinks he's keen block. They sit at red lights banging the launch control and popping flames. I just wonder do you have any idea how bad that **** is for your turbo? Launch control is fine and all, but when you are tuning g it to spit 5ft flames out the back, your seals wont be lasti g too long lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Except the Focus RS has suspension, tires, AWD, is lighter and could eat the Mustang for a light snack anywhere anytime.
The world has changed...turbo 4cyl motors are everywhere now...check out the new GMC/Chevy Sierra/Silverado.
I would not consider a full size truck with a 6cyl much less a 4 cyl personally. It asking tooooo much of the motor. I chose my SLT over a ‘16 CCSB 4wd loaded Big Horn with same miles, similar price b/c of it being V6. No offense, the V6 is fine, but a full size truck should be a V8. Even the Raptor.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Dun watched dat one and subscribbed. Needs more fireball and gunshots IMO
I have a few vids stashed of it spitting E85 flames on the dyno. Gotta find it though.

I specifically told them to try and keep from flaming up though. I want to save the turbo. Not to mention my rear bumper/diffuser is all kinds of melted already.

1Low04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a few vids stashed of it spitting E85 flames on the dyno. Gotta find it though.

I specifically told them to try and keep from flaming up though. I want to save the turbo. Not to mention my rear bumper/diffuser is all kinds of melted already.

That means it's fun :shrug:

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
That means it's fun :shrug:
Not after the amount of modifications exceeds the initial cost of the car it ain't! I'm in this thing 40k. Just on go fast **** lol. Still owe 7k o. The ****** car hahaha

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Oh yeah. To the other person regarding the equal length manifold.

The first vid I posted is with an equal length. This video is with the stock manifold, which is un equal. Difference is amazing.

And for @1Low04. Thus one has some fire about 30 seconds in lol

Last edited:

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Meh...it’s just like any other poser mod. Like when people lift their trucks or put bigger tires on, but will never go off road. Or the people who put light bars in their grills of bumpers, but they’ll never get turned on (then they’ll have the audacity to tell people to buy the overpriced rigid as opposed to cheap amazon because the lights don’t burn out as quick). Or the people that buy fancy looking cold air intakes that do nothing for performance or fuel mileage, and nobody will even be able to see how pretty it is unless they leave the hood open every time they park the truck. Or the people that complain about the poor lighting of the factory headlights, then put in bulbs that are above 5000k.
Damn dude you’re on a roll. I have a few of those mods and I’m sooooo offended bahaaaa

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You did not just use the phrases 4 banger and good sounding in the same sentence, wow lol
Turbo bangers are fun, you're missing out restricting yourself. The best are muffler-less ones like the mentioned SRT4 or Abarth, that pop, gurgle, whistle, and pchewww as you race around. NAs can be really fun too if you get a high RPM screamer like my old Yamaha which was a riot over 10K rpm! Chocolate ice cream is great, but there's a lot of other flavors out there to enjoy.

check out the new GMC/Chevy Sierra/Silverado.

I would not consider a full size truck with a 6cyl much less a 4 cyl personally. It asking tooooo much of the motor.
There's no replacement for displacement.

BUT... remember turbochargers add effective displacement. With enough boost a 2 liter can gulp as much air as a 6 liter. The new Silverado four banger (310hp/350ftlbs) you mention does 0-60 in 7 seconds flat per C&D, and in their latest test towing 6K lbs was less than a second behind the 2019 Ram hemi w/ etorque boost. :eek:

Last edited:

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Turbo bangers are fun, you're missing out restricting yourself. The best are muffler-less ones like the mentioned SRT4 or Abarth, that pop, gurgle, whistle, and pchewww as you race around. NAs can be really fun too if you get a high RPM screamer like my old Yamaha which was a riot over 10K rpm! Chocolate ice cream is great, but there's a lot of other flavors out there to enjoy.
To each their own, I have zero use for any of them!!!

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Jessica Smith Oh I am not disputing fact, they are amazing motors. But when I look at it, I am thinking 4 cylinders vs 8. Or even 6. Pistons, rods, 1/2 size crank....In my head, the physics dont match up. How hard does a na 5.7L v8 have to work vs a 2.x liter forced induction I-4....its just crazy! Id love to have that motor in a 2500-3000lb vehicle, but asking it to yank around a 2-2.5ton vehicle shaped like a brick with big fat friction loving tires?
Its an engineering milestone and very impressive. Its just not for me. I close my eyes and hear a Silverado at WOT with bzzzzzzz fart can...shivers....

pwjouster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
i forgot what site but they did a drag race and the Raptor actually came in last of the big 3, Im sure theres many sites out claiming different results

irrelevant.

i get whooped nearly every day.
prior to my tune/pulsar i got gapped.

now i get pulled to the 1/8 then the 6.4 will go hard in 3rd at 3,500 rpm+

these are ecoboost f150 mostly, And stock.
the ecoraptor is Fast as **** for a factory truck. Im in Boca Raton and Broward, Raptors are everywhere, owned by teenagers.
6.2 GM is second in line to the Hemi, in my opinion, for trucks. Its fast, but its eh. Makes for a fun tahoe/yukon though.

im just waiting for my PCM over here...

Last edited:

1Low04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh yeah. To the other person regarding the equal length manifold.

The first vid I posted is with an equal length. This video is with the stock manifold, which is un equal. Difference is amazing.

And for @1Low04. Thus one has some fire about 30 seconds in lol
That backfire tho. Sounds good bro!