Will 5th gen Ram seats fit in a 4th gen Ram?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
i was wondering if anyone with a 4th gen has swapped out their seats for a set of the 5th gen seats? And if so, do the seat rails line up? What about the plugs under the seats, aswell as the actual placement of the seats? Is there any gaps inbetween the front seats?

I am thinking about picking up a pair of cheap 5th gen cloth front seats and wrapping them in some Katzkin's because i really like the design that Katzkin has for the 5th gen seats, it looks so much nicer then the bland looking 4th gen designs they have.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Bump... would really like to know if anyone has attempted this swap yet???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ssampson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My guess is that it is way too early for anyone to consider doing a swap like this.

madweazl

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'13 1500 | '16 2500
Engine
5.7 | 6.4
This thread has some of it swapped it looks like.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
I think I saw it on the members truck section. A truck was swapping in 5th gen seats.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
This thread has some of it swapped it looks like.

Wow lol looks like way too much work. I do have experience making custom seat brackets for racing seats in a drag civic years ago, measuring, cutting, welding, etc. I was the only one with a portable welder out of all my friends so i did it for my friend. So fabricating/combining the seat rails and brackets wouldn't be out of my league, the thing that will be difficult for me will be the wiring as ive never been the best at figuring out what goes where in a situation like that. Regardless, i might do the seat swap, but not the console, im ok with a 4th gen 2018 console as they are really nice, plus i have a regular cab so im not worried about backseats or mounting them or custom brackets.

Also, my seats in my 2012 have SRS side impact air bags and its such a ***** to find any 4th gen seats that have the SRS air bags, as like 90% of them seem to not have them, or atleast the leather seats i find on ebay and locally, never seem to have the SRS air bags.