Will a Power Wagon axle fit my CTD 2500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

odins_rule

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I’m currently on a hunt for a replacement AAM 9.25 for my 2012 Ram 2500 4x4 6.7l. The front axle under my truck now is bent causing close to 2° negative camber on each side causing fluid to seep from the plug welds and where the tubes meet the pumpkin. I've been eye balling a few new axle housings but they're from Power Wagons (Mopar Part no. 68065464AB). I can't find any information if 68065464AB housings will accept my stock internals and knuckles/hub assembly. From what I gathered the only difference between my stock AAM housing and the PW housings is the PWs came with an E-locker, 4.56 gears and have some sort of bracket on the long side of the tube for a skid plate.

My master plan is truss the new housing with an Artec truss and rebuild the housing with fresh ball joints, seals, bearings and what ever else it needs to have a hopefully bend proof axle.

TL;DR
Will a 68065464AB fit in place of a 68065444AB?

Edit:
Links for
68065464AB
vs
68065444AB

Last edited:

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
It’ll work, it’ll just have provisions for the smart bar and wiring for the front locker. It is physically identical to a regular 2500 axle in every other way.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
whether the housings and all mounting points are the same is hard to say. they may not be identical in every way but i would guess theyre inter changable. why not just buy the correct housing so you can be sure its correct ?

OP
OP
odins_rule

odins_rule

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
whether the housings and all mounting points are the same is hard to say. they may not be identical in every way but i would guess theyre inter changable. why not just buy the correct housing so you can be sure its correct ?
The only correct new housing I've found so far is $2500... OUCH! Everything is sold out and I've had a few orders canceled. The housing I have my eye on now is for a PW and about $1300 less. Just waiting on a reply to see if they have any in stock.

OP
OP
odins_rule

odins_rule

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
It’ll work, it’ll just have provisions for the smart bar and wiring for the front locker. It is physically identical to a regular 2500 axle in every other way.
Thanks, I just found a voicemail left from AAM and the Tech wasn't too sure. He said, "I don't think the brackets are going to bolt right in"

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
check with local salvage yards and classifieds. maybe they would even sell just the empty housing if thats all you need. $1200 sounds like to much since your rebuilding it anyway. 600-700 sounds more reasonable