Will these headlights work with my truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sen7inel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone! Long time listener, first time caller here.

I've had my 2019 Classic Big Horn since May, and wanted to upgrade my reflectors to projector lights. As luck would have it, I always manage to miss out on someone selling an oem set of chrome projectors here. So it seems AlphaRex/Modifystreet it will have to be.

The oem style chromes are back in stock on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/AlphaRex-Fac...hts-Replacement/dp/B07RSTWVBR?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Problem is, the chrome style lights are available for projector trucks only. Can someone tell me if this is simply a matter of not using the supplied harness, or will these lights not work on a reflector truck?

OP
OP
S

sen7inel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks NJMOPAR, that's exactly it. Problem is, the ones for my truck don't come in chrome. So my question remains, is there a connector difference between the projector / non-projector model, or is it a different harness that these come with? In other words, what would it take to make the chrome ones work with a reflector truck?

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you like the OeM projector look, try and find some TUC projectors and get the harnesses from retroshop. I got my TUC for less than $500/pair.

OP
OP
S

sen7inel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys. A part of me wants to wait for the real deal, it's just been tough waiting for what seems like forever.

Turbo67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2007
Engine
5.7, 5.9
have you looked at retro shop, they have some nice setups and great customer service

OP
OP
S

sen7inel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Appreciate all the replies gents. Decided to wait it out for a set of OEM chrome projectors for sale. Upgraded to H9 bulbs in my quads, which are a serous improvement over stock - set me back a cool $20.