Will they bring back lost Longhorn options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

727Jay

Reaction score
I’ve been waiting for the uconnect 5 to be available and now that it is for 2022, I have found that the HUD/rear view mirror cam and the 360 degree cameras are not available on Longhorns. Grrrrr…..
Does anybody think it reasonable that they will be available later in the production run this model year If the chip shortage gets straightened out? I have my doubts personally, but I’d love to hear that I’m wrong.
Anyone?
Jay

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Buy a Limited?

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If you have not already placed your order & you really don't need a New Ram right now.
I would wait until after New Years

Intel & at least one other company are working on getting chip production going in the USA
They were going to start making chips anyway, but now they are working on them sooner than expected due to this Chip Shortage

It would be a big advantage to Ram, if those Rams that were suppose to have those features were already setup with the harnesses & other adaptors to upgrade with a just a KIT at a later date

OP
OP

727Jay

Reaction score
Mikeru,
Yeah….that would be the answer, but I just love the Longhorn interior too much.

GT,
Waiting is probably the best move, since I’ve already been waiting this long anyway. That would be great if that stuff could be retrofitted like you said.

KalboKalbs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
21 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve been waiting for the uconnect 5 to be available and now that it is for 2022, I have found that the HUD/rear view mirror cam and the 360 degree cameras are not available on Longhorns. Grrrrr…..
Does anybody think it reasonable that they will be available later in the production run this model year If the chip shortage gets straightened out? I have my doubts personally, but I’d love to hear that I’m wrong.
Anyone?
Jay

^^^^ Thank you for posting this!

Dude next door IS within days of ordering a 2022 3500 Longhorn. My guess is he is unaware of the 360 NOT being available on 2022 Longhorn's.

Rather sure he'll delay purchasing. His 2500 only has ~250K miles and runs great. A very deliberative type buyer.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Mikeru,
Yeah….that would be the answer, but I just love the Longhorn interior too much.

GT,
Waiting is probably the best move, since I’ve already been waiting this long anyway. That would be great if that stuff could be retrofitted like you said.
I hear ya on the interior. I love the brown on the Southfork Edition. Really wish it was available on the Limited. For me it was more about not having chrome, and since the Longhorn isn't available without a chrome grille my decision was made for me.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hear ya on the interior. I love the brown on the Southfork Edition. Really wish it was available on the Limited. For me it was more about not having chrome, and since the Longhorn isn't available without a chrome grille my decision was made for me.
I know I only have a My 19 Bighorn, but love the brown/black look:

IMG_0798.JPGIMG_0800.JPG41976600_163563681235808_3355622240006701056_n.jpg

I do have the dash covered with a Covercraft mat. I find the light brown/tan works REAL well with reflecting onto the windshield.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have noticed that the Ram configurator seems to be changine dailey this week on the 2022 options that are available. Keep checking it