Wind noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
B6DD98B3-08FC-4F59-BA9A-EA9840719DB8.jpeg 25D1CFAD-5A41-4AA6-A308-23FACB1852CF.jpeg
During a recent 1500 mile trip I experienced, for the first time, the wind noise that I’ve seen mentioned in other threads on here. I only had this noise at 75+mph with strong right to left crosswinds. It never came from the right side of the truck regardless of speed or crosswind. My suspicion while driving, was that it was caused by wind crossing under the truck as it seemed to be coming from under my left foot.

The OEM mud flap has a large opening on the inside towards the frame that could act as a wind scoop under the right circumstances. The right side mud flap on my truck has an extra “button” (I’m sure it has a technical name. I just don’t know what it is) securing it to the body. Looks like the left side just didn’t get installed during assembly. I’m not sure if this is the cause of the noise but, I’m wondering if anyone else who has experienced the noise is also missing a “button”?

I’m going to have my dealer install one (“button”). If I can determine if this is the culprit I’ll report it back here.

Danes

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let me know why you find out! I get the same thing in my ‘19, but the noise is coming from my driver or passenger front window seal (depends on the direction of the wind)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BRFiel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just posted about the same noise. Should have searched some first. My noise seems to come from the front-center of the truck. I crawled around under there and saw holes in the frame going across the front. Will look at the "mud flap"

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I have this too and as you see there are a few posts in Exterior and Interior parts of this forum.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/2019-ram-1500-harmonic-wind-sound-above-75-mph.151668/

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/wind-noise.132181/

Good luck on getting it fixed as all RamCare can do is offer their sympathy and a promise to get involved if your dealer cannot fix it. A number of 5th Gen owners are having this problem and Ramcare can’t even provide a TSB or any help to give to the dealer so we don’t make multiple trips to get it fixed.

Last edited:

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I got a whistling noise with each gust while driving about 75 in a strong crosswind. seemed to me to be coming from the door somewhere. didnt feel like dealer would do anything about it so just looking online for ideas as to cause.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you guys noticing the wind noise is gone or next to gone with this Hot weather in the 90's maybe with everything expanded from the heat, I've had mine in all kinds of cross wind and 35-50 mile an hour winds no noise?

dinger5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have/ had a crazy wind noise also, could not determine where it was coming from. Had a strong crosswind when it happens, would like to know if anyone can solve this issue!! Driving a 2019 rebel.

Caulk Boss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have/ had a crazy wind noise also, could not determine where it was coming from. Had a strong crosswind when it happens, would like to know if anyone can solve this issue!! Driving a 2019 rebel.

Same here

Southern Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven’t been having any kind of wind noise yet hopefully it stays like that.