Wind noise.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D Rogers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My new Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab has a very annoying wind noise.It comes from the rear passenger side starts at 35 mph.Sounds like the door is open, anyone have this issue?

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
While I do not have this issue, check the door weathering. On my 14, the weathering would pull off every now and then, I would just push it back on.....never got around to fixing it. I did however replace it with a new truck. ;)

Ram19 Owner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I noticed the same issue with my 19 Laramie the night I bought it. Coming from the Right rear door making it sound like door isn’t closed or window is cracked open. Dealer has said everything is normal with seals and also tried telling me it might be because I don’t have the active noise cancelling. Showed him window sticker saying I have that. Going to go back and take a tech on a test drive so they can hear it.

OP
OP
D Rogers

D Rogers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My dealer basically said that it's impossible,and that it's probably the the trailer tow mirrors causing wind turbulence.Ive checked all of the seals and they are good ,still can't figure it out .I called Ram customer service and opened a complaint.They said if more complanc they might do a recall on door seals etc.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dealer basically said that it's impossible,and that it's probably the the trailer tow mirrors causing wind turbulence.Ive checked all of the seals and they are good ,still can't figure it out .I called Ram customer service and opened a complaint.They said if more complanc they might do a recall on door seals etc.
Try driving it with the mirrors folded in and see if it makes any difference. It also might not hurt to see about adjusting the latch where the door closes a little tighter against the seal.

Deshantai

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I know it’s the window because while I was driving and heard it, I took off my seatbelt leaned over and pressed on the window. You can hear the sound change from stopping completely or getting in pitch. Try it or have a passenger do it for you.

OP
OP
D Rogers

D Rogers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Appreciate the tips.

bucco47

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have wind noise with my 2 month old 2018 regular cab, driver door

OP
OP
D Rogers

D Rogers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think with enough complaints about this wind noise Ram will do something.I watched Motorweek review of the new Ram they even said there test vehicle had wind noise.

BSVmopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Same wind noise hear from back doors. Looks like the alignment is not right on most Rams you look at. Look at any new Ram and the top of rear door is in too much and bottom too far out. Weather-strip not the problem and you keep trying to close the rear window which is already closed. It is not easy to adjust door alignment and cannot imagine the mess a dealer would make out of it. Separate wind noise from DS mirror. My 2005 had less wind noise.

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Make a video with sound and another passenger demonstrating the changes when different factors are changed like pressing on the window, sunroof, etc.

How fast do you have to be going to notice the sound?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D Rogers

D Rogers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've owned 5 Rams ,2006 slt quad cab,2014 express Quad cab,2016 2500 diesel crew cab ,2017 quad cab and now this Gen. 5.No unsual wind noise in any of the previous models only in my 2019.I heard it on the test drive and like a knuckle head ignored it .Just over whelmed with the rest of the truck ,I stust am thrilled with my purchase but bummed about this .

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Owned 2008, 2012, and 2014's before my 2019. Every single one I owned had no wind noise issue other than my 2014. It was a NOTICEABLE whistle that showed up after about 25k miles and only at 55mph+. It was only present however when the regular vents were turned on. If I switched to defrost (windshield) or feet the noise went away. If I shifted in and out of vents 3-4x in a row sometimes the whistle would stop which lead me to believe it was the blender door or something along those lines, which is definitely not simple to access and have a look at. The whistle went when we sold the truck to the dealer and picked up our 2019 which so far, knock on wood, doesn't whistle in the wind.

OP
OP
D Rogers

D Rogers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do have the 4x4 off road package with the Falken a/ t tires.And they can be a bit louder than regular tires.So that can add some unwanted noise.I might attempt to take off the rear door panel it just seems like it's not insulated at all.No way this new truck should sound like this.

bigdodge

Reaction score
Use masking tape over the gaps of the door and or mirrors. I did this and found no difference in wind noise until I taped around the mirrors. Noise went away. I ended up putting weather stripping under them and it was gone. The masking tape is a great way to diagnose though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk