Window Tint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jetmech87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey just saw this pic and not to be rude @ all but I totally agree front windshield is so off and I tell people who ask me in my opinion I think any car/trucks looks better bear ass like my Viper then to start playing the match game cause troothfully at night 90% of people on the road can not tell nor care LoL . I’ve had well over 70 osh of my cars tinted all diff kinda ways , matches up here in NY depending how good ur tint guys tint is and that’s not a joke they could look diff and if u were asking what percent would ya have to do all the windows on a 4 door Ram. 1500 never minding winsheild I just did a few years back my F-150 Lariat FX-4 since my girl was diving it more then me I got the whole truck 5% matching all around . What I did my boy just did 15% over or now I gotta go look don’t think he even carries 20 % anymore looks perfectly matches and then sure no1 cares but I only did my windshield 50% I always would be a wise ass and say why even bother doing such a light % in my WS .... well act it’s looks perfect if ur up in the air betw 50-35% plus regardless I told my old lady hun please don’t let me catch ya backing outta of the driveway with ur wannabe gangsta dark windows lol last thing I do not care how good of a driver claims to be I think it’s always always important to roll them down all the way never count on those sensors well in the cold ice temps and I never use or trust my rear view camera and I have that Monster what is it really 13 inches in the newer Rams ya never. Know can’t wait till this weekend almost there Good Bless

Actually, I didn’t ask you anything. Thanks.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
My rears are factory and fronts are 20%. They match good and I'm very satisfied with at night and day.
Wheels 1b-Rebel Wheels-Driver Side.jpg

rockyrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Just got 70% ceramic all the way around except windshield. No noticeable visibility diff in back windows which is exactly how I wanted it. Mostly looking for heat/UV rejection and after a road trip to Tucson over the weekend, I'm glad I did it. Now I have my sights set on a sunstrip but am not sure how it will look with that big old box behind the rear view mirror... It will have to be two strips as it dips way to low.

AE5548

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got 70% ceramic all the way around except windshield. No noticeable visibility diff in back windows which is exactly how I wanted it. Mostly looking for heat/UV rejection and after a road trip to Tucson over the weekend, I'm glad I did it. Now I have my sights set on a sunstrip but am not sure how it will look with that big old box behind the rear view mirror... It will have to be two strips as it dips way to low.

Depending on how low you get it they can do it in one piece and cut around the center section. I’ll take a pic of mine tomorrow when it’s light out. I got mine done a year ago but wish it was lower. The legal limit is the AS1 line. It’s marked on your windshield.

Anonymous007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got 5% in mine. Took it to dmv in the city to get inspected to get my license plate and of course they failed me. Took it it to a different county and they didnt bother checking tint, lights, horn, or wipers. All the sheriff did was make sure the vin matched.

PS if youre in KY, dont go to jefferson county, take your car to get inspected in elizabethtown (hardin county), thank me later [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had 20% ceramic on the last two Ram's side windows , 20 on across the top of the windshield down to the limit mark and a layer of 20 on the rear. The Rams and Fords before that had the same shade on the same windows back to about 1998 in NJ and have never ever been questioned and I drove all over the state. I gave the law plenty of chances to pester me

Hammer22801

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
DDC637A5-7C85-45AB-A0BC-57A703331118.jpeg DDC637A5-7C85-45AB-A0BC-57A703331118.jpeg
So I have a crew cab and want to get my driver and passenger side windows tinted. Curious, is the factory tint for second row of the crew cab 20%. I was debating between either 20% or 35% for the front windows and do 5% strip on the windshield. If you have 20%, how hard is it to see out at night? Appreciate any info!

Louisiana and I put 5% on my back glass and 2 back doors. 15% on my front doors and a 5% strip 10” down on my windshield.

I went with the slightly more expensive ceramic tint but it keeps my truck cooler during the day and lights/sun no longer blinds me.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I just found a way to tint the windows for $5. This Genius figures it out!

https://www.reddit.com/r/****ty_Car...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Got 5% in mine. Took it to dmv in the city to get inspected to get my license plate and of course they failed me. Took it it to a different county and they didnt bother checking tint, lights, horn, or wipers. All the sheriff did was make sure the vin matched.

PS if youre in KY, dont go to jefferson county, take your car to get inspected in elizabethtown (hardin county), thank me later [emoji12]

So glad Oklahoma dropped state inspections.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk