Window Tint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eddie S

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
[QUOTE="DURASPANK, post: 2187937, There's a lot of vehicles running around here with 5% all the way around.[/QUOTE]

Running around where????

Eddie S

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
I just DiD + 5 % tint all around D A R K
And did 20% on my wins gild a little too dark but like like anything else u get u 2 in in N.Y.C cops don’t really really need 2 mess with us unless ya acting like a ******* u dig one think I’m not to impressed with the stock hemi I Love me them Ford Motors but deff a great all around truck
John @ AkASean@John

View attachment 191751

View attachment 191757

View attachment 191758

View attachment 191759

View attachment 191760

Im sorry but what language are you speaking????

Diablo21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 BlackOut BigHorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was wondering the same thing-maybe I dont understand New York language?LOL
Hey pal not trying to be a wise ass one bit what park fo u know understand ??? Inhale my whole trucks not tinted at all from the factory. Then my boy takes My truck on a early Sat Am ( as a owner u want it muggy and hott and then a couple days later he does the whole in tire truck all over again 5% like the first time follow me still ?????? So it will never come out perfect doing it twice AND then the last thing he does is my whole entire Windshield no not 5% but I’ve had it down a low as 20% and in my opinion if ur gonna do the sides n back really dark then ya should have extremely bright LED bulbs and Fogs cause reameber the higher the front sits the harder it will be able to see I like the look no1 can bright me + I have type 1 Diabeties so my eyes are so very super sensitive and that’s no bull sh$t. No guys I really Actually Have a written prescription That I get just about every year from my eye doctor and I keep it right in. My walleye behind my license that’s all . Hey hope I explained myself better this time I’m not a good writer at all .......... Are you want from here from New York New Jersey or Connecticut ???????? Just Askin cause I’m right about 10 minutes north from Yankee Stadium...... any questions fell free pm anyway I just joined this formen I’m also a Ford guy lol g n everybody and.

4D05D770-E123-437A-9CC5-FC2F0BAAC678.jpeg 4D05D770-E123-437A-9CC5-FC2F0BAAC678.jpeg 4D05D770-E123-437A-9CC5-FC2F0BAAC678.jpeg 4D05D770-E123-437A-9CC5-FC2F0BAAC678.jpeg 4D05D770-E123-437A-9CC5-FC2F0BAAC678.jpeg

330D35E8-5DBE-4AE7-857A-BD4E601581B7.jpeg

Diablo21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 BlackOut BigHorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I have a crew cab and want to get my driver and passenger side windows tinted. Curious, is the factory tint for second row of the crew cab 20%. I was debating between either 20% or 35% for the front windows and do 5% strip on the windshield. If you have 20%, how hard is it to see out at night? Appreciate any info!
Hey pal Sorry for the late response to match the box it’s at least 20% I lied I would say go little darker 15 if they have but yeah don’t go darker on front then back in my opinion ! In NYC we have a word I can not replete oN here it looks cheap “ ither do it all or don’t do it at all “ haha it’s cheap looking I think I would just do the whole windshield yes it is hard to see but u get use to it and u gotta have really good LED Lights since trucks are higher then little cars ya dig . LoL and yes every time I back up I got a roll my windows down in this in for my sensors I know laughable but I like looks haha

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I think i hear the Brooklyn slang lol punctuation does wonders, ive seen a few posts lately that have been a tuff read!

Out here on the island there's no way we could get away with that, just not worth the risk anymore unless ya know all the cops or someone up high.

Diablo21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 BlackOut BigHorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thinking I'll go with 20%.

frankie frankie frankie I might sound like a ******** ........ but my theory oh a hot sunny u wanna drive in that ****** humid weather comfortably bro is this simple to the police if it’s it’s close enough to be illegal what do ya think it means ? ITS ILLEGAL they make judge there own rules I’d say 3/4 of them but here’s my point no one **** belieave I have limo and prob gotta be the top ten darkest windows on the streets of the tri state are bottom line right I’m not famous but on my hand to god I haven’t gotten a tinted window ticket in over 8 years + hummmmmm cause I have a Written from a well know Eye DR Prescription for my eyes and my Diabetes and it sits in. My lock box under my seat and another shoved under my sun visor I try to be smart guys with. No front plate if ur car is new with no holes like mine u day they replaced my front bumper and ya leave ya plate on your back seat on the floor bend it up just make it looked like it’s been on. Your car and all u tell them officer im eating fir my front plate braket and it’s been on. Back order just tell them u went Roth a better looking bumper there are so many my cousin is a NYC PD
Lol I got me a lot a tricks and answers and questions my peps feel free hit me up I’d love to try to try to help oh Just one day if you get pulled over for doing 120 that one yeah better chance getting a lotto LOL
Night everyone

Diablo21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 BlackOut BigHorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
View attachment 191432 Like I said I’m not happy with my choice on the front two doors and I’ll have them replaced with 5 but here’s an idea of what you’ll be looking it. Keep in mind the sun was shining directly into the windshield when I took the pic.
Hey just saw this pic and not to be rude @ all but I totally agree front windshield is so off and I tell people who ask me in my opinion I think any car/trucks looks better bear ass like my Viper then to start playing the match game cause troothfully at night 90% of people on the road can not tell nor care LoL . I’ve had well over 70 osh of my cars tinted all diff kinda ways , matches up here in NY depending how good ur tint guys tint is and that’s not a joke they could look diff and if u were asking what percent would ya have to do all the windows on a 4 door Ram. 1500 never minding winsheild I just did a few years back my F-150 Lariat FX-4 since my girl was diving it more then me I got the whole truck 5% matching all around . What I did my boy just did 15% over or now I gotta go look don’t think he even carries 20 % anymore looks perfectly matches and then sure no1 cares but I only did my windshield 50% I always would be a wise ass and say why even bother doing such a light % in my WS .... well act it’s looks perfect if ur up in the air betw 50-35% plus regardless I told my old lady hun please don’t let me catch ya backing outta of the driveway with ur wannabe gangsta dark windows lol last thing I do not care how good of a driver claims to be I think it’s always always important to roll them down all the way never count on those sensors well in the cold ice temps and I never use or trust my rear view camera and I have that Monster what is it really 13 inches in the newer Rams ya never. Know can’t wait till this weekend almost there Good Bless

Diablo21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 BlackOut BigHorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can’t pass inspection in NY with the front windows tinted...unless it’s from factory. I had to remove mine a few years ago on my last truck in order to pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sorry budd your 1000000000000% wrong
Only did that in my areas to shake up the commercial/ CDL places giving them out if u get stoped just don’t Rat the nice gas station guy who did just pay the stupid ticked or just leave the stock look looks so ridiculous but just my opinion

Diablo21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 BlackOut BigHorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ceramic. Don’t know what your tint guy offers but mine sells Llumar ATR (metallized), Formula 1 Pinnacle ($$$), and Formula 1 Stratos ($$$$$). The last two being the nano ceramic which actually rejects IR. Inside the truck will actually feel cooler.

Lumar is so many years outdated WoW guys idk I like Da 3M esp on my windshield

Diablo21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 BlackOut BigHorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I called and asked, and it sounds like they offer the same. I'm going with the Formula 1 Pinnacle ceramic tint.

hey frank reading your post sound like your giving your self and your truck a nice long Ass Anxiety attack LoL just joking please u will thank me whoever play it safe and stick with 20%. 2 0 ok Barry Sanders if u go 35 % i promise ya and my advice hold off on ur darkness on ur windshield and don’t rush it cause u will regret it and just wasting. $$$$
And please don’t do that late 1980’s -1990’s played out ugly ***** strip just save ur cash.... oh that’s what don’t any of your bimbo Tint guys ask u what look u want or does any1 ever ask ??? That’s what amazes the hell outta me I tell 1 of my only 2 tinters #1 nooooo air bubbles # tint all the way up I mean all the way no half ass NYC 100dollar **** Job and if it comes out after I analyze it with my OCD mag glass I tip the **** outta them but hope u all get what yous wanted or close to it I got guys all over Bronx and north tint guy the best

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
sorry budd your 1000000000000% wrong
Only did that in my areas to shake up the commercial/ CDL places giving them out if u get stoped just don’t Rat the nice gas station guy who did just pay the stupid ticked or just leave the stock look looks so ridiculous but just my opinion

Your correct, partly. Your front passenger side, driver side and windshield must allow more than 70% of light in. If it does not meet that criteria then you will fail inspection. I had 20% and had to remove the tint on my last truck in order to pass. However I believe that was done for the protection of law enforcement officials.
Agreed it does look nice but I chose to comply with the law and I can see a hell of a lot better at night. IMO it looks fine to not tint the front windows. But hey to each is own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hey pal not trying to be a wise ass one bit what park fo u know understand ??? Inhale my whole trucks not tinted at all from the factory. Then my boy takes My truck on a early Sat Am ( as a owner u want it muggy and hott and then a couple days later he does the whole in tire truck all over again 5% like the first time follow me still ?????? So it will never come out perfect doing it twice AND then the last thing he does is my whole entire Windshield no not 5% but I’ve had it down a low as 20% and in my opinion if ur gonna do the sides n back really dark then ya should have extremely bright LED bulbs and Fogs cause reameber the higher the front sits the harder it will be able to see I like the look no1 can bright me + I have type 1 Diabeties so my eyes are so very super sensitive and that’s no bull sh$t. No guys I really Actually Have a written prescription That I get just about every year from my eye doctor and I keep it right in. My walleye behind my license that’s all . Hey hope I explained myself better this time I’m not a good writer at all .......... Are you want from here from New York New Jersey or Connecticut ???????? Just Askin cause I’m right about 10 minutes north from Yankee Stadium...... any questions fell free pm anyway I just joined this formen I’m also a Ford guy lol g n everybody and.

View attachment 191874 View attachment 191874 View attachment 191874 View attachment 191874 View attachment 191874

View attachment 191876
It may be the spelling thats screwing me up and the NY accent. If you have an eye prescription then you do have the legal right to have much darker tint-but you should mention that first before recommending such dark tints to everyone else-we will get screwed by the PO_PO if we dont have that legal prescription. BY the way-I really like your new Bighorn!!!

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So Diablo you put your script behind a fish? You said walleye right?

Bill Knight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine are 20% too, they match the factory tint or smoked glass. Durning the day no issues at all. At night its a little tougher, the famous J-walker who likes to try to cut arcoss the street on a 45 degree angle as the third gen Rams have huge A pillars which makes it hard to those idiots. Backing up in the rain. I even upgraded to LED reverse light, which helped a lot. Plus lets everyone around you in a half mile know your backing up.

Trekker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went with 5% on everything (including sun rood) and 35% on windshield. I love it