Windshield Squeak on New 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMHON

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 5 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine
I'm having an intermittent squeak that seems to be coming from the front windshield when I hit a bump. It started the day after I picked up the truck new (2016 Ram 1500 in Dec) and stopped for a long while but has started again yesterday. Not sure what is causing it? Only thing I can think of is I took it to car wash on Monday and that may have loosened something?

Anyway - hate to have to bring it to dealer and potentially leave it with them. Anyone else experience same and or have suggestions?

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 14 had a squeak like that , dealer said it was nothing , idiots! Couple months later it started leaking down the inside passengers side . They fixed it though ...
Hope this helps !

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I'm having an intermittent squeak that seems to be coming from the front windshield when I hit a bump. It started the day after I picked up the truck new (2016 Ram 1500 in Dec) and stopped for a long while but has started again yesterday. Not sure what is causing it? Only thing I can think of is I took it to car wash on Monday and that may have loosened something?

Anyway - hate to have to bring it to dealer and potentially leave it with them. Anyone else experience same and or have suggestions?

Hi RAMHON,
I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this squeak in the windshield on your new truck. If this is a concern that can be easily replicated at the dealership, I would highly recommend having them look into this for you. If it is much more intermittent, then additional information on situational and environmental factors would be needed to assist in the diagnostic process. Please let me know if you would like assistance in scheduling a service appointment at your local dealership. I'd be happy to help in any way I can!

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi Erica , nice to see you here !
Ramhon appears to be a new member , he may have forgotten to subscribe to his post .

Anyway , nice.to see you here and thanks for your time !

Nekozame

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a temporary squeak that was caused by some ice buildup where the good meets the windshield wipers. I'm assuming the OP has checked for debri?

OP
OP
R

RAMHON

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 5 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine
Hi RAMHON,
I'd be happy to help in any way I can!

Thanks Erica it is good to know you are here on this forum to help us!

Very strange - squeak is gone today - it's raining and maybe that has something to do with it? I appreciate Ram for being so attentive to its customers so far.

Will continue monitor it and try to record it.

Schwinn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I've got one, too, that seems constant above 60 km/hr. I haven't had a chance to take mine in yet (Just picked it up yesterday)

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Thanks Erica it is good to know you are here on this forum to help us!

Very strange - squeak is gone today - it's raining and maybe that has something to do with it? I appreciate Ram for being so attentive to its customers so far.

Will continue monitor it and try to record it.

Glad to hear it has stopped squeaking. If this concern returns, let us know!

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
My 13 and 14 did this same thing when it was fairly cold. Under the wiper cowl there are clear plastic wedges that are used to align the windshield when the adhesive is still soft. Once it cures they are worthless. I took all of them out after some searching and no more crazy noise.

JT