Windshield wiper not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
On my drive home today I noticed my passenger side Windshield wiper Slowly lagging behind the Drivers side then Suddenly not working at all. Really getting Fed up with this truck 2 Months to fix the water leak Now this ????WTF Also at times when I sound the horn my Radio station changes??? Never thought I'd say this But I'm so happy this truck is in the Lemon Law Process!!! Just got the truck back Monday and broke less than a week Later.I THINK IM RUNNING FAR AWAY FROM THE TRUCK MARKET!!!THESE AMERICAN TRUCKS ARE JUNK!!! MY FORD GOT LEMON LAWED I WENT TO DODGE AND THIS THING HAS LESS THAN 2000 MILES ON IT AND HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP OVER 2 MONTHS !!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
I don't think you should gamble or buy any lottery tickets either.

OP
OP
Johnny P

Johnny P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I don't think you should gamble or buy any lottery tickets either.
Well its definitely not me both trucks were found to be defective by the manufacturer..Too much unproven and untested (in my opinion) Technology in these vehicles and everything runs off the stereo mini computer..Imagine if something goes wrong with the stereo? They have a noise cancelling system in the truck that at times creates such a loud noise itself the cab is sometimes unbearable to be in.This happened at the Dealer as I was dropping it off for the water Leak the service guy was like what the hell is the noise?

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Well, Bad Things comes in Three's so whatever you buy next, make it cheap and from a really really close dealer.

OP
OP
Johnny P

Johnny P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well, Bad Things comes in Three's so whatever you buy next, make it cheap and from a really really close dealer.
Lol...Yea I thought to myself I will leave Ford and go to Dodge what are the chances of getting 2 Lemons..I love everything about this truck but OMG seems like everything is made cheaply except the HEMI which by the way mine gets 9 or 10 MPG with my city Driving. Horrible in the city but better than my Ford on the Highway

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol...Yea I thought to myself I will leave Ford and go to Dodge what are the chances of getting 2 Lemons..I love everything about this truck but OMG seems like everything is made cheaply except the HEMI which by the way mine gets 9 or 10 MPG with my city Driving. Horrible in the city but better than my Ford on the Highway

Sorry to hear of your difficulties, the only thing I could recommend is not getting a first year redesigned model. Especially if you were coming from a bad experience already, I wouldn't want to turn right around with an even bigger gamble. I'm sure most of the problems these things are having will be resolved in the 2020 and up model years, so either just wait for that or get a 2017-18 for a great deal, on a platform that had been around from 2009. I do hope your problems end here though, the wiper issue seems odd, I've never encountered a problem like that. Best of luck.

OP
OP
Johnny P

Johnny P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well today I removed the caps that are on top of the wiper blades because I saw the bolt was turning but the blade didnt move ...Turns out the Bolts to the Wiper Blades were almost off so I tightened them up and now they work Fine...

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I think I'm going to change to a buy 3rd or 4th year truck policy. Before that there's bugs to work out causing reliability issues and after that the cost cutting that causes the same.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well today I removed the caps that are on top of the wiper blades because I saw the bolt was turning but the blade didnt move ...Turns out the Bolts to the Wiper Blades were almost off so I tightened them up and now they work Fine...

That's some good news, nice to get an easy fix, although would be much better to not have to deal with it at all.

I think I'm going to change to a buy 3rd or 4th year truck policy. Before that there's bugs to work out causing reliability issues and after that the cost cutting that causes the same.

I'd have to agree, if possible this is the best strategy. Growing up I always heard don't buy first model years, and that was back in the 90's/early 2000's. With how far things have come since then I have to think that rule applies ten fold. Then again, its luck of the draw, I'm sure there's plenty of people who haven't had any trouble at all with their 19's. I'm sure that number of trouble free experience grows with each model year though.

OP
OP
Johnny P

Johnny P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
That's absolutely right especially for what the price tags are on these..

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's absolutely right especially for what the price tags are on these..

I can't disagree with that, at all.

OP
OP
Johnny P

Johnny P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well it looks like the Nut was loose to the wiper so I fixed that myself...What Next???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iralee