Wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Twistedwithin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So,on my 05 dodge ram,the delay wipers wouldn't work,the wipers work on both speeds,just not delay,so I was told the wiper/combo switch was bad,I bought a new one from mopar,I put it in this morning,after I finished everything I started the truck and the wipers came on and won't shut off ,the low and high work proper but when I turn the wipers off they stay on till I shut the truck off,i left it sit a few minutes,restarted the truck and after about a minute of idling,the wipers came on again with the switch in the off position and wouldn't stop till I turned the truck off..where do i go from here?

NoveskeFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Crew Cab Short Bed Copperhead Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd disconnect the negative on the battery, uninstall and reinstall the switch making sure the connections are all tight. Reconnect battery and if the problem persists, maybe you can return/exchange the switch for another one. Can't help beyond that basic stuff, hope you get it figured out.

Jason G Slabaugh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
There's a circuit board on your wiper motor, check all connections and if good get a new wiper motor unit. Correct me if I'm wrong thanks!

OP
OP
Twistedwithin

Twistedwithin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update..i removed and reinstalled the multi switch,,same problem, bought a new wiper motor,installed it,same problem except instead of the wipers being on low as soon as you turn the key on,they where on delay,next I bought both relays,same problem,so today I took the new multi switch out,and put the old one back in,hooked everything up and everything works as it should.thank you for the reply's .

Jason G Slabaugh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
That doesn't make sense, but glad it worked for ya! I put a new multi function switch in mine and didnt change conditions from the old one either. Im learning to live with it