wireless charging pad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zone 5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I can't seem to find this in the manual. When my phone is charging, there is a blue light on. When its all charged, the light turns green. and when I put it into the clip in front of the charging pad it shows no light till it connects and turns blue.

Today, the light was blue, and all of a sudden it turned flashing red. The only way to stop it was to take the phone out for a couple of seconds and the light would go out. Then I put it back in and the light would go blue and continue to charge.

I was wondering if anyone knew what the red flashing light means. Ram did not seem to explain this in the manual. Thanks!!

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
mine did that last night.........I just assumed it couldn't establish a connection, and......error'd out.

jimh4662

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RAM Laramie Longhorn C.C. Delmonico Red PearlCoat
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's the way mine works Flashing red unless locked into the sweat spot. I've popped it in and out to get it to stop flashing red. It's defently trying to lock on to the charging points on the phone. I guess Mopar figured flashing red means (Take notice)

OP
OP
Z

zone 5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Thanks guys!! At least I know I'm not alone. Interesting how it went from connected and then 10 minutes later not connected. I guess the joy of a new generation.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I want to add this to my truck. Do any of you know if it is even possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hey guys.........I'll ask now so I'll know once my truck arrives. I have a very thin case on my iPhone 8 plus. Not one of those huge otterbox defender cases that I could literally drop from a C130 and it not break. Will my phone charge with it on? If not....it's no big deal, cuz I can pop my case on and off in 2 seconds.

DAVECS1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My s9 fits into it pretty well with a thin case. Ipod touch 5th generation was too small

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hey guys.........I'll ask now so I'll know once my truck arrives. I have a very thin case on my iPhone 8 plus. Not one of those huge otterbox defender cases that I could literally drop from a C130 and it not break. Will my phone charge with it on? If not....it's no big deal, cuz I can pop my case on and off in 2 seconds.

Works with my OB Commuter case.

DeusUrsus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm using Apple's leather case on my iPhone X, and it works really well with every Qi charger I've used, including the one in my Ram.

In response to OP's post, I've had the red light a few times, but never while it's already charging. I've never seen the green light before, but that's because my phone is never fully charged :D The red light seems to come on if I have it offset to the left or right too much.

I do wish that the holder was adjustable somehow. If I run my iPhone X caseless, then there is too much sliding around in the holder because the phone is so thin!

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I want to add this to my truck. Do any of you know if it is even possible?

It's possible and from what I saw, it's not difficult. It's not cheap though. For me I'd rather have the couple of hundred bucks and just plug the phone in if I need to.

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the pelican case on my iPhone 8 and it works great.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
It's possible and from what I saw, it's not difficult. It's not cheap though. For me I'd rather have the couple of hundred bucks and just plug the phone in if I need to.

What’s “not cheap”?

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
At the time I think it was $200 - $300.

Is it plug and play? That’s an appropriate cost for a wireless charger with that much width. Good ones 1/3 of that size run $60-100

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl

I had wireless charging on the 2017 sierra I traded in. I liked being able to just toss my phone on the console and it start charging. I am surprised it didnt come on the optioned up laramie I just bought. looks like you can buy it from the parts dept. and add on for 250$

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
So I get the concept of wireless charging. I find it kinda redundant though, because to activate, in my case, Apple CarPlay, you need to plug it in. And then it will charge and mirror CarPlay on the radio.

Aptivus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it plug and play? That’s an appropriate cost for a wireless charger with that much width. Good ones 1/3 of that size run $60-100

Correct me if I'm wrong, but only the left side closest to the driver actually has a charging pad, not the entire width of the piece.

jettajam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Correct me if I'm wrong, but only the left side closest to the driver actually has a charging pad, not the entire width of the piece.

That’s correct. If you look closely, you’ll see the outline of it molded into the plastic....it’s probably 4 inches wide or so.