Wiring harness connection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dtomlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my 05 there is a harness connection on the drivers side behind the inner fender. Been having problems with the fuel guage and have already replaced the fuel pump and was going to disconnect this plug and clean the connections but cant figure out how to unplug it. Help please.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

pilotcld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L
Curious. What issues are you having with the fuel gauge? My 08’ won’t show full anymore. Last fill up was only 18 gallons when empty light was on. Only showed full to 3/4 gallons

OP
OP
D

dtomlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Originally the fuel guage would work intermittently. Then it would always read full. After changing the pump it now reads empty. I've done the cluster self check and it's working, so I'm trying to find a bad connection or wiring. This plug behind the inner fender is kinda dirty so I was wanting to open it and clean with contact cleaner, but I dont want to damage the connector

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

pilotcld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L
I hope someone can help you figure out what’s going on. I think I’m gonna be getting s 5 gallon tank and keeping it in my bed. Based on my math I’m getting 13 mpg. So I should be able to go just over 300 miles safely. I’m gonna try that and then fill it up again and see if that fixes my problem

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990