wont shift properly help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

meistermash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dude, you are just going to have to suffer through trying to decipher that hosed up service manual.
I know it's a PIA.
I'm used to having the damn book in my hands to look at too.
At least on my computer, acrobat sucks a fat hog.
I should buy another copier cartridge and a stack of paper and put it all on a readable touchable format.
Yes I predate the internet.
:mf_pcwhack:

OP
OP
G

gallis95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
other things to mention... the BRAKE light stays on everytime i drive.. and I do have 33s with stock gearing... can those things make the truck not shift?

OP
OP
G

gallis95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also speedo is off by 10 percent... is that solely due to larger tires? theyre 32's.. like at 60 mph on the speedo in real im going 66

OP
OP
G

gallis95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would love to take it to a shop.. but im a broke 19 year old... i guess i'll just drive it as it is and hopefully buy a new trans someday

Huskyd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine does this as well sometimes, I'll race people here & there and I'll catch it just revving up & up but not shifting till I let go of the gas. Doesn't happen everytime.

I asked my father about it, if he had any idea what it could be & he simply said "It's a 15 year old transmission, sometimes you gotta be easy on it".

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Mine does this as well sometimes, I'll race people here & there and I'll catch it just revving up & up but not shifting till I let go of the gas. Doesn't happen everytime.

I asked my father about it, if he had any idea what it could be & he simply said "It's a 15 year old transmission, sometimes you gotta be easy on it".

Check the transmission TV cable make sure its adjusted right.