Working toward a 5" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sphen22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all,

Just purchased a 98 1500 slt 4x4 with 5.2 and 5 spd.

Looking to do a bds 5" long arm with DOR 1500 steering kit. New bds rear 5" leafs.

My first steps are to replace all the items not included in the kits that would otherwise be compatible with the stock height and my future lift goals.

I would think, ball joints tie rods and things of that nature. Any other front end bits I should replace pre lift?

Also would like to use new hardware everywhere but see that most kits suggest using the oe fasteners. Any good sources for hardware, guessing napa or the like.

While i'm doing things of this nature I will be wire wheeling the rusty spots, neutralizing then frame painting.

Goals eventually will be 35's but will run 32.5 - 33 until i get new gears in the 44/9.25. Guessing the 5.2 and nv3500 woukdnt like turning a d60/70 axle swap.

Any other recommendations are welcomed.

Oh and the plenum mod was done by the previous owner. So good there, plus the truck amazingly only has 38k miles.