You guys with lifts and tires!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
what are you doing about adjusting the speedo? Getting ready to install a fab tech 6” on a 2019, he is going 35”x12.5 from the tiny sidewalk tires on the midnight edition.

I have a 2018 4th gen and it was easy with Alphaodb and a bypass harness. I don’t know if anyone has used alpha on a 2019 yet?

So how do I adjust the speedo on a ‘19?

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Most guys that spent all that money on a lift have a tuner that will adjust the speedo! I am not sure what speedo calibrators are out for the 2019, but might as well get a tuner. He will be glad he did!

OP
OP
CincyCuda68

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Most guys that spent all that money on a lift have a tuner that will adjust the speedo! I am not sure what speedo calibrators are out for the 2019, but might as well get a tuner. You'll be glad you did!
A tuner for a gasser? Unless something is different with the 2019 tuners do virtually nothing for gassers and secondly the tire size and TPMS are controlled by the bcm and most tuners, like the pulsar connect to the pcm.

Can you give me an example of a tuner that also does tire size change for speedo correction so I can further research?

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A tuner for a gasser? Unless something is different with the 2019 tuners do virtually nothing for gassers and secondly the tire size and TPMS are controlled by the bcm and most tuners, like the pulsar connect to the pcm.

Can you give me an example of a tuner that also does tire size change for speedo correction so I can further research?

I have used flashpaq, Diablo I2 and Diablo Trinity, all have speedo adjust.

I have never heard of a tuner doing nothing for a gasser!

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 2019 would require a PCM as well

OP
OP
CincyCuda68

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have used flashpaq, Diablo I2 and Diablo Trinity, all have speedo adjust.

I have never heard of a tuner doing nothing for a gasser!
If you research dyno results for tuners on Ram 5.7 and 6.4 you will find that actual results are somewhere between 18-30hp gain, which is virtually nothing.
If you change, cam, throttle body, manifolds to headers etc. etc. then you gain horsepower.

I’ve driven a truck with a diablo on the 91 octane tune and 91 octane gas, and could tell no difference between that truck and mine running 87 octane with a pedal commander.

Not trying to argue but dyno results don’t show enough gains to drop $1k plus.

But the main questions remains, need to change tire size in the BCM on a 5th gen truck. Tuner not an option.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you research dyno results for tuners on Ram 5.7 and 6.4 you will find that actual results are somewhere between 18-30hp gain, which is virtually nothing.
If you change, cam, throttle body, manifolds to headers etc. etc. then you gain horsepower.

I’ve driven a truck with a diablo on the 91 octane tune and 91 octane gas, and could tell no difference between that truck and mine running 87 octane with a pedal commander.

Not trying to argue but dyno results don’t show enough gains to drop $1k plus.

But the main questions remains, need to change tire size in the BCM on a 5th gen truck. Tuner not an option.

I'm not much up to speed on the 2019 options. Someone should chime in with some input.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you for your suggestion!

Good luck, sure there is something out there. I don't race my truck since it is lifted and was making a suggestion for a lifted truck. I have all the bolt on upgrades and it is much better than being all stock with the lift!

OP
OP
CincyCuda68

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I’ve seen both of them, you don’t happen to have experience with them do you? I bought the rough country to do my 2018 before I had the alpha and it didn’t work.

Hoping to get verification that one of these things actually work.

The other thing that makes crap confusing is the manufacturers not making it clear if it works on the 2019 5th gen or the classic or both. I’d bet the rough country model is meant for the classic only.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CincyCuda68

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good luck, sure there is something out there. I don't race my truck since it is lifted and was making a suggestion for a lifted truck. I have all the bolt on upgrades and it is much better than being all stock with the lift!
I am for anyone making their truck the way they want it, congrats on working hard to make your truck your own. I was simply pointing out tuners on gassers are very limited and if you have an 18 or newer, having to buy the tuner plus a pcm (because of the stupid security) for 1k+ didn’t make sense for me or my buddy with the 2019. If those of us with gassers could realize the 100+ HP gains the diesel guys do, I’d drop the 1k in a heartbeat.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve seen both of them, you don’t happen to have experience with them do you? I bought the rough country to do my 2018 before I had the alpha and it didn’t work.

Hoping to get verification that one of these things actually work.

The other thing that makes crap confusing is the manufacturers not making it clear if it works on the 2019 5th gen or the classic or both. I’d bet the rough country model is meant for the classic only.

I used the hypertech on my truck, worked just fine. That was well before alfaobd was released

OP
OP
CincyCuda68

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe Nick can help verify that
Websites for aftermarket parts, add on’s etc. are doing a terrible job of distinguishing between 5th gen and classic, makes researching these things tough. Thank goodness for the forums.

Reactions: JB1

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Damn nick, what don’t you sell lol.
Can you confirm that these work on 5th gen or just the 2019 classic?

Not much, we pretty much offer it all lol

So its a 2019 1500 5th gen? Sorry I thought it was also a 2500. that currently wont work on a 5th gen.

These manufactures have been awful at explaining this. I would have to look into this myself. We often dont get much more info than the consumers do with stuff like this

OP
OP
CincyCuda68

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not much, we pretty much offer it all lol

So its a 2019 1500 5th gen? Sorry I thought it was also a 2500. that currently wont work on a 5th gen.

These manufactures have been awful at explaining this. I would have to look into this myself. We often dont get much more info than the consumers do with stuff like this
Yeah, hard to figure it out. Looked at the link posted earlier in the thread for rough country, makes no distinction between classic or 5th gen but my gut says classic because it lists 18 and 19.

If you find out let me know.