You know what would be great?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A barrier on the fold flat floor next to the doors so I don't have to pick up groceries off the ground when I open the door. It probably looks comical to see me roll the back window down so I can get the bags off the door before I open it or open the door just a crack and reach in to catch anything about to fall out.

Could it be something as simple as a rail on hinges bolted into the edge of the floor? Or, to keep the surface of the floor somewhat flat, maybe two sections of sheet metal/plexiglass on 90 degree hinges?

For just a small load, folding up one section of the floor and using the true floor would probably work well enough. But loads of groceries like I get, I'd still have the same problem. I don't remember paper grocery bags doing this, dagnabit!

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
If someone comes up with something for this, I want one too!

As for paper bags, if you don't like plastic grocery bags come on up to NY. They outlawed plastic bags in my county as of Jan 1 and the whole state follows on March 1st. Of course, we also have snow, road salt, ridiculously high taxes, insane gun laws... On second thought, you're better off dealing with the bags. Stay where you are! :)

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If someone comes up with something for this, I want one too!

As for paper bags, if you don't like plastic grocery bags come on up to NY. They outlawed plastic bags in my county as of Jan 1 and the whole state follows on March 1st. Of course, we also have snow, road salt, ridiculously high taxes, insane gun laws... On second thought, you're better off dealing with the bags. Stay where you are! :)
In Cali, they still have plastic bags, but make you pay for them, lol.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
In Cali, they still have plastic bags, but make you pay for them, lol.

They left it up to each store to decide if they would charge for the paper bags. Most are, even ones that offered paper for free before the new law.

Now, to keep this on topic... Maybe a small spring loaded bar? Like the ones they used to sell (maybe they still do?) for curtain rods and shower curtains?

-K

OP
OP
RodeoRam

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now, to keep this on topic... Maybe a small spring loaded bar? Like the ones they used to sell (maybe they still do?) for curtain rods and shower curtains?

-K

A tension rod? They still sell them. I just bought a couple when I moved into the new house before I could install something more permanent for the curtains. As long as it wouldn't damage the upholstery on the back of the front seats and underside of the back seats. Good suggestion. Thanks, Kad.

OP
OP
RodeoRam

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, Brian. I don't think the sides would be high enough.

Y'all have got me thinking along a different path now. I wonder if this would fit across the doorway without falling out?

ad-c249041f1965_1.4521ebeee9cc86db1d80810946c076c8.jpg

OP
OP
RodeoRam

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bread crate?

Brian's brilliant! I just needed something deeper so I got this last night.

fb-13163a05e409_1.a7b3d2c1e8e00b07c55d247e368c6c2e.jpg

A lot cheaper than the doggie gate, and when I don't have groceries, there's always something else in the back that I can put in it. At 23 1/2" long, it fits just right between the front seat and folded up back seat. My front seat is almost all the way back, too.

Scott Allen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A barrier on the fold flat floor next to the doors so I don't have to pick up groceries off the ground when I open the door. It probably looks comical to see me roll the back window down so I can get the bags off the door before I open it or open the door just a crack and reach in to catch anything about to fall out.

Could it be something as simple as a rail on hinges bolted into the edge of the floor? Or, to keep the surface of the floor somewhat flat, maybe two sections of sheet metal/plexiglass on 90 degree hinges?

For just a small load, folding up one section of the floor and using the true floor would probably work well enough. But loads of groceries like I get, I'd still have the same problem. I don't remember paper grocery bags doing this, dagnabit!

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this fight everytime I go to the store. To make it worse it's always the spaghetti sauce that falls!!

Scott S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put 2 large storage totes right at the tailgate with a cargo bar behind them. I just drop the tailgate, slide them out and load em up with groceries, beer or even take out pizza. Easy to carry into the house as well. I have a freezer/warm box in one for frozen stuff or take out. I have a toneau cover also so it stays hidden from prying eyes.