ZF Transmission Fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is one of the options. That also looks like a great price for a 6-pack.

Mopar 8 & 9 speed tranny fluid.jpg

The pic above is a screenshot from 4:18 on David's MotorCity Mechanic 8HP70 fluid level check, video #2.

Last edited:

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would be careful ording it from Amazon, there's been reports of counterfeit parts on Amazon. If that's real Mopar 8&9 speed fluid that's an exceptionally good price, it's usually $30+/qt. The price alone is cause for concern.

I would try a more reputable source such as Summitracing or one of the Mopar parts sites.

Last edited:

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would be careful ording it from Amazon, there's been reports of counterfeit parts on Amazon. If that's real Mopar 8&9 speed fluid that it's an exceptionally good price, it's usually $30+/qt. The price alone is cause for concern.

I would try a more reputable source such as Summitracing or one of the Mopar parts sites.
This guy right here. Absolutely spot on!

Caveat emptor, and remember the old adage "If it sounds too good to be true, IT PROBABLY IS."

Currently Amazon is the LAST place I'd buy auto parts from.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would be careful ording it from Amazon, there's been reports of counterfeit parts on Amazon. If that's real Mopar 8&9 speed fluid that's an exceptionally good price, it's usually $30+/qt. The price alone is cause for concern.

Have you had or know of someone who has had a bad experience ordering from specifically from The Mopar Store at Amazon?

I found this post on another site which suggests that this is an FCA creation unless this post is fraudulent. This shouldn't be too difficult to corroborate.

The MoparStore Amazon.jpg

I do agree with Caveat Emptor.

I recently attempted to purchase LubeGard for a screaming deal from a Joe Blow distributor in Upstate NY.

After not receiving a confirmation of purchase, Google Street View showed the warehouse address to be a tiny hole-in-wall house.

Lucky for me, PayPal provided a quick refund and a lesson learned.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Amazon does a poor job of screening who is selling through them, and the market in general has been absolutely flooded with counterfeit Chinese parts. It's made national news, even hit some of the airlines receiving bad parts for jets.

It is absolutely worth the piece of mind to spend a little extra and buy from a reputable source... Auto Zone, O'Reilly, Advance, etc. or even the dealer. Your vehicle is expensive and you rely on it. Trying to save a buck might just leave you stranded somewhere.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have you had or know of someone who has had a bad experience ordering from specifically from The Mopar Store at Amazon?

I found this post on another site which suggests that this is an FCA creation unless this post is fraudulent. This shouldn't be too difficult to corroborate.

View attachment 532934

I do agree with Caveat Emptor.

I recently attempted to purchase LubeGard for a screaming deal from a Joe Blow distributor in Upstate NY.

After not receiving a confirmation of purchase, Google Street View showed the warehouse address to be a tiny hole-in-wall house.

Lucky for me, PayPal provided a quick refund and a lesson learned.

Personally, no. I got 8 qts of that Mopar fluid from Summit a couple months ago and it was almost $300. $37.50/qt. That's about what I've seen it go for just about everywhere else.

The price of 6qts for $85.34, which breaks down to $14.16/qt, is very suspect. That's a HUGE discount. Idk I have nothing against the store itself, it's just very suspicious. I wouldn't trust an expensive ZF trans to questionable fluid to save a little money.

JMO.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
According to OP's link it is returnable so get it & check it out. If not sure go to dealer & buy 1 qt & compare it.

Jas34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, this post is timely as I have a 6 pk box at home that just got delivered of this fluid. Haven't been home to check it yet, but the Mopar Store on Amazon seems to be legit according to this Stellantis media post:

It does seem odd that they would have an Amazon store that severely undercuts their dealers, but I have yet to find anything that leads me to believe this isn't the real deal. I did just send an email off to one of the contacts in the announcement to ask if it's legit. We'll see if he replies.

Last edited:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Amazon does a poor job of screening who is selling through them, and the market in general has been absolutely flooded with counterfeit Chinese parts. It's made national news, even hit some of the airlines receiving bad parts for jets.

It is absolutely worth the piece of mind to spend a little extra and buy from a reputable source... Auto Zone, O'Reilly, Advance, etc. or even the dealer. Your vehicle is expensive and you rely on it. Trying to save a buck might just leave you stranded somewhere.

I can appreciate limiting one's risk, especially for a device as expensive and critical to the operation of our vehicles.

Agreed that Amazon doesn't seem to make any effort to screen their sellers, they leave that task entirely up to the buyer.

And if money were no object, I'd buy the ATF from my favorite distributor and be happy too but I'm retired and don't have that luxury at this time.

The sellers for all products at Amazon are identified and it doesn't take much effort to research them to see if that calculated risk is prudent or not.

While I also agree there are more than a few suspicious looking sellers and many that I wouldn't trust to sell me a box of Kleenex, I'm not quite ready to condemn all sellers because there are several nefarious individuals.

I've had a few bad experiences with online purchases over the years but that will not prevent me from making future online purchases.

Personally, no. I got 8 qts of that Mopar fluid from Summit a couple months ago and it was almost $300. $37.50/qt. That's about what I've seen it go for just about everywhere else.

The price of 6qts for $85.34, which breaks down to $14.16/qt, is very suspect. That's a HUGE discount. Idk I have nothing against the store itself, it's just very suspicious. I wouldn't trust an expensive ZF trans to questionable fluid to save a little money.

JMO.

Yes, an enormous discount is always a red flag but not enough that I won't take a second look.

This particular discounted price is only available to Amazon Prime customers and I have seen many deep discounts to promote membership to this class of purchasers.

I haven't seen any comments to my last post about The Mopar Store at Amazon and their potential affiliation with FCA.

I could be wrong but it does appear that all sellers at Amazon have been painted with the same broad brush stroke because of the illegitimate types that are present.

That sounds very much like a good case of prejudice. :cool:

I know people who still won't use online banking or make online purchases too. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

We all make our own choices to manage the risks in life. It's all about risk tolerance and that is your own decision.

When it comes time for the next ATF change on my truck, I will be shopping for the best price from a distributor I have faith with.

If FCA has a store at Amazon, I will research to confirm they're legitimate but won't discount them because of the other slimy sellers they share the platform with.

YMMV :cool:

Jas34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A little more info on the Mopar Store on Amazon. The more I look into it, the more confusing it gets. If you look up mopar 8 & 9 speed atf on the store, you get the 6 pack price at $85.34 prime, a single quart price at $40.29 prime, a 7 qt pack price at $121.22, and a single quart price at $31.72 non-prime with a longer ship date. Turns out even though they are being sold through the "Mopar Store" they are actually being sold by and shipped from 4 different distributors. This seems also to be the case with the other products in the Mopar Store.

So, I guess my question is what exactly is the "Mopar store" and is my "Mopar 8&9 speed atf" actually the real thing? Still assuming it is until I find out differently.

To the op...yes that's the fluid you need. Just feeling a bit leery of whether this is the best place to buy it.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also for some extra context, when I did some selling on Amazon for a company I used to work for, we could choose any name we wanted for the store, there's not a verification process. In fact, we had to just deal with someone selling our products under a store name that was our registered trademark name and Amazon wouldn't touch them. So Mopar Store doesn't mean it's affiliated with Mopar official at all.

Just my additional 2 cents.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you look at the link the OP posted it says right below the Add to Cart button that it ships from Amazon but sold from "166 Auto Inc". If you click on their storefront, there are many things on there that have nothing to do with anything Mopar.

After seeing this I even more stand by my original recommendation to avoid this and purchase the fluid from a reputable source.

Last edited: