Zone Lift Kit Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2016 Ram 1500 Hemi 5.7. I have decided I want to lift my truck using a Zone 4 inch lift. I have never lifted a truck before and I have a couple of questions that I hope some of you can help me with. I have done a good amount of research but am still falling short on being able to answer my questions. Again I am new to this so some of this may be easy answers. Thanks for the help in advance.

http://zoneoffroad.com/zone-offroad-products-2-4in-suspension-lift-kit-dodge-ram/d42_d43

1) There is a $500 option to add Heavy Duty Upper control arms. Is it worth it?

2) I want to go with a the 3 inch real coil option rather than using a rear coil spacer. How would I "lift" the front another inch to eliminate rake and let the truck sit level?

3) I see alot of posts about Bilsteins set at x number. Would adding Bilsteins to the front solve my problem to level the truck? Would Bilsteins eliminate the front strut spacer from the zone lift kit?

If it helps I have settled on running 20x10 -19 Hostile wheels on a 35x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grappler.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Buy the Zone 6” kit with 3” rear coils. The front struts use a 5/8” preload spacer along with the 5” tophat strut spacer. Just don’t install the preload spacer and leave your struts as-is for an approx 5” front lift. This will leave you a small rake and save you the $200 Bilstein cost and labor of disassembling the struts. Another benefit is if you ever want to go higher you can simply add Bilsteins and 5” coils at that time.

1.) you don’t need the UCAs but it’s nice to have with Bilsteins to correct the GEO.

2.) install a 6” and forget Bils or buy 4” kit and add Bils and set them at 1.4”

3.) Bilsteins will not eliminate the tophat spacer

Last edited:

quickfix27

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
5.7L HEMI
So I am in a similar boat and could use your help! Just got a 2018 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 6'4" box Big Horn and a newb at lifts/suspensions. Came factory with a 3" rake (front is at 36.5" to fender Apex, and rear is at 39.5").

After a few days of research, I'm about to pull the trigger on the Zone 4" Lift, 3" Coil Rear with Fox Adventure series Shocks; and plan to install 35s on stock rims. Based on the Ram forums, most people seem to have success with the Zone 4/3 with Bilsteins set at 1.4.

Just got back from my local shop. The guy did not recommend installing the Bilsteins up front, he thought it was unnecessary and the Zone 4 kit will come with a spacer to level it out. He also thought since its a new 2018 truck, the front struts are pretty good and why mess with something if not required. Thoughts? Should I add the Bilsteins?

I appreciate the guy trying to save me some coin, but don't mind paying the extra $200+ for the Bilsteins of they'll both improve ride, better quality than OEM and result in a better "level" paired with the Zone 4" lift.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
So I am in a similar boat and could use your help! Just got a 2018 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 6'4" box Big Horn and a newb at lifts/suspensions. Came factory with a 3" rake (front is at 36.5" to fender Apex, and rear is at 39.5").

After a few days of research, I'm about to pull the trigger on the Zone 4" Lift, 3" Coil Rear with Fox Adventure series Shocks; and plan to install 35s on stock rims. Based on the Ram forums, most people seem to have success with the Zone 4/3 with Bilsteins set at 1.4.

Just got back from my local shop. The guy did not recommend installing the Bilsteins up front, he thought it was unnecessary and the Zone 4 kit will come with a spacer to level it out. He also thought since its a new 2018 truck, the front struts are pretty good and why mess with something if not required. Thoughts? Should I add the Bilsteins?

I appreciate the guy trying to save me some coin, but don't mind paying the extra $200+ for the Bilsteins of they'll both improve ride, better quality than OEM and result in a better "level" paired with the Zone 4" lift.
Your intuition serves you well. The Billies will give you investment protection inasmuch as your ability down the road to lift the truck another inch (from 1.4 to 2.8) and match that with a 3/4 or 1" TGC rear spacer.

quickfix27

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Thanks SOCAL! I pulled the trigger today on the Zone 4/3 and Bils. Had planned on getting the Mevotech UCAs as insurance, but the shop guy actually talked me out of it since they were essentially stock replacements and he didn't think my 2018 needed them.

Notice you got Zone UCAs. I am not opposed to shelling the extra $499 if they are worth it, especially in the long run. Would new UCAs be required if I decided to lift the truck another inch later as you suggested?

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Thanks SOCAL! I pulled the trigger today on the Zone 4/3 and Bils. Had planned on getting the Mevotech UCAs as insurance, but the shop guy actually talked me out of it since they were essentially stock replacements and he didn't think my 2018 needed them.

Notice you got Zone UCAs. I am not opposed to shelling the extra $499 if they are worth it, especially in the long run. Would new UCAs be required if I decided to lift the truck another inch later as you suggested?
Definitely not required, but recommended if you max those Billies to. 2.8 due to the angle the ball joints will be at.

Also, you can take that Zone 4/3 to 6/5 will just a few parts + labor. It is not a complete swap out. That is what I did. Good luck! Post some pics!