Zone UCA question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pistol

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Along with the Eibach Pro Lift Kit I installed Zone Offroad Upper Control Arms. After putting the wheels back on I only have 3/4" between the back of the tire and the UCA. Anyone else experience clearance issues with the Zone UCAs?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
3/4” is more than enough. I had 33x11 on stock wheels and only had 1/4 of clearance. The zone ball joints are larger but that’s a huge benefit. I’m running -12 offset wheels now and have roughly 1” clearance from the tire to the uca. Never had any rubbing issues with either circumstance.

OP
OP
Pistol

Pistol

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
3/4” is more than enough. I had 33x11 on stock wheels and only had 1/4 of clearance. The zone ball joints are larger but that’s a huge benefit. I’m running -12 offset wheels now and have roughly 1” clearance from the tire to the uca. Never had any rubbing issues with either circumstance.

Thanks for the response. I'm getting it aligned tomorrow. The wheels are towed in pretty bad at the bottom. Hoping the alignment doesn't cause them to rub.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Changing the alignment won't meaningfully change the relationship between the ball joint/UCA location and the tire.

My UCA's are close enough to the tires I can't get a finger between them, but the UCA still has its paint so they're not rubbing.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
3/4” is a Grand Canyon gap compared to some I’ve seen on here ... Lol ... You’re plenty good !!! Let us know how the alignment goes ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Make sure you get a print out of the before and after alignment and post it here if you can

OP
OP
Pistol

Pistol

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
20200327_114849.jpg 20200328_181348.jpgBefore and after pics. The front has settled 1/2" since the picture was taken. Hoping it goes down abother half inch.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Looks great ... Can always throw a small urethane rear spacer in there to get a lil take back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where in Florida are you? I have a 1/2” rear spacer that just goes on top of the springs if you need.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Leveling the front without changing the rear ride height is going to lean the caster back a bit, but without seeing the position all the alignment cams are in under the truck there's not really a way for us to guess if that's truly a best effort or if the alignment tech missed an opportunity to dial it in perfect. Those numbers aren't too bad in any case, you'll have that much camber change just based on who's sitting in the truck.

OP
OP
Pistol

Pistol

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Where in Florida are you? I have a 1/2” rear spacer that just goes on top of the springs if you need.

I'm in Rockledge. I think the front has settled a little more but I haven't measured it again. I appreciate it and I'll let you know if I need it.

OP
OP
Pistol

Pistol

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So ? I thought the New UCA were suppose to bring things back to correct settings ? Is this acceptable than or is there another issue ? Confused a little here .

I think the UCA is more for the ball joint issue.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So ? I thought the New UCA were suppose to bring things back to correct settings ? Is this acceptable than or is there another issue ? Confused a little here .
Not on their own, you also need a good alignment tech.

Why have 0.3 camber in one side and 0.1 on the other ? Perhaps a trick on the tech part since the springs are new and the things are going to sag down. Tech put the spread right anyways so the tire shouldn't wear down weird.
I like my camber at 0* on both sides, or slightly neg at -0.2* on both sides for my truck and i'll ask for it.

The tech seemed to have set the caster to factory max specs, You can add more of that with the Zone UCA's if you wanted. i run mine past the stock range because i run big tires without much lift and i use that caster to push my wheels further away from the back of the wheel wells. i run mine at 5*, and i ask for it.
Sometimes some shops will think they need to put me in the factory low to mid 3* caster range, if they did my tires will rub badly, so i'll ask nicely for the truck to return to the lift and for the the alignment to get re-done. I remember one time when they had to do the job 3 times, 3rd time i wasn't very nice lol.
I can be a little **** about my alignment, and at least when comes to Firestone i do use their lifetime alignment thing.

Toe total is within range. You don't needs aftermarket ucas to put that in range.

Zone and similar UCA's will address caster and camber after lift, and in this case the job is right on the money when it comes to factory specs. again i'll ask to change a couple of things myself but also the lift is still new so i'll prob wait to ask to redo it until the suspension has cycled up and down for a while.

RamMan381

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just had my alignment done today, zone upper arms, Eibach struts with their 2.75” lift springs. Here are the results.

I also have lift coils in the back

58CFFF3E-3961-43C0-80C2-ADF361BF0458.jpeg