Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > 4th Gen : 2009 - Present > General Discussions

General Discussions

Can you trade in and pay cash

This is a discussion on Can you trade in and pay cash within the General Discussions forums, part of the 4th Gen : 2009 - Present category!
Originally Posted by yillbs No offense but that's just as ignorant. Cars are not investments lol, if you paid it ...

Like Tree12Likes

Sponsored By: All Mopar Parts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2017, 12:34 AM   #21 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2015
Engine: 5.7
Originally Posted by yillbs View Post
No offense but that's just as ignorant. Cars are not investments lol, if you paid it off in 4 'moths , you still overpaid. Why didn't you just pay cash if you had hr cash.

Your logic is having good credit gets you a negotiating rate. Why pay ANYTHING if you don't have to. Its all about preference, I'd rather be debt free and cash poor than heavy in debt and more cash.
That's why I asked if I can pay off in cash, no more payments, although my truck lost $10k in value, that hurts

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.
hemipower95 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 03:47 AM   #22 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4
Engine: 6.4 Hemi
Originally Posted by baum View Post
not these days at dealers. they want you to finance through them so they can get a kickback. most of the time when you see a "best price" online type add it includes some sort of 500-1000 finance "cash back" also.

so then cash walks?

2015 Ram 2500 CC 6.4 Hemi 4x4 4.10 rear end, Gorhino W2W steps, LED rear bumper lights, Mufflex/Magnaflow, 30% front tint, Husky mats, Bull rings, front LED aux lights, Dee-Zee tailgate assist, Audiosource LC6i processor, Kicker 350.4 amp, JBL speakers, Kicker 12 sub-300 watt amp in a custom box.
reek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:50 AM   #23 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2015 Laramie
Engine: Hemi 5.7
Originally Posted by reek View Post
so then cash walks?
at some dealers yes!
Hootbro likes this.
baum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:56 AM   #24 (permalink)

Originally Posted by reek View Post
so then cash walks?
at some dealers yes!

In MN where i am a dealer can mark up a loan 2% meaning the bank may give it to the dealer at 2% but they "sell" it to you at 4%. guess who get that extra the dealer. They offer the extra rebates for financing through them because they know they can make it up on these deals.

a year ago i got rid of my camaro (paid in full) and traded it on a chrysler 200 i only had to pay a little extra in cash and i walked out with title "in-hand" but because i didnt finance through them i didnt get an extra 500 off. which in my case it didnt bother me as i already got almost 8k off of sticker.
Hootbro likes this.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:00 AM   #25 (permalink)

Originally Posted by yillbs View Post
No offense but that's just as ignorant. Cars are not investments lol, if you paid it off in 4 'moths , you still overpaid. Why didn't you just pay cash if you had hr cash.
because i went on vacation shortly after i got the car so i was waiting until i was back. with the price i got it for the $30 i paid in interest for the 4 months i had the loan was still under what most dealers sold the car for.

When i get cars from GM, ford, Chrysler for supplier pricing, plus rebates, plus competitive lease offers i have paid 75-80%msrp for my last 5 cars. thats how i got my current laramis with a sticker of 49.9k for out the door of 35k before down payment.
mattstaub likes this.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:57 AM   #26 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2016
at some dealers yes!
Yup. See credit card company lingo. People that pay off their card(s) each month and run a zero balance are referred to as "deadbeats."

These dealerships get kickbacks for each person they get to use 'x' financing source. It's not just for Chrysler Financial. ex. They said they got a $300 kickback for loans they pushed for a small local bank.
bubbagumpshrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:45 AM   #27 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2016
yup, this baby cost me $23K cash and my '08 jeep trade-in

Money means INSTANT approval--no timeline for a dealer-

Good luck

JIMBO
WillO likes this.
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 03:37 AM   #28 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4
Engine: 6.4 Hemi
at some dealers yes!

In MN where i am a dealer can mark up a loan 2% meaning the bank may give it to the dealer at 2% but they "sell" it to you at 4%. guess who get that extra the dealer. They offer the extra rebates for financing through them because they know they can make it up on these deals.

a year ago i got rid of my camaro (paid in full) and traded it on a chrysler 200 i only had to pay a little extra in cash and i walked out with title "in-hand" but because i didnt finance through them i didnt get an extra 500 off. which in my case it didnt bother me as i already got almost 8k off of sticker.
Interesting. I've never had issues paying cash nor walking in with pre-approved financing from non-dealer source and still having the dealer falling over themselves to still sell me a car. In fact my last 6 car purchases have been through a USAA loan, which would be like walking in with (someone else's) cash. must be a regional thing where dealers don't want a sale because you don't finance with them. Not saying cash has the bargaining power it did in the 80's but I haven't seen a "take your cash and walk" attitude at a dealer yet. atleast not I California.

2015 Ram 2500 CC 6.4 Hemi 4x4 4.10 rear end, Gorhino W2W steps, LED rear bumper lights, Mufflex/Magnaflow, 30% front tint, Husky mats, Bull rings, front LED aux lights, Dee-Zee tailgate assist, Audiosource LC6i processor, Kicker 350.4 amp, JBL speakers, Kicker 12 sub-300 watt amp in a custom box.
reek is offline   Reply With Quote