2013 Ram 1500 HDD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ihnken33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So I bought my Ram 1500 Sport, and the dealership salesman kept talking about an onboard 20 gig hard disk drive installed in which to transfer music to. As of now, I have found no such hard drive, nor anything in my uconnect system that will let me add music to such a drive. I'm confused. Not that it matters, I have my 500 gig external plugged into the USB port in my center console which only has 14 gig worth of music, but it would be nice to add most of my favorites to the so called installed hard drive onboard, and be able to not have to skip through endless pop that my wife downloaded and Christmas music in September. Not that I don't enjoy that holiday, just not until about Dec 15th...

So yea, anyone know of this? I have looked through the owners manuals, searched online, and found little or no reference to it. Also did a search in the audio section and the entire forum with a couple of key words with no such luck. So I hope this helps me with my questions.

Oh, and I love the Ryu smilie, so I have to use it!
:ryu-cvs-hadoken-a:

OP
OP
I

ihnken33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Then it appears I fail at searches...

THanks for locating that.

Picton

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 - 1500 Express CC 4x2
Engine
5.7L Hemi
2013's do not have the hard drive, that was the old touchscreen radios.

Correct. I play all of my music off of a flash drive that I leave plugged in from the new center console connections. Just grab a 32gig stick, throw your music on it, and plug it in. It helps if you have your music library organized.

OP
OP
I

ihnken33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yea, I thought after doing just about everything possible, that the salesman was full of it. But, hey... my 500 gig external USB drive works like a champ. I coul dhave used a flash drive, but I already had this handy. I kind of wish I could play my movies that are on this off the hard drive. That would be cool, but a distraction on the road. Good thing I can't do that ha ha.

NavyGuy2007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I just use my iPod. I dont even have the remote CD Player option because in two years with my Charger I never put a disk in it!