Another Muffler Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
gdawg55

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed a Flowmaster 50HD (3" SI/SO) a couples of days ago and I have to admit that I'm impress. Very quiet on the highway(no drone), sound mean when you get on it, have a nice idle and cold start are not as brutal as the free flowing mufflers I had.

What I like about the 50HD is that the sound will always stay the same. My favorite muffler was the 22" Magnaflow, but it got much louder over time and started to drone (packing crapped out?).

Also noticed that I gain some torque back down low

Yep...exactly why I like it as well. So far out of the many mufflers I've had, I like the 50HD the best.

DeeZee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Feel like I owe an update here..
Hadn't spent any time on the freeway since temps here in SW Ontario were sub-zero. In my experience, temperature affects the sound quite dramatically. In warmer weather, the drone is almost non-existent with the Borla. However, the colder is it, the more sound it produces in general which results in some drone. Most noticeably below 5 degrees Celsius.

Question now, after mine was installed, i lost about an inch or two in tailpipe length due to the Borla being a smaller muffler and not using any adapters. Has anyone else experienced this and did they remedy with any specific tailpipe replacement? Looking to extend mine about an inch past the bumper but all the direct fit options are the same length as the stock tips. Just looking for the simplest and most cost effective approach.