Big Announcement 8-17-2020. Hell Cat Ram?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
If you got to RamTrucks.com they have it listed and you can build one. Base is $71790.00 and a lot of expensive packages. Probably $105,000.00 equipped out the door. That 6.2 Supercharged Hemi is impressive.

I predict a lot of used Raptors for sale

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think the retirement of the 4th gen is still going to hinge on whether they feel like ending reg cab production entirely - I know n0bOdY BUyS rEg CaBS but municipalities, comms and trades are still big buyers of reg cab trucks you don't need four seats to push a snow plow or run a railman's utility box.

But I still haven't seen a reg cab 5th gen so that's pretty likely the main justification for the ongoing 4th gen, apart from just maximizing their investment in the tooling and supply chain established for that model.

Yes exactly I don't get why every truck has to have a sedan size interior and a itty bitty bed, I know this discussion has been done to death, but damn I'd be all over that TRX with a reg cab!

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Yes exactly I don't get why every truck has to have a sedan size interior and a itty bitty bed, I know this discussion has been done to death, but damn I'd be all over that TRX with a reg cab!
Yes sir, A la those classic Lightning and SS454 trucks:waytogo:

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It sure is nice. I sure love how that’s going to knock that goofy overrated raptor down a few tiers. But seriously though, really not liking that goofy ass console shifter. But whatever, I’ll never be able to afford one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The console shifter is one of the things I really miss. While I'm not bothered by the rotary shifter in any way like some people are, I prefer a console shifter.

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Yes sir, A la those classic Lightning and SS454 trucks:waytogo:
I prefer to think about the two trucks they showcased lol.

The Lil Red Express...faster than a corvette in 78

And the SRT-10 which I believe still holds the factory truck top speed record.

I really hope all these people who say they want 2 doors and a manual start speaking with their money...because the few offerings left are not big sellers and they are going away fast.

The Rumble Bee concept is what I think will be next from RAM.

I SURE DO WISH...they would offer the REBEL and Powerwagon in a regular cab. And the TRX would be awesome too.

7 speed manual trans and a regular cab...good times.

Bowzer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Sold off the '18...maybe another soon.
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well equipped almost 100K. The 56K they talked about a few months ago was off just a little---LOL. Not a truck for the everyday guy--more for a collector or the upper 10%. Houses used to be cheaper than the cost of that truck. Makes me more appreciative of what I have.
Jay

"Not a truck for the everyday guy--more for a collector or the upper 10%."
Dead on. Definitely a Halo product for Ram right now. Maybe they'll modify the packages/offerings a bit after the hot hoopla intro units hit but for now, ain't no factory discounts or a dealer interested in anything but showing this off.
(Probably get TRX hand down features to the rest of the line-up so you can feel closer to the TRX and let the beast itself be the jewel to shoot for.)
Product Management 101

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you got to RamTrucks.com they have it listed and you can build one. Base is $71790.00 and a lot of expensive packages. Probably $105,000.00 equipped out the door. That 6.2 Supercharged Hemi is impressive.

I predict a lot of used Raptors for sale
Probably not a whole lot of them. The raptor has a much better price point than this truck they’re kind of in different price brackets at this point.

Tou won’t be getting one for less than $100k it sounds like and much higher if you go with options.

I can get a new Raptor in the 50s.

god I love this new TRX but not 50k MORE than a Raptor lol.

Bowzer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tou won’t be getting one for less than $100k it sounds like and much higher if you go with options.

That's the idea of a Halo product! Think how valuable that is to be part of that chatter as the high mark..."Yeah, I got this truck cause it's what I can do. But one day, maybe something more like that TRX (used to be Cadillac or Lexus or a Viper or <insert fave of the Era here> for cars in general). GM sold a whole lot of crap stuff by using the name "Hummer". Let's hope it doesn't go that direction.

Selling numbers of TRX are designed to be low. It's more a marketing piece than anything else. You better believe anything down the road sold as "this accessory as seen on the TRX" will be a big boost of selling anything it attaches to.
Hell, I feel more excited about my trusty 4th gen in the driveway after watching all the TRX stuff and I think the only thing in common are 3 letters starting with R. (Of course, I'm not accused being smart much, neither.)

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's the idea of a Halo product! Think how valuable that is to be part of that chatter as the high mark..."Yeah, I got this truck cause it's what I can do. But one day, maybe something more like that TRX (used to be Cadillac or Lexus or a Viper or <insert fave of the Era here> for cars in general). GM sold a whole lot of crap stuff by using the name "Hummer". Let's hope it doesn't go that direction.

Selling numbers of TRX are designed to be low. It's more a marketing piece than anything else. You better believe anything down the road sold as "this accessory as seen on the TRX" will be a big boost of selling anything it attaches to.
Hell, I feel more excited about my trusty 4th gen in the driveway after watching all the TRX stuff and I think the only thing in common are 3 letters starting with R. (Of course, I'm not accused being smart much, neither.)

LOL

Nothing in your post makes sense to my reply. I didn’t state a $100k truck would be a mass seller. Or that parts from it won’t be wanted by current 5th gen owners. Or anything about the history of the Hummer.

I only responded to the guy saying a bunch of raptors will be for sale when that may be the case for a small number but not a lot because the TRX is too expensive for most people to buy and abuse in the way it’s designed.

the truck is awesome. It’s got the engine, the suspension and great looks. But due to the price it’s not going to draw people out of Power Wagons or Raptors in any significant amount IMO.

That’s all.

brny67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My buddy from work checked the TRX pricing, starts @ 75k, the way he built the one he wanted came out to be 96k...ridiculous!

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My buddy from work checked the TRX pricing, starts @ 75k, the way he built the one he wanted came out to be 96k...ridiculous!

Yeah, if you add that special Launch package that they’re supposedly only gonna make 707 of, it goes to that number awful quick. You can still get pretty much everything that the new TRX is without that 12,000-dollar package.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Probably not a whole lot of them. The raptor has a much better price point than this truck they’re kind of in different price brackets at this point.

Man, to get an equally-equipped Raptor to the base TRX without that special Launch package, the 2020 Raptor is actually right around the starting-out price of the TRX. It ain’t no 50 grand difference- and even if you do option-out the TRX to the very maximum, it won’t even be a $50,000 difference to the cheapest Raptor, it’ll be more like $39,000 cheaper from a very bare Raptor with practically nothing extra. I don’t know where you’re gonna find a brand spanking new 2020 Raptor for 50 grand because this one pictured is pretty bare and it’s 62 grand. 926045cceee547957cbc3c0ee5129ec5.jpg

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man, to get an equally-equipped Raptor to the base TRX without that special Launch package, the 2020 Raptor is actually right around the starting-out price of the TRX. It ain’t no 50 grand difference- and even if you do option-out the TRX to the very maximum, it won’t even be a $50,000 difference to the cheapest Raptor, it’ll be more like $39,000 cheaper from a very bare Raptor with practically nothing extra. I don’t know where you’re gonna find a brand spanking new 2020 Raptor for 50 grand because this one pictured is pretty bare and it’s 62 grand. 926045cceee547957cbc3c0ee5129ec5.jpg

so maybe not $50k flat but in the 50s

And as some have said the dealers will be marking these up tens of thousands. I can bet you won’t get a TRX for a lot less that $90k. So the true cost of what I can actually get a raptor for is a lot less than any TRX will cost, Mr. Cornelius.
7586A800-08FD-4767-B781-6D213A991D27.png

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so maybe not $50k flat but in the 50s

And as some have said the dealers will be marking these up tens of thousands. I can bet you won’t get a TRX for a lot less that $90k. So the true cost of what I can actually get a raptor for is a lot less than any TRX will cost, Mr. Cornelius.
View attachment 219117

Hmm, I have no idea why that last one listed at Lawleys is so cheap. Up here in Oklahoma, a dealership right next to where I’m working has two of the same truck pretty much for 70 grand. But whatever, you found some dirt cheap.

But I don’t know, I never did price out a new Demon over on the Dodge website or a new TrackHawk on the Jeep website to see what the price difference was between the website build price and at an actual dealership where the Demon they had was 125k and the Jeep they had was just shy of 100k but on Ram’s website, you can order a TRX for about 75k so I dunno, I guess we’ll just have to wait and see I spose when these start hittin’ the lots.

Bowzer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LOL

Nothing in your post makes sense to my reply. I didn’t state a $100k truck would be a mass seller. Or that parts from it won’t be wanted by current 5th gen owners. Or anything about the history of the Hummer.

I only responded to the guy saying a bunch of raptors will be for sale when that may be the case for a small number but not a lot because the TRX is too expensive for most people to buy and abuse in the way it’s designed.

the truck is awesome. It’s got the engine, the suspension and great looks. But due to the price it’s not going to draw people out of Power Wagons or Raptors in any significant amount IMO.

That’s all.

Wasn't challenging what you had to say. Was highlighting how the the TRX is intentional on placement and price.

No harm, no foul.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
So other than that badge plate and that special color, what was so special about that Launch edition anyways to be a 12,000-dollar package?

• TRX Exterior Graphics
  • TRX Hood Graphics
  • 18″ x 9.0″ Beadlock-Capable Alum Wheels by Mopar®
  • 19 Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound
  • 4-Adjustable Cargo Tie-Down Hooks
  • Adaptive Cruise Control
  • Deployable Bed-Step
  • Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
  • Heads-Up Display
  • Lane Keep Assist
  • Leather and Carbon Flat-Bottom Steering Wheel
  • LED CHMSL Lamp
  • Pedestrian Emergency Braking
  • Pick-Up Box Lighting
  • Real Carbon Fiber Interior Accents
  • Rear- View Auto-Dimming Digital Display Mirror
  • Spray-In Bedliner
  • “TRX Launch Edition” Console Badge
  • “TRX” Red Interior Accents

stuff adds up. I had beadlocks on my Raptor and that’s 3k by itself

OKC Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think the retirement of the 4th gen is still going to hinge on whether they feel like ending reg cab production entirely - I know n0bOdY BUyS rEg CaBS but municipalities, comms and trades are still big buyers of reg cab trucks you don't need four seats to push a snow plow or run a railman's utility box.

But I still haven't seen a reg cab 5th gen so that's pretty likely the main justification for the ongoing 4th gen, apart from just maximizing their investment in the tooling and supply chain established for that model.
I love regular cabs and have owned them in last 2 Rams. I am really hopeful they will continue making them in the recent Generation Rams and will wait a few more years to purchase to see if they do. I know it is personal preference, but I feel the 4x4 Reg cab in regular or short bed is the sportiest looking truck around and since I rarely need more than 2 seats it works for me. Also much easier to park....Anyone else agree or am I the last of a dying breed??

Last edited: