Bilstein dilemma in Dallas/Ft Worth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

br8vis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I purchased my Bils on Amazon. Took the truck to 4wheelparts in Coppell, Tx. I was originally going to set the Bils at 2.1 based on feedback here, but 4wheelparts in Coppell will not install the Bils at any setting above stock without changing the UCA. I went ahead and had them change out the UCA and increase the Bils to 2.8. Glad I did as I really like the way it is sitting now.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Im terrified to know what you paid total... Especially at 4wheelparts... I've been entertaining their local shop here lately and heres a few results. Wheels: their cost is $400 more than EVERY other place. For lift: their price is $500 more than every other shop. They don't do anything extra special to obtain these prices other than their overhead cost. Their other products usually have fair pricing online, and the shops prices are negotiable.

Secondly, any shop that says you must buy new UCAs for bilstiens needs to be shut down and you should keep your truck as far away from it as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im terrified to know what you paid total... Especially at 4wheelparts... I've been entertaining their local shop here lately and heres a few results. Wheels: their cost is $400 more than EVERY other place. For lift: their price is $500 more than every other shop. They don't do anything extra special to obtain these prices other than their overhead cost. Their other products usually have fair pricing online, and the shops prices are negotiable.

Secondly, any shop that says you must buy new UCAs for bilstiens needs to be shut down and you should keep your truck as far away from it as possible.

Just like your 17's and lift, they do that to cover their ass. It's easier for them to do then get complaints and lawsuits about ball joints.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just like your 17's and lift, they do that to cover their ass. It's easier for them to do then get complaints and lawsuits about ball joints.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Yes and no. I understand that superlift puts that information out there. Its their brand, and they say all sizes are estimates and approximates. If you were to call bilstien, they would not say you need new UCAs to use their product.

This is 4wheelparts, and other shops coming up with their own ideas.

tdramman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4X4
Engine
4Wheel Parts will match any advertised price. I don't know if they will match it from an online vendor but it's worth a try.

br8vis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

It was expensive but I wanted to have everything done at once. I did get a good deal on the rims, they were 50% off on the 4WP website. The local store ordered them and had no issue with the 50% off. I did have to pay for the UCA which I think were about 150, but they didn't charge me to put them on. Most likely because there isn't too much work to get them switched out once they have the suspension out.

br8vis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
4Wheel Parts will match any advertised price. I don't know if they will match it from an online vendor but it's worth a try.

They will match online prices. I just ordered a set of Go Rhino steps. 4WP online has them for something like 650-700. RealTruck had them for 550 and 4WP matched the online price.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
They will match it, then charge tax. I would compare shipped prices.

OP
OP
TexasDiver

TexasDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Done Finally!

Well the Bils are on... Finally. What a cluster it was to get them on, very long story, decided to bite the bullet and have them installed.

Bils at 2.8 Front
1.5 TGC Spacer Rear with Bilstein 5100 shocks in rear.
Oh and Mevotech UCA
I really like the way she looks now...

After

Attachments

• MissM AFTER SM.jpg
    MissM AFTER SM.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 91
OP
OP
TexasDiver

TexasDiver

Reaction score