Carven progressive should be called Carven AGGRESSIVE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SuthrnRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hmm, interesting to hear it's too loud. I watched videos on youtube and it didn't seem to sound very loud. I'm ready to dump my FM 40s, and was considering this, would the 14" Magnaflow be a bit quieter option?

Dirtyblackhoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
lol I realize it may sounds like a crybaby thread but I'm serious this thing is ridiculously loud. I'm no stranger to loud exhausts but this is way up there.

I'll see if I can capture it on camera this weekend for you guys but as you guys know its always hard to accomplish in a recording.

Dude definitely not a cry baby thread. I literally thought the exact same thing and couldn't figure out how in the world the entire forum loved the exhaust. When I first put it on I HATED it and thought it was one of the worst mods I did. I instantly regretting having it installed...I LOVE the exhaust now. It took me a good 2-3 weeks before I got to the point that I enjoyed the exhaust and didn't notice it as much.

OP
OP
Boosted Motorsports

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dude definitely not a cry baby thread. I literally thought the exact same thing and couldn't figure out how in the world the entire forum loved the exhaust. When I first put it on I HATED it and thought it was one of the worst mods I did. I instantly regretting having it installed...I LOVE the exhaust now. It took me a good 2-3 weeks before I got to the point that I enjoyed the exhaust and didn't notice it as much.

Yeah I mean I get what you're saying. With any car with a loud exhaust I have owned you get to know where to manipulate the throttle to operate the vehicle quietly when needed (ie going past a cop, having a grandma in the car, etc) I can't seem to find any "quiet" way of operating my truck when I don't want to be in full Nascar exhaust mode. Leaving the light on a normal acceleration sounds like I'm trying to race someone. I've actually already chuckled to myself a dozen times already in the past week of having this installed watching people try to speed up or race you when they hear the truck :roflsquared:

OP
OP
Boosted Motorsports

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hmm, interesting to hear it's too loud. I watched videos on youtube and it didn't seem to sound very loud. I'm ready to dump my FM 40s, and was considering this, would the 14" Magnaflow be a bit quieter option?

Yeah your 40 is quieter than this for sure. This sounds awesome but just too much volume for my daily. I was actually about to get the 40 before I grabbed this one. Is yours a direct fit bolt on?

I think the order of direct fit bolt on noise is something like

LOUD
- Delete
- Competitor
- Progressive
- FM Outlaw/40
- Magnaflow 14"
- Magnaflow 18"
QUIET

Last edited:

berylblue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have to admit the people trying to race me because I have an exhaust is pretty hilarious. I think I will be going back to stock as soon as I get some time to crawl under the truck again. Magnaflow sounds like a good option. I've had exhausts on all my cars and trucks and this is by far the loudest. The other option is some exhaust inserts but they typically sound awful.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think my progressive could be louder. Too quiet at idle and moderate cruising to me.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure where you live but I have this muffler and in no way could I be giving a ticket for it this muffler is just not that loud.

It loud but not even close to straight pipe loud.

Yep no way you are a getting a ticket with a progressive. Unless you have really bored cops and that police force in that town needs to be trimmed down. We a muffler law and I don't even baby it around cops they won't care, they have more important things to do than worry about a stupid muffler

OP
OP
Boosted Motorsports

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep no way you are a getting a ticket with a progressive. Unless you have really bored cops and that police force in that town needs to be trimmed down. We a muffler law and I don't even baby it around cops they won't care, they have more important things to do than worry about a stupid muffler

That's just it, my truck barely sounds like it HAS a muffler... That combined with tint and living in CA = highly probable I am getting dinged.

SuthrnRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yeah your 40 is quieter than this for sure. This sounds awesome but just too much volume for my daily. I was actually about to get the 40 before I grabbed this one. Is yours a direct fit bolt on?

LOUD
- Delete
- Competitor
- Progressive
- FM Outlaw/40
- Magnaflow 14"
- Magnaflow 18"
QUIET

Ah yeah then probably gonna go with either the magnaflow 14 or 18, being daily Driver I’ve gotten to where I kinda want it quieter. It is a direct bolt on just did muffler swap to stock duals. My Vette is my weekend ride and I’ve got it sounding pretty good so I can save the louder rumble for that! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dirtyblackhoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ah yeah then probably gonna go with either the magnaflow 14 or 18, being daily Driver I’ve gotten to where I kinda want it quieter. It is a direct bolt on just did muffler swap to stock duals. My Vette is my weekend ride and I’ve got it sounding pretty good so I can save the louder rumble for that! [emoji16]

Magnaflow 18-22" if you want quiet...I have read the 14" is LOUD

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnaflow 18-22" if you want quiet...I have read the 14" is LOUD

The 14" Magnaflow isnt LOUD. Not even loud w/o caps. Lol W/ the resonators & stock tips its mellow & mild. Sounds more like a 22" Magnaflow w/o resonators(I had that exact set up on my last truck so I have actually compared the different set ups). W/o resonators the 14" starts sounding more like a 14" should. Lets the growl come out more & a tad deeper. W/ the resonators deleted & 5" Moes tips it finally sounds like a 14" Magnaflow should. Deep w/ a great tone and from 1 to 10 its about a 6 as far as being loud. Before deleting the resonators & 5" tips it could barely be heard at anything but wot. From 1 to 10 w/ stock resonators & tips it was about a 4ish. Lol BUT sound is subjective to each individual. To me on these trucks w/ stock manifolds & cats a muffler delete running out the back w/ stock resonators isnt really that loud. Scattered untamed tone but not that loud. Believe it or not those little resonators do alot for taming down the tone on these trucks. They dont look like alot but they do block some of the tone/sounds from the exhaust

Last edited:

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The 14" Magnaflow isnt LOUD. Not even loud w/o caps. Lol W/ the resonators & stock tips its mellow & mild. Sounds more like a 22" Magnaflow w/o resonators(I had that exact set up on my last truck so I have actually compared the different set ups). W/o resonators the 14" starts sounding more like a 14" should. Lets the growl come out more & a tad deeper. W/ the resonators deleted & 5" Moes tips it finally sounds like a 14" Magnaflow should. Deep w/ a great tone and from 1 to 10 its about a 6 as far as being loud. Before deleting the resonators & 5" tips it could barely be heard at anything but wot. From 1 to 10 w/ stock resonators & tips it was about a 4ish. Lol BUT sound is subjective to each individual. To me on these trucks w/ stock manifolds & cats a muffler delete running out the back w/ stock resonators isnt really that loud. Scattered untamed tone but not that loud. Believe it or not those little resonators do alot for taming down the tone on these trucks. They dont look like alot but they do block some of the tone/sounds from the exhaust

Spot on

SuthrnRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

I’ve never run magnaflow always flowmaster, currently the original 40, it’s actually not bad later in the day once it’s been warmed up but early in morning is kinda annoying leaving for work. I do still have my resonators on and stock tips. I do like to hear rumble when I’m driving it’s just in the morning going to work sometimes it can be a bit much. I wonder if the super 44 would have a deeper tone not as loud? My exhaust guy initially suggested that when I first brought my 40 series to him.

Dirtyblackhoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
currently the original 40, it’s actually not bad later in the day once it’s been warmed up but early in morning is kinda annoying leaving for work. I do like to hear rumble when I’m driving it’s just in the morning going to work sometimes it can be a bit much.

That's exactly how the Progressive is to me...when it is 40° or cooler in the morning, it can be a little too much driving to work. Once it is warmer outside, it is completely mellow and I love it.

OP
OP
Boosted Motorsports

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pulled the Carven Aggressive off yesterday. Now I can actually accelerate moderately without it sounding nascar. When I put my foot into it or floor it the K&N intake sound comes alive and I have that V8 rumble.

Going to sell the Aggressive and will probably look at the QTP electric cutout. That way I can choose when I want to be loud and not have to listen to it 24/7

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Are you sure rhey did not send you the Competitor series?

bjohnston0624

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

LOUD
- Delete
- Competitor
- Progressive
- FM Outlaw/40
- Magnaflow 14"
- Magnaflow 18"
QUIET
Im probably getting the mufflex 24

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bandit5001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man I thought I was by myself. I have been debating on putting the stock muffler back in since day 2 of having the carven installed. It sounds great just a bit loud for daily. How much can you get for a 2 month old progressive?

Dhill29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is the sound of the Carven that bad. I was looking into getting one of these setups.