Carven progressive should be called Carven AGGRESSIVE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeremy Reed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got mine today, installed it in 45 mins and now I finally get to see ho this thing is gonna sound at 5:30am when I start to warm the truck up lol. Can’t upload the first start up vid (15 seconds) says it’s too big. I’ll try again later

Jeremy Reed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well it’s been a couple days and a 3 hour trip to NYC, Lincoln Tunnel was AWESOME, and I believe I have officially found the solution to all this debate. First off, you have to make Hair Nation on SiriusXM Radio your #1 preset. Doing this and keeping your volume at a minimum of 15 will keep you as happy as you could possibly be. Now I will say that the transition from running on 4 back to 8 is always gonna be the biggest downfall but hey warranties aren’t forever and tuners come cheap lol. Gotta make a video the next time I go through that tunnel, yeah it was that good. And bombing those streets lined with all that steel, concrete and glass at 5:30am was pretty cool too.

RamUAllNite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well it’s been a couple days and a 3 hour trip to NYC, Lincoln Tunnel was AWESOME, and I believe I have officially found the solution to all this debate. First off, you have to make Hair Nation on SiriusXM Radio your #1 preset. Doing this and keeping your volume at a minimum of 15 will keep you as happy as you could possibly be. Now I will say that the transition from running on 4 back to 8 is always gonna be the biggest downfall but hey warranties aren’t forever and tuners come cheap lol. Gotta make a video the next time I go through that tunnel, yeah it was that good. And bombing those streets lined with all that steel, concrete and glass at 5:30am was pretty cool too.
If you have the 8 speed with rotary, when you put it in drive use the buttons on the steering wheel to shift down once and then up to 8. This shuts the cylinder deactivation crap off. I do that every time i put it in drive and don't have that bad 4 cylinder to 8 cylinder transition others complain about. There's a video a guy posted on youtube of this if you aren't sure of my description not sure if I explained it right..

Jeremy Reed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have the 8 speed with rotary, when you put it in drive use the buttons on the steering wheel to shift down once and then up to 8. This shuts the cylinder deactivation crap off. I do that every time i put it in drive and don't have that bad 4 cylinder to 8 cylinder transition others complain about. There's a video a guy posted on youtube of this if you aren't sure of my description not sure if I explained it right..

Good idea, I was thinking about that today but didn’t know if it would cause any issues. I doubt it would other than mpg’s but who needs 21/gallon when you gotta feed that Hemi lmao

RamUAllNite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good idea, I was thinking about that today but didn’t know if it would cause any issues. I doubt it would other than mpg’s but who needs 21/gallon when you gotta feed that Hemi lmao
I don't believe it does but I'm not a mechanic so don't quote me on that. Maybe another member will chime in.. The first few months I had the Ram I did not know about this. I've been using this method for the last 3 or so and haven't noticed a difference in my MPG at all. The only time I noticed a little drop was when I added the A/T tires... And no issues at all so far with the powertrain.. still running smooth.