Deciding on an Muffler (canada)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thisgr8ride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I do go to Edmonton often, I'm in Red Deer . If you want to hear how the carven sounds in person i'm sure i can make a point to meet up with you, if your still having a hard time deciding. :happy107:

keith.C.2313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
e7372f3e7e33dfd85ee1a391d896335a.jpg

My install stuff for this morning

Plus catch can

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
Notice a lot of gain out of the performance mods? Thinking of going with almost exact same setup.

thisgr8ride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
i feel the truck is more responsive but to be honest I could not tell you if it has more HP or TQ,( i'm sure it has some) but i can tell you it 100% more fun to drive now. Sounds great, runs great, looks great . I highly recommend you do it. You wont be disappointed. all Simple installs as well.

I didn't do it race mustangs ect.... I did it for me and to enjoy driving it , if that makes sence.

Last edited:

keith.C.2313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
i feel the truck is more responsive but to be honest I could not tell you if it has more HP or TQ,( i'm sure it has some) but i can tell you it 100% more fun to drive now. Sounds great, runs great, looks great . I highly recommend you do it. You wont be disappointed. all Simple installs as well.

I didn't do it race mustangs ect.... I did it for me and to enjoy driving it , if that makes sence.
I know exactly what you mean. So you like the sound of the progressive? No drone? Sorry to ask so many questions just trying to get all the opinions I can on this stuff before I spend $$$$ on my truck.

thisgr8ride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
No such thing as to many questions LOL....
I love it. As i said it its perfect for me. No drone on HWY ( sounds like stock ) start up will make you smile, tromping on it will be a blast, and if you want to cruise down your neighborhood no one will ever know you where there ......Unless of course you breath on the go pedal ,,,, they will know you where by their house lol

Only down fall.... MDS... you can definitely tell the difference when its in MDS over the stock. But seems to be with all systems . But doesn't bother me one bit but just a heads up.

2012Lamarie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
hey everyone,

so im deciding on a muffler to use for my 2017 ram. love the carven setup with the black tips but its about 800$ shipped to canada once you factor in customs/ exchange rate. i can install myself without a problem but compared to others ive seen, 800$ without install seems like a very steep price. i like the drop-in/ no-weld style like the carven.

so this post is for the canadians to see what theyve used and what their setups cost them. pictures and links would also be appreciated.

if anyone has any insight on cheaper shipping from the states that would also be greatly appreciated.:naughty:

I just got the MagnaFlow 12288 Exhaust Muffler only. It was about 95 bucks. I looked at a lot of online reviews and watched a ton of videos so I could here it. I liked the sound. Installing it tomorrow.

OP
OP
spencer1122

spencer1122

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I do go to Edmonton often, I'm in Red Deer . If you want to hear how the carven sounds in person i'm sure i can make a point to meet up with you, if your still having a hard time deciding. :happy107:

that would be sweet! still relatively new to this forum but ill find a way to send you a message or friend request! saw your post on the responsiveness with the carven, another plus for me haha. have you noticed any change in fuel consumption?

I just got the MagnaFlow 12288 Exhaust Muffler only. It was about 95 bucks. I looked at a lot of online reviews and watched a ton of videos so I could here it. I liked the sound. Installing it tomorrow.

let me know how it goes for you! videos would be great :naughty: i listened to videos and didnt find it be that much more aggressive.

G3SRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
running the carven progressive; you will get lots of drone in the 1500-1900rpms, which is where you spend 80% of the time, and in Hwy, if you have the 3.21 gears on an 8 speed. My solution has been to downshift to 7th gear to raise the rpms to 2k and avoid the drone.

keith.C.2313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
running the carven progressive; you will get lots of drone in the 1500-1900rpms, which is where you spend 80% of the time, and in Hwy, if you have the 3.21 gears on an 8 speed. My solution has been to downshift to 7th gear to raise the rpms to 2k and avoid the drone.
So you don't like the Carven because of the drone? I have 3.92 gears with the 8 speed would that change anything? I really like the sound of this exhaust but I hate drone. Had bad drone in a old Chevy I had and it drove me crazy.

2012Lamarie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
that would be sweet! still relatively new to this forum but ill find a way to send you a message or friend request! saw your post on the responsiveness with the carven, another plus for me haha. have you noticed any change in fuel consumption?

let me know how it goes for you! videos would be great :naughty: i listened to videos and didnt find it be that much more aggressive.

I got it done Friday. I like it a lot. It is a lot more aggressive than stock, at least in my mind. lol

G3SRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So you don't like the Carven because of the drone? I have 3.92 gears with the 8 speed would that change anything? I really like the sound of this exhaust but I hate drone. Had bad drone in a old Chevy I had and it drove me crazy.

not to the extend that i dont like it; but the drone does get annoying in long hwy trips; i believe the 3.92 gears would have you running at about 2k rpms at the same avg speed, so you might just make it to that sweet spot.

im keeping my system, just adding an extra resonator to hopefully address the issue.