Good brand of wheel bearing.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ha ha ...yer safe with me. Wonderful place to visit ..and I'm sure to live). The cold up here keeps a lot of the vermin away (not enough though). I don't blame you long-time FL guys for getting twitchy:

View attachment 520689
Well I haven't been here since 1830...but since about '73 area(just a little lad I was)...your chart seems seems about right...1970s area says around 5mill...that would be nice nowadays...its closer to 22mill.now...just horrible....lucky I got a little piece out in the country to where someone can't live 10 feet off each side...that would drive me bonkers!....hate to really live around that in say atlanta,NYC...anywhere in cali...where I came from all those years ago...never been back since.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My wife's Ram is a rusted pile and I know what it's like to deal with rusted on components now...we bought her 2014 9 months or so ago when we moved from Colorado to Kentucky - Colorado got way too expensive and crowded and we didn't like how far one way politically it was leaning lol. Day before we moved she needed a new to us vehicle, so we went to looking hard. 1 Ford F150 crapped it's Turbopants out as we were driving it, one had an engine knock on start before we could even drive it, and the other one wouldn't even start. Moved over to ol' reliable Mopar! She test drove her 2014 Ram 1500 and loved the Pentastar, I saw some rust under it, but what I saw was salt rust on the parts, and some surface on the frame I could take care of. Fast Forward - in the rush to move, 3 weeks later we get to Kentucky after packing up and moving in, and I notice rocker panel rust - said SON OF A how did I miss that... Not even the best part. We never use our parking brakes, never needed to - well one of our friends borrowed it with us, and used the parking brakes....next day wife had an awful squeeling in the rear driver side. Thought it was a rock stuck in the dust shield riding the rotor, took tire off, could replicate but no rock! Removed caliper (which some @$$hat put a crapload of loctite on the bolts and had to break out the big boy toys to get it) - knock off the rotor and found the parking brake assembly was falling to pieces, and ground off some of the ABS tone ring teeth. Also noticed how much rust was actually on the axle and parts down there. I'm so angry they even sold that - no one to blame myself in theory for not pushing the 1 year newer hemi that had zero rust with her, she was just trying to keep our payments low- she also wanted a black v6 one to boot not a silver leather loaded hemi. Mechanically it's a really solid and runs really nice (knock on wood) - but I told her I'm removing the parking brake, I am not sinking anymore money into it until I decide how far we want to go - either I have to start knocking out parts on it, or we ride it until we can dump it on a trade :(. Typical scenario of I ran a KBB and found we owe more than it's worth of course after only 10 payments so far lol.

Even better, when I installed her remote start, I pulled the dash panel off, and someone had one on prior, and just ripped it out and put some cheap wire crimps in there to splice the wires back together, but the crimps just fell out as soon as the trim piece came off, exposing the wires. I said what the hell do I have to do to get a decent vehicle around here...I mean if you install a remote start you send it WITH the vehicle - if that's a make it or break it piece at $75 for someone, they probably shouldn't be financing a newer vehicle lol. That was a fire hazard waiting to happen.

In all - she's happy that dad taught me to a fairly competent DIY individual. I'm good at figuring stuff out - but can't really help others much without laying hands on it and running through my own scenarios lol. But I am always happy to try to help someone out. I can competently replace an entire axle assembly - the problem is I shouldn't have to on something recently bought lol :) I can paint over a rocker panel surface rust issue, who cares - but I'm worried once I lightly sand it to give it a quick coat of how deep it may actually go now. It's no wonder people are hating cars and pushing trades every 3 and 5 years to find something new to stay ahead of potential repair curves. lol.
You Sir are a breath of fresh air here, Welcome to the Ram Forum, I live in the Rust belt and dealing with it most of my life, I'm a believer in fluid film for rust proofing and have it checked yearly, I lived in Colorado for 5yrs from 1999-2004 they were using sand a gravel when we got there to them using Mag Chloride because of the black ice on I-25 south and all and around Denver and the Eisenhauer Tunnel, that spray Mag Chloride was so corrosive it was attacking the hi tension lines insulators, so I see you bought a truck from there that explained the rust.

09SilverRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you're up North, or even in the South with a stubborn hub, two words....'hub shocker'. Stupid simple, buy one on Amazon for under $100. Replace the junk nuts they give you with good stuff from the hardware or farm store. I bought one after my buddy brought one over to remove the rear hubs from my Ford Flex (aluminum knuckles, steel hubs, total corrosion). Before I had a chance to use mine, my neighbor was outside wailing away on the front hub of his 2005 Ram 3500, axle shaft U-joint was gone. He had spent two days trying to get the hub loose, once I gave him the hub shocker three hits from a three pound hammer and it was off. A few days later he carried over a brand new one in the Amazon box, and told me he was keeping my original since he'd scratched the paint on it. One of those things that once you have it, you think " wish I would have found this years ago!"
I thought everyone was just wedging a socket extension behind the hub then using the steering to push the hub out. That may only work on 2WD.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
..I thought everyone was just wedging a socket extension behind the hub then using the steering to push the hub out. That may only work on 2WD.

Great way to enhance your vehicle's steering geometry!

1979PowerWagon360

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 TRX
Engine
I agree with Timken. If not OEM Mopar. My experience is with Charger Pursuits. The OEM's last 100,000 or so with them and the replacements with either OEM or Timken have served well.

Phillirdwn

Reaction score
Ram Year
I've had good experiences with this Bearing MFG wheel bearings. Their quality control generally ensures better reliability compared to some cheaper alternatives.

Last edited:

fitz011

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Timken one of few still made in USA, or NTN from Japan.

SKF and Torrington have been outsourcing. Moog especially.
timkin has admitted years ago they have several plants in China. So, where are Timken wheel bearings made? The Timken wheel bearings are now made in the U.S.A, China, and many other countries in the world. In this article we discuss Timken wheel bearings in detail. So, keep on reading the article for more information.

stenerson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 VVT
I always go with Timken. I've gotten them made in USA and Korea. On my previous 3rd gen Ram and my present one they've regularly lasted 125K miles like clockwork.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank