How easy is it to steal these trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
I know it's old but I still use the Club, $15 dollars from auto zone. Not bullet proof but gives the thief one more thing to consider when he's looking for something to steal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 76

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sometimes it's a matter of elimination, is your truck easier to steal than the car/truck parked next to you? Same way with parts/tires /wheels--if we are parked next to each other and I got wheel locks and you don't whose wheels and tires do you think they will take?
Jay

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Sounds like a repo man in a chally he repoed earlier & was looking into repossessing your truck.That's just from my prior collection agent experience.But if the insurance & notes are up to date that would most likely rule that out.

danam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Dodge Ram 4WD SLT Quad Cab
Engine
4.7l
In my hood I leave the doors open (I got heavy storm doors) garage open (nobody messes with my charger or my truck), and I have my German Shepard.

I am more worried about racoons and skunks coming in the garage and getting close to the truck. I guess I am fortunate

Well in this thread I was going on about how safe my neighborhood is and the only thing I needed to worry about was over privilege kids being bored and egging my charger or ram if not in the garage.

Got a knock from the neighbors this morning and they had a serious look on their faces. Somebody hit my beater. Too bad, I was thinking of garaging the ram so no salt gets on her this winter but, now I have to drive her. My charger would not go in the snow and ice even if I pushed it, LOL. The ram was intended to be a beater upgrade mod for the charger anyways. So, 3rd car is now totaled and next one up is the Ram.

Looks like the trail of radiator fluid and transmission fluid leads to recently paved streets around the corner so the police lost the trail.

I wondered why my German Shepard got out of bed around 3:30 AM. She did not come back to bed until like 4:30. Never thought to get up with her, thought she was getting up to sneak the cats food.

Anyways, Ram gets parked in driveway or garage no matter what going forward. Just about had a heart attack when the neighbors told make my truck was busted up, looked at the ram immediately and they said no, the one parked on the street. ****** me off, all these landscaper workers around here with no citizenship, licences, yet alone auto insurance, cleaning out the local carryout everyday of beer and cheap booze. Freaking low life alcoholics, wanting 40 / 50 bucks and hour to cut trim hedges and sling mulch. LOL, GTF out of here and get your green card and stop leaching.

Anyways, no more bragging about how safe Dublin Ohio is. **** happens. Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• IMAG0072.jpg
    IMAG0072.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMAG0073.jpg
    IMAG0073.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 74

KarL45

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express quad cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 MDS
Think I would conceal a heavy gauge extension cord with a bare ended lead wire. One end to a good ground and the other to an bare metal surface. Let them grab that once and suspect your problem will be over. Just park well away from the public right of way so un suspecting kids or innocent people won't readily touch it. Doubt it would kill and if worried, use a GFI outlet that will readily disconnect. Me, I wouldn't be so kind. Today, even if caught, probably they would get probation only and then be right back out doing what they were caught at. OR an electric fence controller. Same thing as getting shocked from an automotive coil and definitely won't kill, just detour.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Think I would conceal a heavy gauge extension cord with a bare ended lead wire. One end to a good ground and the other to an bare metal surface. Let them grab that once and suspect your problem will be over. Just park well away from the public right of way so un suspecting kids or innocent people won't readily touch it. Doubt it would kill and if worried, use a GFI outlet that will readily disconnect. Me, I wouldn't be so kind. Today, even if caught, probably they would get probation only and then be right back out doing what they were caught at. OR an electric fence controller. Same thing as getting shocked from an automotive coil and definitely won't kill, just detour.

You left out the advise to get extra home owners insurance coverage and having a lawyer on retainer when the perp or the perps family sues you for having an illegal "boobie trap" and causing either physical harm or possibly even death and manslaughter charges.

It is one thing to catch someone in the "act" and to defend ones property, it is another to lay traps that indiscriminately can harm anyone whether they are a perp or not.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
danam how the heck did you not hear that? That looks like a good hit! Was there paint transfer? Maybe that will help in getting the drunken **** head that did that

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
danam how the heck did you not hear that? That looks like a good hit! Was there paint transfer? Maybe that will help in getting the drunken **** head that did that
Paint transfer? They probably transferred parts!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
lol... there has to be color on his fender from that hit.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
6 screws removes the ignition

wonder if it would set off the alarm

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dam you guys got that horrible white crap ready. I believe they are very easy to steal. The thiefs have gizmos now that they plug into the obd2 and reprogram the truck to a different key. Takes a few seconds and the truck is gone. Best deterrent to a thief is a nice 12 gauge.

Seriously that sucks hope, some does catch them in the act. And hopefully that someone is Samuel colt or one of his buddies.
Here is a recount of what happened to me YEARS ago when someone cased my 1969 Mustang Mach 1. It was Red with Blacked out mirrors, and had the wide matte black dorsal decal. It sported the 351W high compression engine and was stupid fast, and loud!
One night in the wee hours of the morning, my dog went ape-****. There was a car with several guys creeping down the street and casing my prized car. I saw them as I looked out the window, got my 12 gauge, went out and parked it in the front lawn up close to the house where the porch light afforded better light, and sat on the hood (I was a featherweight then LOL!) with that gun across my lap. each time they crept past my house, I gave them the evil eye and slightly raised that shotgun to enhance how serious I was about protecting my property.

2 more trips around the block was all they needed to figure out that the risk outweighed the consequences. They never cased my car again, but, I took precautions that spring when we as a family went on a week long trip in the family
Pontiac Catalina. My neighbor down the street was generous enough to allow me to park my prized car in his garage during that VayCay.

Try the club, disconnect the battery, jack up the truck and put it on stands... Do something to show potential thieves that you are diligent. These guys are lazy and looking for the easy, quick buck, otherwise, they'd have day jobs like us honest folk. They generally will see your thwarting efforts and look elsewhere for an easier mark. Good luck!

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't know how hard it is for them to steal it. The factory alarm is a joke. All I know is they can steal mine as long as it doesn't come ba

Canadian Law.

Self-defence against unprovoked assault

34. (1) Every one who is unlawfully assaulted without having provoked the assault is justified in repelling force by force if the force he uses is not intended to cause death or grievous bodily harm and is no more than is necessary to enable him to defend himself.

Extent of justification

(2) Every one who is unlawfully assaulted and who causes death or grievous bodily harm in repelling the assault is justified if
(a) he causes it under reasonable apprehension of death or grievous bodily harm from the violence with which the assault was originally made or with which the assailant pursues his purposes; and
(b) he believes, on reasonable grounds, that he cannot otherwise preserve himself from death or grievous bodily harm.

Self-defence in case of aggression

35. Every one who has without justification assaulted another but did not commence the assault with intent to cause death or grievous bodily harm, or has without justification provoked an assault on himself by another, may justify the use of force subsequent to the assault if
(a) he uses the force
(i) under reasonable apprehension of death or grievous bodily harm from the violence of the person whom he has assaulted or provoked, and
(ii) in the belief, on reasonable grounds, that it is necessary in order to preserve himself from death or grievous bodily harm;
(b) he did not, at any time before the necessity of preserving himself from death or grievous bodily harm arose, endeavour to cause death or grievous bodily harm; and
(c) he declined further conflict and quitted or retreated from it as far as it was feasible to do so before the necessity of preserving himself from death or grievous bodily harm arose.

Provocation

36. Provocation includes, for the purposes of sections 34 and 35, provocation by blows, words or gestures.

Preventing assault

37. (1) Every one is justified in using force to defend himself or any one under his protection from assault, if he uses no more force than is necessary to prevent the assault or the repetition of it.

Extent of justification

(2) Nothing in this section shall be deemed to justify the wilful infliction of any hurt or mischief that is excessive, having regard to the nature of the assault that the force used was intended to prevent.
If no one else knows about it, don't call the cops. Bunch of grief.