Interested in the 6.4, which years?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
I own both a 6.0 Chevrolet with 4.10s and a 6.4 with 3.73s, the mopar will out perform the Chevrolet with more weight any day or the week. Is the 6.0 a good engine? He'll yeah but sometimes Internet commandos need to tuck their tail and run. Why don't you just go to a chev forum and talk **** about the 6.4, I'm sure you will become a Internet God in no time.

I understand what your saying but that's contrary to the facts. I agree sometimes internet commandos need to tuck their tail and run, fact is no one can provide any info stating the 6.4 is as you describe. The only thing we have seen is the performance and ram confirm it's operating as designed.

2014 Ram 2500 HD: 6.4L HEMI vs. 6.0L Chevy [Ike Gauntlet HD] - The Fast Lane Truck

2014 Ram 2500 HD 6.4L HEMI and Gear Hold Feature [Ike Gauntlet Video] - The Fast Lane Truck

6.4 couldn't win on these days.

Last edited:

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
When they were working it before they commented and laughed about 1mpg instantaneous at around 4000-4500 rpm in 2nd. When the Ram settles in at 4200 in 1st they comment about the 3mpg instantaneous.

The truck was in 1st when they laughed about the 1mpg. Once the truck down shifted into 1st at 5:12 of the video, it never went back up to 2nd the rest of the test.

It is a threshold where through the programming it can tell if the truck can shift into 2nd and hold or accelerate. If the conditions aren't met and the program doesn't think it can hold 2nd it holds the engine at 4200 rpm until it can.

That is not how ECM engine mapping works. It is reactive, not proactive. There is no way the truck can tell if it can hold or accelerate if it shifts into second from first. It only knows what the sensors are telling it at that time and reacts based on an X/Y algorithm.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bisley45

Reaction score
Ram Year
NA
Engine
So, just so it's clear the the Rocky Mountains are a long a$$ way from central Arkansas where I live. When I tow heavy it will be at 500 ft above sea level with changes of 200 feet max and 60 miles to camp mostly on two lane roads, stability is number one...not some dang hill I will never see... I tow the tractor to deer camp for brush hogging shooting lanes and tomaintain trails. I need to start doing this because my pops is getting to old to do this.

I'm pretty 90% sure I'm going to pick up a 6.4 ccsb 2500 this fall and it will probably have 3.73s as 4.10s are rare as hens teeth... I feel pretty dang confident that the truck can tackle these little hills with ease.

I really have learned a bunch folks!

Can we put a bullet in this thread?

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Although I do think it is funny that you have made comments against TFL basically saying they don't know what they are doing. Yet you will hold on to their words as if it is the Bible when it coincides with what you want to be true even though it defies logic.

The only part I have repeated is what they were told by Ram as reason for the performance up Ike. If you know of another place that has contacted Ram about it and got an answer I'd be glad to read it.

I wish they would compare competitors with same loads and same trailer. I wish they would have monitored temps as well.

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
The only part I have repeated is what they were told by Ram as reason for the performance up Ike. If you know of another place that has contacted Ram about it and got an answer I'd be glad to read it.

I wish they would compare competitors with same loads and same trailer. I wish they would have monitored temps as well.

It's over, let it go

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It's over, let it go

no don't let it go! I kinda wanna see how this thread ends. You know, if it ends just like all the other threads end when all the various towing tests/reviews derail the thread and the OP gets shoved into the corner and ignored. Never to be acknowledged ever again. I starting to think there might be a slim chance Bisley45 might pick the ecoboost! :roflsquared:

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
I could have sworn the OP thanked everyone for the info and checked out like 6 or 7 pages ago..... or am I thinking of a different thread?

Last edited:

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
actually he's just a mere 5 post up above you. He's the one kindly requesting we euthanize this thread.

anyway, I'm just having some fun. these towing test thread always get so serious and heated.

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
actually he's just a mere 5 post up above you. He's the one kindly requesting we euthanize this thread.

anyway, I'm just having some fun. these towing test thread always get so serious and heated.

I know that he posted above, but his post before that 6 pages back seemed like he got info he needed and left.

Although I don't think they all get serious and heated. Well atleast not my end. It is all just debating facts, theories, and opinions to me. Nothing to get heated about. If someone is reading my posts as anger, then they are reading it wrong.

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
Wasn't her best side... That was funny, just about as funny as the 6.4 best in class claims :owned:

Last edited:

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
I go by the lug nut theory, "ye who has the most lug nuts shall win the battle" in other words. If blonde in her civic is busy texting and hits me head on, I'm pretty sure I've got alittle better chance of walking away from this. Now if mr peterbilt hit me head on, well I'm just ******

Too Too FunnY:roflsquared: