Interesting time at dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

bmxnick7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Something is missing from this story. There is no reason they would "ban you" from the dealership if you are bringing money in there.

I walked into service dept. Got keys for my truck. Walked over to show room. Started talking to my normal salesman. Told him to do an appraisal. OK grabbed reg. Then we went and checked out a diesel 1500. Went for a test drive came back. Sat down. Salesman. Got called into office. Door was closed not sure what talking about. Came back out. And gave me the trade number. Said OK. Told he nicely another dealer offered me more money. Which he understood. So he went over to talk to manager. Came back and told me I should take there offer. So I said OK. Then. I asked about the price of truck and what they can do on it. I mentioned something about hold back. And sales manager heard it. And muttered something loud enough for me to here it but I didn't catch it. So I politely said excuse me I didn't here you. So he walks out. And procreds to tell me how they are the number 1 dealer in the state. And they don't have to do anything. At this point he is talking at me loud enough for everone in dealership to hear. Then the salesman in the next cubicle peers head over the divider. And. Says WHO THE F*** ARE YOU. We don't owe you anything. Your a nobody. Till this time I was nice. I then looked at salesman with head over the and to him. To f*** him self. Then the sales manager. Says no you f*** your self. The owner wanted me to through you out when you walked in. Not sure why or if it was true owner wasn't there. Have never caused an. Issue ever. Even when service spilled oil all over under truck. Cleaned it my self at home . then he tells me they are going to call cops on me. And that my truck is a pos. And there is all kinds of issues with it. So I said this is how you treat customers. And he said customers like you yes. And I left.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

bmxnick7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Call Chrysler. Seriously

I called Chrysler and they called dealer. And he told them there was a disagreement over the price. Which there actually wasnt. I never even got a price.

OP
OP
B

bmxnick7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They also said because they banned me in the computer already there is nothing they can Do. So basicly sounds to me like they can do what ever they want. And who cares about the customer. But I will no longer take business there or reccomend them to anyone. The DM is getting a copy of the complaint so we will see if that does anything

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Huh. Well, since they don't have any more of your money all you can do is let Chrysler know about it (which you did) and just not refer anyone there anymore.

Just spread this like **** in a pasture. :imo:

OP
OP
B

bmxnick7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In case any one wants to know which truck I have is a 2013 2500 ctd.

saintsreturn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn
Engine
EcoDiesel
Odd. Whole thing is ls odd. That socks but luckily there are other dealers. I won't say mine is the best but they would never do that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

dedogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
wow.....you are a better person than I sir. If I were you I might have been sending the post from county.

Good on you. And f them.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm saying is call Chrysler because you can be a complete **** because you are the customer, but they can't be a **** to you, say that their products stink, and they can't curse at a customer for any reason. Its called being a professional. You can do anything you want until you either threaten or cause bottlely harm to anybody. Only time you say f-you was after they treated you like crap.

Angel

"worrying about MPG in a truck is like looking at a Prius tow rating"

OP
OP
B

bmxnick7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Basicly. If ever did that to one of my customers. I would no longer be employed. Whether it was them who started it or not. The customer certainly wouldn't have been banned from our services. I do HVAC so someone is always mad at me when I'm just trying to fix there a/c on 100 degree day or fix there heat on 10degree day. But I always maintained professionalism

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm not a car salesman but as a pga professional if I said that to a customer I'd get the boot right then. I'd call and make a ton of complaints and write every negative review I could towards them.

The Unabomber

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 R/T
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They can't "ban" you. It violates their dealer agreement. They can't refuse to do warranty work on your vehicle etc.

I'd suggest sending a buddy in to speak to the same sales person about the same truck. Ask about the hold back and watch him flip out again. This time record it and send it to the local BBB and news stations.

I'd cost them so much business they'd need customers like you again.

Sladerade

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Note to self, record any altercation with an iPhone or other phone! Hopefully you can get some justices out of this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
*WOW, just WOW.

Then there's the spelling in this thread. :winner_third_h4h:

Sorry you got treated like crap, sadly it happens and it isn't just specific to a Mopar Dealership, I've seen it with Toyota and GM also. Let us know how it plays out and if you get things changed.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
They can't "ban" you. It violates their dealer agreement. They can't refuse to do warranty work on your vehicle etc.

I'd suggest sending a buddy in to speak to the same sales person about the same truck. Ask about the hold back and watch him flip out again. This time record it and send it to the local BBB and news stations.

I'd cost them so much business they'd need customers like you again.

This, you then have proof to show Chrysler and there is no way the dealer can dispute it.

SIhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You should be all over the internet bashing this dealership. Facebook,tweeter,yelp etc. that will get there attention.

AirborneSilva

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to hear about your incident, I used to sell cars back in the late 80's early 90's and quit a job at Toyota because of the way they expected us to treat customers, we couldn't swear or yell at them but lies were an everyday occurrence, we as salesman got treated like crap too...

When I bought my current Ram I had my own financing and told them that. Well the finance guy was pretty rude about me not wanting theirs (yes I am aware that they get a percentage of the money when they get financing), so I complained to the general manager - long story short (yeah I know too late), they fired finance dude for being a rude idiot!

I would/have and will recommend that dealership anytime!

OP
OP
B

bmxnick7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have put 2 calls into the story owner. And was ignored both times. (I am personally friends with the secretary there.). And I have not recieved a call back. Which I doubt I will.

AirborneSilva

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have put 2 calls into the story owner. And was ignored both times. (I am personally friends with the secretary there.). And I have not recieved a call back. Which I doubt I will.

yeah it's time to just move on but certainly don't miss a chance to tell perspective buyers what ass hats they are!

dsent

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab Laramie
Engine
6.7 cummins diesel
temporary spray paint for cars is your friend!!!!

Sorry to hear about your dealer problems.

I too have had my run ins with crappy people at ****** dealerships with several Mfg's and this includes Mfg's area reps.

Enter Temp paint and your imagination as to what message you care to send to the dealer.

YOU MUST BE CARE FULL not to SLANDER the dealer and get your self in trouble!!!!

One Of my encounters.

The one and only GM I ever bought new was a lemon because of fine metal grinding shavings embedded in the paint on the entire car.

This just after lemon laws were new here in SC in 1991.

After going round and round for 3 months they agreed to repaint the entire car and give me lifetime that owned the car warranty on the paint.

Then I thought about when I go to trade or sell it some would say the car was wrecked because it was repainted(this was before car FAX,not that they are any good now a days).

I could not get them to replace it,so I hired lemon law attorney and won.

I drove and abused that car for 3 years and only paid a total of less than $300.00 for the 3 years and then walked into the dealership and an said here is your POS stick where the sun don't shine to the dealer owner..

The car still had the temporary paint sign I painted on it that said " I bought this gm junk at (dealer name)

So after 3 years my attorney was holding all my payments that should have gone to GM in escrow and gave me a check for 27K which I paid cash for my new 93 3.5L dodge intrepid.

Last edited: