jet chips??? how are they?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
How tha he'll is jet still in business.....you figure word would get around about how bad they suck? I can port and polish pretty well, I think I'll do that a little to my throttle body, upgrade cap rotor plugs wires and coil to something better than the cheap stuff that's on there, and a high flow filter, no not a hot air intake lol. New o2 sensors as well, all this will probably help quite a bit.

Nope far to many suckers.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Update: I found a place that will reprogram my computer with the new transmission type in it for $180. They check all the solder joints and 're do it all, then ship it back. I might try that if my computer doesn't recognize tranny on the test drive

What company is offering that service? Be careful computer exchange has a real bad rep.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Btw I know people that hold trade certifications that don't know jack all about their trade other than what they read outta a ******* book. A piece of ******* paper says you know wtf you are doing but it sure as **** don't mean u do. Not one tech knows it all!

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Btw I know people that hold trade certifications that don't know jack all about their trade other than what they read outta a ******* book. A piece of ******* paper says you know wtf you are doing but it sure as **** don't mean u do. Not one tech knows it all!

This couldn't be more true. I'm a perfect example of it.

I hold an ICAR certification for welding. It was a requirement to graduate my trade school for collision repair. Truth is, I'm not a master welder by any means. Can I weld? Yes. Do I know enough about welding to get a job done? Yes. Does it look professional? Hell no.

I can get good penetration. I can make everything I build strong enough to hold up great, but my welds don't look professional at all. I'm what welders call a grinder. I have to grind my stuff to make it look halfway decent.

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I agree that a piece of paper does not mean you know what you are doing. But it at least shows you are not an idiot. If you meet someone that claims to be a mechanic and can't pass ASE tests, they likely don't have a clue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I agree that a piece of paper does not mean you know what you are doing. But it at least shows you are not an idiot. If you meet someone that claims to be a mechanic and can't pass ASE tests, they likely don't have a clue.

Im a mechanic and prob couldn't pass an ase test :D but jets and cars are pretty different so yeah lol

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum

And they'll likely try and argue with you when you have facts. :roflsquared:

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
This couldn't be more true. I'm a perfect example of it.

I hold an ICAR certification for welding. It was a requirement to graduate my trade school for collision repair. Truth is, I'm not a master welder by any means. Can I weld? Yes. Do I know enough about welding to get a job done? Yes. Does it look professional? Hell no.

I can get good penetration. I can make everything I build strong enough to hold up great, but my welds don't look professional at all. I'm what welders call a grinder. I have to grind my stuff to make it look halfway decent.

hehe he said penetration

OP
OP
Khoover1988

Khoover1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 1500
Engine
Little engine that can (3.9) lol
giggidy giggidy!! :waytogo: