might not see me much for a while on the forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
My welding shop I work at just closed the doors.

off looking

see ya guys

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bad deal. Good luck with your search and wishing the best for you and yours.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
thanks guys. nothing like having a 17 month old and no job. glad the wife is still working at least.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That sucks, man. There's a lot of manufacturing shops shutting down recently. In my area, there were a dozen or so that closed their doors in the last month or so.

I feel ya, though. I got laid off 2 weeks before my son was born. Took me 3 months to find a job. The bright side... I spent the first 3 months at home with our son. It'll work out for you. I know it's hard to see right now, but it will. Hang in there. File for that unemployment check quick, so you can start getting some money coming in.

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welding is a highly sought after skill set in the oilfield. If you are up for rotational work North Dakota might be a good spot. It's 4 weeks on 2 weeks off for a lot of companies. I know delta leasing construction was picking up for some iron work there.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welding is a highly sought after skill set in the oilfield. If you are up for rotational work North Dakota might be a good spot. It's 4 weeks on 2 weeks off for a lot of companies. I know delta leasing construction was picking up for some iron work there.

ND isnt as booming as it was a few years ago. ever since the cost of oil came down it almost made ND a ghost town.

good luck to the OP. on a side note you should be on here even more now that you have all the time :)

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Good Luck U&A! I have always been a believer of both working! Keep that head up and stay positive good things happen to folks who deserve it.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. As a life-long small businessman, I can attest to the fact that the so-called economy is the pits. Good luck to you and hope you find something pretty quickly.

Last edited:
Reactions: U&A

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
Sorry to hear that. Times are tough right now and hopefully you'll find work in short order.

OP
OP
U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
ND isnt as booming as it was a few years ago. ever since the cost of oil came down it almost made ND a ghost town.

good luck to the OP. on a side note you should be on here even more now that you have all the time :)

there is no such thing as spare time when you have a family and need a job.

Good Luck U&A! I have always been a believer of both working! Keep that head up and stay positive good things happen to folks who deserve it.

thank you SYN

and Id love to be a pipeline welder but I love my family time more and cant be away that long. it would break my heart.. it is always an option but not my first one.

there are a handful of local welding shops that i can go to that are doing good, I can apply for a drafter/CAD position or a welder. ill be starting the search on Monday, as I am finishing the day here. although the majority of the shop has left already.

cross your fingers but their may be a buyout of our shop in order. Ill know by Sunday night.

thanks guys :favorites13:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hang in there and good luck with the job search!

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
U&A sorry to hear dude. I was sent packing on August 12 barely a month after I bought my RAM. Fortunately I got some severance and I work in the IT field which is probably better off than most fields when it comes to jobs. I'm a month out as of this weekend and have two jobs in the final phases of interviews. Fingers crossed.

In the meantime, enjoy your family and hang in there, something will turn up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
U&A sorry to hear dude. I was sent packing on August 12 barely a month after I bought my RAM. Fortunately I got some severance and I work in the IT field which is probably better off than most fields when it comes to jobs. I'm a month out as of this weekend and have two jobs in the final phases of interviews. Fingers crossed.

In the meantime, enjoy your family and hang in there, something will turn up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish the best for ya. good luck.

im out early today, at 3:30

going to get a nice glass of whiskey. :favorites13:

Tyler Cooke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Best of luck , I know all to well what you're going through. I've been laid off 3 times here in the coalfields this year.

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A GOOD welder is still someone who can find a job in the Bakken. Drilling almost down to nothing, but still have to get the oil out of here. Terminals are still being built and pipelines laid.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Mickinohio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Welding is an art. I can melt stuff , burn holes thru things and that is about it !

Keep your head up , hug the family , and all will sort itself out.

Prayers and good thoughts to you and yours.

HuskerRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Heart and prayers are with you U&A. Good luck with the search. Fortunately, you've got a marketable skill.

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ND isn't booming but there is still plenty of work going on in the oil field. Just have to look.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990