Muffler that won’t drone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd love to hear what this sounds like. I bet it has a great tone.

I don’t know how to post videos but yes it’s a very deep rumble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The ram doesn’t have true duals. One muffler. 1 inlet 2 outlets. That’s why I got the y pipe 3 inch inlet. 2, 2.25inch outlets. The muffler itself is 16 inches long.

Thanks! Yes I know the Ram doesn't have true duels. I assumed the Y pipe in the picture was to replace the factory Y in front of the muffler. I have single exhaust all the way to the back so I was curious about your set up.

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don’t know how to post videos but yes it’s a very deep rumble.

How is the XR1 volume wise (loud, only loud when you get on it?). I have all those pieces sitting in my garage to be installed. But I moved and had a son and havnt installed them yet. That and I really like the Carven Progressive sound so have been debating which way to go... install what I have vs order the Carven and bolt it in then if I don’t like can go weld this in...

Thanks for your input

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How is the XR1 volume wise (loud, only loud when you get on it?). I have all those pieces sitting in my garage to be installed. But I moved and had a son and havnt installed them yet. That and I really like the Carven Progressive sound so have been debating which way to go... install what I have vs order the Carven and bolt it in then if I don’t like can go weld this in...

Thanks for your input

It’s pretty damn loud under acceleration. At idle and cruising speed you can hardly hear it in the cab. Definitely impressed with it being such an inexpensive setup. Don’t see any reason to spend way more on a different system. It’s borla quality and million mile warranty without the expensive price of an axel back system

DamnRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Mufflex 24 with drone suppression kit. No drone at all. And completely bolt on

Mufflex24
http://www.moes-performance.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=DOD24M

Drone pipe
https://www.mufflex-performance.com/dodge-ram-1500-2009-to-present/97-j-pipe-noise-eliminator.html

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Can you post an installed picture of the drone pipe? I’ve just installed the Mufflex 24” kit and it drones really bad at 1500 to 1800 rpms. Justdint really want to spend another $175.

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can you post an installed picture of the drone pipe? I’ve just installed the Mufflex 24” kit and it drones really bad at 1500 to 1800 rpms. Justdint really want to spend another $175.

There is no specific pipe that stopped the drone with my setup it’s just the borla muffler and the Y pipe, I will take a picture of my setup as soon as I get back to my truck. But it’s 140 for the muffler if you don’t wanna keep fighting the mufflex

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’d love to have a full corsa exhaust but can’t see spending that kinda money for sound.

Factory

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’d love to have a full corsa exhaust but can’t see spending that kinda money for sound.
$ 1000 on a 40k Plus truck is nothing to complain about , I’d hate like hell to have droan. And keep spending money and time trying to get rid of it ...

Harris342

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
The price is kinda steep but I purchased the mopar performance cat back exhaust system and have no regrets. I think the sound is just enough. It is noticeably louder than stock but not annoying.