Pennzoil Used Oil Analysis Program!

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance' started by SyN, Sep 21, 2015.

Sponsored By: Moe's Performance
  1. SyN

SyN 6.7L CTD Owner

Ram Year:
    2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
    Engine:
    6.7L CTD
    She visits BITOG regularly! I would bet she rarely if not at all here! Your best chance Burla is just keep trying through BITOG.

I know visiting the on-line forums isn't her top priority so it might take a week or 2 for a reply back.

2. Burla

Burla Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
    Engine:
    Hemi
    I PMed her on BITOG. I guess it will just take weeks, no prob. Thanks

3. Diesel358

Diesel358 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    So about a week ago I changed my oil and added the PUP from the Pennzoil challenge. I chose the 5W-30 blend and installed a WIX XP oil filter. My motor is a 2016 Ram 1500 Hemi with a total of 10,500 miles purchased new in March 2016. Before the oil change I was using Royal Purple High Performance 5W-20 and was pleased with it. I added the Royal Purple when the motor reached 1,000 miles and ran the oil for 9,500 miles. I chose Royal Purple after reading some post from other members, oil analyst, and honestly I got a great deal on 2 one gallon jugs at Walmart. I never had any issues with the Royal Purple, no Hemi tick, nothing and was a little hesitant switching to Pennzoil, but hey it's free oil so why not.

I sent my Royal Purple oil out to Blackstone for testing and just received the results yesterday. I've posted a pic of the report with this reply but if you can't see it let me know. Blackstone says I could try running it up to 11,000 miles. Like I said I was pleased with the Royal Purple but I'm anxious to see how this PUP works in my Hemi. It may be in my mind but I think the top end of my motor is a little more quiet and I've had no Hemi knock or lifter noise at start up. I've only put maybe 150 miles on the truck since changing the oil but I gotta admit that so far I like it. Good luck to the other guys in the program!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smiley and Burla like this.
  4. Burla

Burla Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
    Engine:
    Hemi
    Gena got back to me and said she is sending another kit asap. Once you send in the first UOA just PM her, I'm sure she double checks and sends you the second. I have the values on the first uoa posted in the syn thread from old oil, I will wait til I get a full run on PUP and post the two together in this or both threads.

smiley likes this.
  5. Burla

Burla Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
    Engine:
    Hemi
    Got my second kit, thanks again to Gena and Penzoil and our boy Syn. Penzoil really stepped up and payed for us to understand how high the quality is of their GtL based oils. I will post both uoa's up in syn thread when I egt the second one done, here as well.

smiley likes this.
  6. Ajwalk2008

Ajwalk2008 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I've messaged her on bitog and no reply yet to get my second kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Burla

Burla Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
    Engine:
    Hemi
    It takes a while, but she'll get it out.

8. 2robinhood

2robinhood Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2016 Ram 3500 SRW crew cab
    Engine:
    6.4l gas
    I believe it is over.
    Been 3 months, 2 separate e-mails, no replies, no oil.

9. SyN

SyN 6.7L CTD Owner

Ram Year:
    2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
    Engine:
    6.7L CTD
    From what I remember Gena telling me her team is only allowed so many kits per run.
    I think they do one give out in the summer and one in the winter. Or basically spring and fall.

Best thing to do is keep an eye out at BITOG within the passenger car/truck oil thread.

I will try to as well and announce it here as fast as a can. She wants other owners besides us (Ram Owners) to get kits as well.

She might start ignoring my request a lot more due to the fact that I told her I was probably switching back to M1 since the ultra has gone almost extinct as well as been given ridiculously high pricing!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    smiley and Burla like this.
  10. Burla

Burla Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
    Engine:
    Hemi
    You said that, Dang Synister. But I have to say the lack of availability of PUP is the most disappointing thing around the oil world imo. Let's hope they solve it, especially for the SRT guys man. It was last year when you saw all of those commercials, and I have not seen a single commercial on Penzoil Synthetics since last super bowl.