Pennzoil Used Oil Analysis Program!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Sorry man that has been closed for a while now.

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's the result after using pup for 10k km

931794e5fade0198f254db3e4d567d9a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
The Girl still has some breaking in to do. Breakin Wear Metals are about normal for that amount of low miles. I will bet between 25K-35K you will see those numbers drop considerably. PUP is a Very Robust Oil! Great Report! It held it's grade really well after 10,184 KM-->6,328 miles.

Thank You Very Much for Posting! I will post mine around the 30K mile mark. {Most of the Initial Break-in Wear Metals should be gone by this time.} Alot of this depends on your driving habits and style. That way I get a true judge of my oil combo. I though am going by the OLM system.

Do You have plans on staying with PUP? I know it sucks trying to find.
I now have quite a stock pile of the 5W-30. The wife was not impressed when I brought it all in from the garage and stored it in the closet. I wanted it all stored at room temp and not @ 90-98*F.

Once again I want to take the time to Thank Gena and the Pennzoil Team for putting this program out here. I am glad a few owners within this forum actually took the time to participate. The New {GTL} base is already showing some Outstanding UOA reports @ BITOG. I only hope Shell & Pennzoil can take this new technology to the next level.

Last edited:

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Girl still has some breaking in to do. Breakin Wear Metals are about normal for that amount of low miles. I will bet between 25K-35K you will see those numbers drop considerably. PUP is a Very Robust Oil! Great Report! It held it's grade really well after 10,184 KM-->6,328 miles.

Thank You Very Much for Posting! I will post mine around the 30K mile mark. {Most of the Initial Break-in Wear Metals should be gone by this time.} Alot of this depends on your driving habits and style. That way I get a true judge of my oil combo. I though am going by the OLM system.

Do You have plans on staying with PUP? I know it sucks trying to find.

I was getting kind of worried since some numbers went up compared to the previous analysis. Thanks for letting me know it's ok :happy107:

They sent me a 3rd kit since the 2nd one I received one of the bottle leaked and there was oil everywhere, but was still able to use the other 7 bottles :). Ill use the 3rd kit for my next oil change in 16k km. I realized after changing the oil that the interval isn't 10k but 16k (mixed up miles and km I guess). Like you said the stuff is hard to get (at least around here) so I might go with M1 5w/30 after I use the 3rd kit.

Last edited:
Reactions: SyN

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Bump for new program participants to participate. So far 5w30 PUP smooth in my rattle trap.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Go to syn thread and PM Genafishback and ask her if there are any more boxes for the Ram forum for the UOA Penzoil analysis kit. Syn AKA Synister got us this benefit. It was in the synthetic oil thread like a month ago (nearly 10 guys got in), it was our mistake not to bump this thread when we were offered, I do apologize for that. I doubt there is any at this time, but the last guy I sent (we also thought it was too late) but Bluert got in. So give it a shot, gl.

If they are out see below.

OOps, 12 pack PP shipped free 54 bucks. Dudes, that is cheaper then the costco deal shipped to your door. Didn't get in on the free oil, well dang this is pretty close PP just over 4 bucks a qrt blowout sale, 0w20.

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I do apologize as well! I will attempt to monitor this program within BITOG. When Gena announces the program is active again I will resurrect this thread.

But then You have to do the rest by creating an account within bobistheoilguy.com @ sending her a PM requesting in a informative message with Your details. (GenaFishbeck)

What oil/Viscosity you are using now & you would like to be considered for this program.

Once your first kit has arrived and used & close to sample time message her again and she will send you your second kit.

Once again please be patient with her replies. She has many other tasks to handle.

This program is only available for a short time. She only has a limited # of kits each time to send out.

I would much rather us Ram owners have first dibs on these kits rather then the actual BITOG members! :naughty:

I will ask her if she will visit this thread and post the kit info the next time the Pennzoil Team offers it. No Promises!

Last edited:

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well, I just sent Ms. Fishbeck a request. I'll let you guys know what she says.

justins90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmmm I bought my truck with 27k miles, and there is no sticker on the windshield about when the last oil change was done. I would have tried Pennzoil for free I guess. I've always been a mobil 1 fanboy, but I'm considering swapping to amsoil since they are apparently putting out an amazing product right now.

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I sent Gena personal message a day ago asking her to please do me a favor.

I asked her if she would visit this thread the next time her team offers this program and announce to all those who want to try Pennzoil ultra platinum & for those interested to private message her.

I'm not making any promises.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Hi Lonnie -

We're just about full for the 2016 program but will certainly reach out if/when the program renews in 2017.

As we're sure you can understand, we're looking for a wide array of vehicles for the program, not just RAM vehicles which is why we haven't made a formal announcement in the past.

Best,
The Pennzoil Team

This was the reply back that I received.

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Makes sense that they want a variety of vehicle types.

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I messaged her back & explained I understood 100%! & Thanked her for including US Ram owners in the program.

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Congrats Finn! Please remember to post your UOA report when you receive it back.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I tried to email Gena a couple weeks ago to let her know my first uoa was in, don't know if they automatically send me the other kit at some point? That is how we can at least get a uoa of the PUP.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I tried to email Gena a couple weeks ago to let her know my first uoa was in, don't know if they automatically send me the other kit at some point? That is how we can at least get a uoa of the PUP.

When I sent them my UOA, I PMed Gena on BobIsTheOilGuy and let her know. She quickly confirmed receiving it. Within a week or two (can't recall), they sent me another kit.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Try PM ING her here ....