Pics of your 2nd gen ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rrb6699

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 / 318
I bought this truck back in April of 2018.

I paid 2500 for my truck with 150k miles and runs and drives with almost no rust on body or frame. Put put in a new steering box and pump

hey, how hard was the steering box to install. never did one on a dodge. anything I gotta keep in mind?

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
So, I recently contributed to my powder coater's retirement...My spare hold down is been reworked. The bike handle bars are gone.Front diff.JPG Spare holddown.JPG And new exhaust with 4 inch tips. Rumble, Rumble. Back to sport tail lights.000_0002.JPG

Have a good new year! See y'all later...

Last edited:

mboymopar

MOPAR
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Sport
Engine
345 HEMI

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck 2001 Ram 2500 "Mut" night it with no axles and could only find 1500 axles at that time. Came with the factory 24V and NV4500 with a spare 12V auto. Swapped the Cummins out for a 360. Sitting on 3in suspension lift and a leveling kit in top of that with 40 in tires. I kept the 2500 rear leafs and just welded a 3in wide perch on. Got the factory 60/80 axles. Has onboard air belt driven compressor (not a York).
Parts I have just have to install:
Dana 60/80 axles
5.36 gears
ARB lockers
Train Horns
16.5 Warn Winch
Off road front and rear bumper
Full skid plate package I hand built
Plum Crazy Purple Paint Job
850hp 950ft lbs 6.4L Hemi
Rock Sliders
Factory Quad Cab
3in body lift

What do you guys think??

Snapchat-1957847052.jpg

Snapchat-1628853845.jpg

Basslicks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
850/950 6.4? Yeah i dont believe that for a second

x2

Had a 24v and a spare 12v, "screw that crap, I'm throwing in a 360"... then somewhere along the way swapped in a 6.4 liter HEMI with not only more Tq than HP, but more Tq and HP than a 6.2 liter HEMI with a 2.8 liter supercharger in the Hellcat Demon.

Nope.

You didn't.

Last edited:

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
x2

Had a 24v and a spare 12v, "screw that crap, I'm throwing in a 360"... then somewhere along the way swapped in a 6.4 liter HEMI with not only more Tq than HP, but more Tq and HP than a 6.2 liter HEMI with a 2.8 liter supercharger in the Hellcat Demon.

Nope.

You didn't.
Said he has yet to swap that in but yeah lol. Gas engines won't make power figures like that from a SMALLBLOCK in that hp/tq relationship without a metric shiiiit ton of boost with like a 5000rpm redline from a tiny factory style cam. That would also kill the rotating assembly. 850hp smallblock would make like high 600 low 700 tq more likely

Basslicks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Said he has yet to swap that in but yeah lol. Gas engines won't make power figures like that from a SMALLBLOCK in that hp/tq relationship without a metric shiiiit ton of boost with like a 5000rpm redline from a tiny factory style cam. That would also kill the rotating assembly. 850hp smallblock would make like high 600 low 700 tq more likely

Agreed. That's big block numbers for sure. Might make that power combo ONCE... if it doesn't bend rods or toss a piston through the cylinder head.

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
850/950 6.4? Yeah i dont believe that for a second
Funny he dyno don't lie
x2

Nope.

You didn't.
I hate diesel can post pics of the Cummins motors. Also Dyno tests don't lie
Dyno doesn't lie
Agreed. That's big block numbers for sure. Might make that power combo ONCE... if it doesn't bend rods or toss a piston through the cylinder head.
Dyno will not lie
You guys must be unskilled mechanics. You can buy a 1000hp 950ft lbs nite straight from Dodge *****
https://blog.fcanorthamerica.com/20...p-426-hemi-supercharged-crate-engine-at-sema/
Figured I'd add that there are many 6.4 Hemis getting 1500 or more hp and making at least 950ft lbs. But hey brother whet you guys wish I'll prove it to you if I ever see you on the streets

Last edited:

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Funny he dyno don't lie

I hate diesel can post pics of the Cummins motors. Also Dyno tests don't lie

Dyno doesn't lie

Dyno will not lie
You guys must be unskilled mechanics. You can buy a 1000hp 950ft lbs nite straight from Dodge *****
https://blog.fcanorthamerica.com/20...p-426-hemi-supercharged-crate-engine-at-sema/
Figured I'd add that there are many 6.4 Hemis getting 1500 or more hp and making at least 950ft lbs. But hey brother whet you guys wish I'll prove it to you if I ever see you on the streets
"Dyno dont lie"
Except you shared no dyno.
Pics or ****

Trying to call me an unskilled mechanic is hilarious lol. Im an aircraft engine mechanic for a living and have more auto performance understanding than anybody else here. You can make all the claims you want but it's all horse**** unless you show it. Particularly because you're currently just pulling numbers out of your ass and ive explained why your original numbers arent real

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
"Dyno dont lie"
Except you shared no dyno.
Pics or ****

Trying to call me an unskilled mechanic is hilarious lol. Im an aircraft engine mechanic for a living and have more auto performance understanding than anybody else here. You can make all the claims you want but it's all horse**** unless you show it. Particularly because you're currently just pulling numbers out of your ass and ive explained why your original numbers arent real
Not me. So technically you did. I'm not pulling numbers out my ass I was shooting for the max number I could get and ended up with those numbers from a Dyno. So I'll make sure to tell everyone in the world that has a 1500hp 6.4 Hemi that they were lying. **** with your claims. Go back to fixing airplanes. The reason I didn't post the Dyno is my work causes me to travel. There are 3 local guys who bust your theory. One with a 360 (not sure on the year) making 450/680 and a Hemi in a RAM built for torque saw it on the Dyno at the local drag strip 501/724. I think I know where the confusion is. This isn't a built engine yet. I got a "kit" from a local shop to builds Mopar engine and they give you a Dyno sheet fit your "kit" to die whet you will make and that is what they say you will yield. I wanted more bottom end then top end. You don't have to believe me, but that's what the engine will make.

Semper Fi until I die

Last edited: