Pics of your 2nd gen ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
x2

Had a 24v and a spare 12v, "screw that crap, I'm throwing in a 360"... then somewhere along the way swapped in a 6.4 liter HEMI with not only more Tq than HP, but more Tq and HP than a 6.2 liter HEMI with a 2.8 liter supercharger in the Hellcat Demon.

Nope.

You didn't.
I do not like diesel i picked the truck up cheap $500 and had intentions on selling the two Cummins drivetrains to make money for mods. The 6.4 is not swapped yet nor even built. It's a "kit" from a local company and they give you a Dyno sheet from another vehicle with that same "kit" that they dynoed at their shop. That is what the engine will make with a built trans. Now I don't know if that's RWHP or at the crank. Either way I wanted to build an engine with more tq then hp. Sir offers the Hellephant that makes 1000hp with 950tq or the Hauler motor for older trucks that make 560hp and 750tq

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Not me. So technically you did. I'm not pulling numbers out my ass I was shooting for the max number I could get and ended up with those numbers from a Dyno. So I'll make sure to tell everyone in the world that has a 1500hp 6.4 Hemi that they were lying. **** with your claims. Go back to fixing airplanes. The reason I didn't post the Dyno is my work causes me to travel. There are 3 local guys who bust your theory. One with a 360 (not sure on the year) making 450/680 and a Hemi in a RAM built for torque saw it on the Dyno at the local drag strip 501/724. I think I know where the confusion is. This isn't a built engine yet. I got a "kit" from a local shop to builds Mopar engine and they give you a Dyno sheet fit your "kit" to die whet you will make and that is what they say you will yield. I wanted more bottom end then top end. You don't have to believe me, but that's what the engine will make.

Semper Fi until I die
XD you just keep stretching! What are you saying i did at the beginning of that paragraph? That doesn't make any sense.

I also never said hemis couldn't make 850hp or 1500or whatever. I said the 850/950 relationship is bogus. Tell me, what company is this providing the kit? More info on this 360 you're claiming you know about? The hp/tq relationship you claim guys are busting my "theory" on is possible with boost and very specific cam profiles on low revving platforms sure. But without stupid boost that's not going to happen on a smallblock. You have all these claims yet evidence of none.

Again, share or **** jarhead

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
XD you just keep stretching! What are you saying i did at the beginning of that paragraph? That doesn't make any sense.

I also never said hemis couldn't make 850hp or 1500or whatever. I said the 850/950 relationship is bogus. Tell me, what company is this providing the kit? More info on this 360 you're claiming you know about? The hp/tq relationship you claim guys are busting my "theory" on is possible with boost and very specific cam profiles on low revving platforms sure. But without stupid boost that's not going to happen on a smallblock. You have all these claims yet evidence of none.

Again, share or **** jarhead
Local shop called Randy's Mopar. I don't have proof yet until A I get back home or B I build the engine and Dyno it myself. What would you like to know about the 360? Who said they weren't running boost? Please go back to flying your done chair force and let the real men play. (How this is all in good humor FYI unless you are just an ******* idk)

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
Trying to call me an unskilled mechanic is hilarious lol. Im an aircraft engine mechanic for a living and have more auto performance understanding than anybody else here. l

Really>? Yes, you're quite knowledgeable for your age. You know what others have told you, but you haven't quite built it yourself. Not yet anyway. Learning comes from application as well as theory.

Yes, I'm busting your chops a little, can you take it? Probably because I believe you're better than this. You will build it, fight with it, persevere, and we will go ...AHHH! I will be impressed. To be honest, I'm not easily impressed, simply because I've been around a bit longer, actually...a lot longer.

The 6.4 is a stout little motor and adding a Supercharger could easily boost it's power with the proper add ons. I don't have believe or disbelieve because people are building big power into these new engines everyday. Not that I wouldn't like to see it run.

MoparFanatic21 Quote: I don't have proof yet until A I get back home or B I build the engine and Dyno it myself.

Rather than just spinning a dynometer though, I'd like to see a couple passes at the dragstrip. I can use your et, mph and vehicle weight to determine what rwhp your vehicle is running.

BTW I hope you're better than this too. Posting stuff you personally haven't built yet is a bit...meh(?) And I'll be watching.

I found a Randy's Mopar in Fitchburg MA. Is this the place?

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Really>? Yes, you're quite knowledgeable for your age. You know what others have told you, but you haven't quite built it yourself. Not yet anyway. Learning comes from application as well as theory.

Yes, I'm busting your chops a little, can you take it? Probably because I believe you're better than this. You will build it, fight with it, persevere, and we will go ...AHHH! I will be impressed. To be honest, I'm not easily impressed, simply because I've been around a bit longer, actually...a lot longer.

The 6.4 is a stout little motor and adding a Supercharger could easily boost it's power with the proper add ons. I don't have believe or disbelieve because people are building big power into these new engines everyday. Not that I wouldn't like to see it run.

MoparFanatic21 Quote: I don't have proof yet until A I get back home or B I build the engine and Dyno it myself.

Rather than just spinning a dynometer though, I'd like to see a couple passes at the dragstrip. I can use your et, mph and vehicle weight to determine what rwhp your vehicle is running.

BTW I hope you're better than this too. Posting stuff you personally haven't built yet is a bit...meh(?) And I'll be watching.

I found a Randy's Mopar in Fitchburg MA. Is this the place?
No it's a Mom and Pop Shop in PA. I'm not building it for drag racing (but will more then likely take it) more for low end grunt. I don't get home but I felt how he was taking wasn't called for. The engine isn't built yet as I live in PA and my barn (I converted to a garage) hold my old cars (All Mopar btw). And this truck is my DD because I like it. I was just kidding what I have planned for the truck. As I said you could call it a "kit" but it's not all 100% there. I came her to help others and look at everyone's rig. Right now it has a 360 with MSD ignition coil, headers, true duals, and 8mm wires. So MAYBE 300 at the crank but I believe that is stretching it

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
You'll be lucky to make 200 rwhp with that combo. Remember a 5.9 gas is only rated at 235 "net" hp at the crank. Net hp is a fuzzy area designed to keep .gov entities and insurance company people happy, or impress consumers by pumping things up. 235 hp crank is about 199 rwhp, and you have a lot of unsprung weight with those big tires, and didn't list a tune, which you'd need.
Sorry

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8

Im sorry for any insult you may have felt by my comment. Tbh, sometimes i forget you are still around here but that's because both you and Merc225 went forum dormant for awhile. Im arrogant... however... for that i don't apologize. I don't say this to be rude but because of the research i have done coupled with the experience i have. Most of what i know is from what others have told me but not in the way most would expect. I know what i know because i was tired of inconsistent and contradictory information. Yes im young and haven't physically put together a bunch of high power engines. I don't hold that as important in determining experience because all it boils down to is nuts, bolts and careful measurement. Guys tend to hold their brother's wife's cousin's uncle's friend Bob as an expert because he's rebuilt 1000 engines. Yet he'll be the first to tell you that "an engine really needs backpressure" because he doesn't actually understand any of the physics of an engine. He knows suck squeeze bang blow. For example, a local guy got all PO'd at a dyno event when his squarebody chevy with a 355 that he and his dad "built" made 180whp. "But i put a cam in it! This dyno isn't reading right!" Doesn't matter if you can put it together if you can't select appropriate parts. All this is why ive selected the parts i have for my engine build and why im going the route i am. My philosophy may be different from many.

Again, i dont mean to be rude by all that. Im not saying it's not possible. 6.4s are very stout and boost does a lot for them as it does with any engine. The Apache heads are also incredible in stock form let alone their aftermarket counterparts.

No it's a Mom and Pop Shop in PA. I'm not building it for drag racing (but will more then likely take it) more for low end grunt. I don't get home but I felt how he was taking wasn't called for. The engine isn't built yet as I live in PA and my barn (I converted to a garage) hold my old cars (All Mopar btw). And this truck is my DD because I like it. I was just kidding what I have planned for the truck. As I said you could call it a "kit" but it's not all 100% there. I came her to help others and look at everyone's rig. Right now it has a 360 with MSD ignition coil, headers, true duals, and 8mm wires. So MAYBE 300 at the crank but I believe that is stretching it
I dont intend to be an *******. I mean, i am one (lol) though it's not my intention. My build is one that many would also call BS on. I HAVE been saying im doing for like 3 years and sometimes i even question myself as to the likelihood of it actually getting finished. It's what's been posted hasn't been inline. If that's not your intention im sorry.

But to keep the thread slightly on track and not completely tangent, most recent pic of my POS. Currently parked in the garage with a blown wheel cylinder and bad steering pump. JUST got new springs and stock blocks put back in the rear after having worn leaves and no blocks. Needs to be higher in the front again and with 315s like it was a year ago. My indecision has come full circle20190202_150039.jpg

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
You'll be lucky to make 200 rwhp with that combo. Remember a 5.9 gas is only rated at 235 "net" hp at the crank. Net hp is a fuzzy area designed to keep .gov entities and insurance company people happy, or impress consumers by pumping things up. 235 hp crank is about 199 rwhp, and you have a lot of unsprung weight with those big tires, and didn't list a tune, which you'd need.
Sorry
You're pretty dead on. A well known vendor for these consistently sees 180-190whp on completely stock trucks but his dyno also shows consistently 10% less or so than dynojets.

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry
No biggie! I want an sct but can't but then anymore except from like Flying Ryan for like $400. I'm going to wait until I do more and get a custom tune. My ultimate goal is to have the factory 360, a 408, and the 6.4. I am still on the factory gearing 3.55 so my mileage does suck lol
Im sorry for any insult you may have felt by my comment. Tbh, sometimes i forget you are still around here but that's because both you and Merc225 went forum dormant for awhile. Im arrogant... however... for that i don't apologize. I don't say this to be rude but because of the research i have done coupled with the experience i have. Most of what i know is from what others have told me but not in the way most would expect. I know what i know because i was tired of inconsistent and contradictory information. Yes im young and haven't physically put together a bunch of high power engines. I don't hold that as important in determining experience because all it boils down to is nuts, bolts and careful measurement. Guys tend to hold their brother's wife's cousin's uncle's friend Bob as an expert because he's rebuilt 1000 engines. Yet he'll be the first to tell you that "an engine really needs backpressure" because he doesn't actually understand any of the physics of an engine. He knows suck squeeze bang blow. For example, a local guy got all PO'd at a dyno event when his squarebody chevy with a 355 that he and his dad "built" made 180whp. "But i put a cam in it! This dyno isn't reading right!" Doesn't matter if you can put it together if you can't select appropriate parts. All this is why ive selected the parts i have for my engine build and why im going the route i am. My philosophy may be different from many.

Again, i dont mean to be rude by all that. Im not saying it's not possible. 6.4s are very stout and boost does a lot for them as it does with any engine. The Apache heads are also incredible in stock form let alone their aftermarket counterparts.

I dont intend to be an *******. I mean, i am one (lol) though it's not my intention. My build is one that many would also call BS on. I HAVE been saying im doing for like 3 years and sometimes i even question myself as to the likelihood of it actually getting finished. It's what's been posted hasn't been inline. If that's not your intention im sorry.

But to keep the thread slightly on track and not completely tangent, most recent pic of my POS. Currently parked in the garage with a blown wheel cylinder and bad steering pump. JUST got new springs and stock blocks put back in the rear after having worn leaves and no blocks. Needs to be higher in the front again and with 315s like it was a year ago. My indecision has come full circleView attachment 154714
I am sorry also, I am an ******* to and get defensive when it comes to my babies (vehicles) lol. So I do apologise. I'm just going off of their history and their Dyno sheet. Everybody has swapped the 5.7 so I want to be the first to do the 6.4. Now if I can get a Hellcat or a Demon motor I'll try to do that. Nice truck by the way! Again I didn't mean to get all pissy. I don't know everything but I've been wrenching since I was 8 on nothing but Mopars. Now me and my dad restore them, I own a 68 Charger R/The and a few others. I'd post then he but it is for Rams :b

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
No biggie! I want an sct but can't but then anymore except from like Flying Ryan for like $400. I'm going to wait until I do more and get a custom tune. My ultimate goal is to have the factory 360, a 408, and the 6.4. I am still on the factory gearing 3.55 so my mileage does suck lol

I am sorry also, I am an ******* to and get defensive when it comes to my babies (vehicles) lol. So I do apologise. I'm just going off of their history and their Dyno sheet. Everybody has swapped the 5.7 so I want to be the first to do the 6.4. Now if I can get a Hellcat or a Demon motor I'll try to do that. Nice truck by the way! Again I didn't mean to get all pissy. I don't know everything but I've been wrenching since I was 8 on nothing but Mopars. Now me and my dad restore them, I own a 68 Charger R/The and a few others. I'd post then he but it is for Rams :b
Realistically i probably should've gone with a good 408 but i dislike strokers for reasons i don't even know myself. Idk why but for some reason i would rather have a crazy 360 than i would a crazy 408. My planned build is a semi-forged 365. Factory crank, eagle rods and wiseco pistons. Figuring 10.2:1 with 62cc chambers and a 0.050 quench. Then 8-10psi from a vortech v3. Comp is higher than manh would recommend but i have edelbrock aluminum heads for it and those paired with a good tight quench should be enough with FRP's tuning. Only thing im somewhat worried about is i only have 91 octane fuel available anywhere near me and that could be a somewhat limiting factor. Splayed 4 bolt mains for extra security as well. I literally have everything ready to go to the machine shop but haven't been able to get it there yet.

20181120_170732.jpg

20180626_073546.jpg

20171104_180458.jpg

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Realistically i probably should've gone with a good 408 but i dislike strokers for reasons i don't even know myself. Idk why but for some reason i would rather have a crazy 360 than i would a crazy 408. My planned build is a semi-forged 365. Factory crank, eagle rods and wiseco pistons. Figuring 10.2:1 with 62cc chambers and a 0.050 quench. Then 8-10psi from a vortech v3. Comp is higher than manh would recommend but i have edelbrock aluminum heads for it and those paired with a good tight quench should be enough with FRP's tuning. Only thing im somewhat worried about is i only have 91 octane fuel available anywhere near me and that could be a somewhat limiting factor. Splayed 4 bolt mains for extra security as well. I literally have everything ready to go to the machine shop but haven't been able to get it there yet.

View attachment 154721

View attachment 154722

View attachment 154723
Get to build it for you. Can't wait to see it when it is done!

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
Some day young man, you'll learn humility. I say that with all the love in mah lil' ol' heart. Doesn't mean you can't fight for what's right or what you believe in.

And I'm not going to debate it in a photo thread anymore but if you want a start a new thread elsewhere...call it, uh...The Fallacy of Back Pressure. I'm pretty sure we can entertain a lively discussion for the masses. Maybe Merc will join in.

BTW I AM ALWAYS checking this forum. I simply don't post a lot. There's no need to.

The only substitute for cubic inches is more cubic inches.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I can't wait for the next time you're down this way after you've built the engine, Tyler.

Basslicks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I do not like diesel i picked the truck up cheap $500 and had intentions on selling the two Cummins drivetrains to make money for mods. The 6.4 is not swapped yet nor even built. It's a "kit" from a local company and they give you a Dyno sheet from another vehicle with that same "kit" that they dynoed at their shop. That is what the engine will make with a built trans. Now I don't know if that's RWHP or at the crank. Either way I wanted to build an engine with more tq then hp. Sir offers the Hellephant that makes 1000hp with 950tq or the Hauler motor for older trucks that make 560hp and 750tq

"I do not like diesel"

That's fair. Some guys don't. I can appreciate that... however....

Sorry

This is exactly why I called ********. I know he's talking about the 360 you were talking about in one of your replies, but the statements made still apply here.

You mentioned all these specs and aftermarket stuff on the truck including OBA and a winch, but didn't mention a thing about a supercharger or turbo charger... I've never met a guy that wouldn't brag about his 'charger when talking about the monster of a motor he built... especially when stating the numbers you stated... specifically about having THAT MUCH MORE torque than horsepower. I think we can both agree that's NOT a common thing for a gasser. You were a bit mis-leading... maybe it was on purpose for a bit of trolling fun... maybe you forgot, I don't know. BUT.... N/A HEMI 6.4, 6.2, 5.7 definitely won't make those numbers... especially with stock internals and rotating assembly. Period.

You tuned it.
You stroked it.
You boosted it.

Yup... makes sense... but say it, man lol... otherwise we're obviously gonna say you're full of absolute ****.

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
"I do not like diesel"

That's fair. Some guys don't. I can appreciate that... however....

This is exactly why I called ********. I know he's talking about the 360 you were talking about in one of your replies, but the statements made still apply here.

You mentioned all these specs and aftermarket stuff on the truck including OBA and a winch, but didn't mention a thing about a supercharger or turbo charger... I've never met a guy that wouldn't brag about his 'charger when talking about the monster of a motor he built... especially when stating the numbers you stated... specifically about having THAT MUCH MORE torque than horsepower. I think we can both agree that's NOT a common thing for a gasser. You were a bit mis-leading... maybe it was on purpose for a bit of trolling fun... maybe you forgot, I don't know. BUT.... N/A HEMI 6.4, 6.2, 5.7 definitely won't make those numbers... especially with stock internals and rotating assembly. Period.

You tuned it.
You stroked it.
You boosted it.

Yup... makes sense... but say it, man lol... otherwise we're obviously gonna say you're full of absolute ****.
The motor isn't built yet those are my plans. Still has the 360 that I swapped in from the Cummins. Talking to the local shop I may not even go with forced induction. I'll build it to have 800 torque and just tune down the horsepower to around 500 if they are capable. I hate forced induction as I like the naturally aspired. Now I did buy a "kit" that they say will make the numbers and yes you do need a small turbo. The guy I mentioned earlier with the 360 is running no forced induction. I went with a 6.4 because nobody (that I know of) swapped one lol
I want to keep it natural just like my 68 Charger R/T Hemi 4spd

Basslicks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
The motor isn't built yet those are my plans. Still has the 360 that I swapped in from the Cummins. Talking to the local shop I may not even go with forced induction. I'll build it to have 800 torque and just tune down the horsepower to around 500 if they are capable. I hate forced induction as I like the naturally aspired. Now I did buy a "kit" that they say will make the numbers and yes you do need a small turbo. The guy I mentioned earlier with the 360 is running no forced induction. I went with a 6.4 because nobody (that I know of) swapped one lol
I want to keep it natural just like my 68 Charger R/T Hemi 4spd

Well, keep us updated with the build, man. Very interested!

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, keep us updated with the build, man. Very interested!
I will definitely and I'll try to do write ups along the way. If there is anything they i have you are interested in let me know and I'll do a write up!
Since this here is supposed to be a pitcher thread, here's a pitcher. < That's how certain Okies say it.View attachment 155439
Damn I fell in love, is that yours!?!?