RCSB Audio Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Figured you'd like that German part LoL. The sk125.4 and sk1200.1 have matching cases and that's where I would start. Pm me for some more info on them.

Ok cool will do.

What kind of subs and enclosures?? Does anyone make enclosures for the rcsb??

Or do I have to make my own? :naughty: :superhack: :buffer:

BradKnob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Now that sounds great!!! Thank you! I don't know what a DSP is, but I just looked at the Helix one and it's gorgeous AND made in Germany! :happy107:

So exactly which Skar amps should I get?? And which subwoofers and box should I get??

DSP basically gives you control of every aspect of every speaker u hook to it. From level, to which frequencies it plays, to how long it takes for the sound to hit ur ear. A little too advanced for most, and you can make everything sound worse if you're unsure of what ur doing. I'm still fiddling with mine and I learn something new every time I use it

Look at the last few pages of my thread, I just installed a helix dsp. Been too busy with other people's trucks to get it dialed in yet.

OP
OP
Etroze86

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My vote is make your own, plus if go with the SI sub's those enclosures are pretty easy to make. The are small sealed and then cover them in that suede. ;)

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
DSP basically gives you control of every aspect of every speaker u hook to it. From level, to which frequencies it plays, to how long it takes for the sound to hit ur ear. A little too advanced for most, and you can make everything sound worse if you're unsure of what ur doing. I'm still fiddling with mine and I learn something new every time I use it

Look at the last few pages of my thread, I just installed a helix dsp. Been too busy with other people's trucks to get it dialed in yet.

Then that is way to advanced for me. I get frusterated when I have to adjust my bass and treble settings on my stock head unit, lol!

But you have the right idea with upgrading what I have and then adding the dsp later, after I learn a few things...

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My vote is make your own, plus if go with the SI sub's those enclosures are pretty easy to make. The are small sealed and then cover them in that suede. ;)

I would love to make my own! I think I told you that I design high end furniture for a living, right? I have built a ton of furniture myself, too. Never designed or built a sub box, but it would be fun!

Do most subwoofers list the amount of breathing room they need? Also, which comes first, the box and then find a sub to fit, or the sub and then build the box around it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Etroze86

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh yeah I remember, you can get pretty wild with sub box design and fiberglass. I think this would be a great project to eat up some free time if that's what you are looking for.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh yeah I remember, you can get pretty wild with sub box design and fiberglass. I think this would be a great project to eat up some free time if that's what you are looking for.

Hahaha! I never have free time, I am just hyper active and am not happy if I don't have a few projects going besides working 60+ hours a week! :roflsquared:

I looked up the amps on Amazon, it looks like the 2 will run just under $800. Do you have a connection that you get these from?

What subs should I get?

OP
OP
Etroze86

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What is SI sub?
Stereo integrity subwoofer and you would get a sub and if you can model it in a program called winsld to get the prefect size box for the response you want. Or talk with Nick the owner and he can tell you exactly what size you should build the box too.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stereo integrity subwoofer and you would get a sub and if you can model it in a program called winsld to get the prefect size box for the response you want. Or talk with Nick the owner and he can tell you exactly what size you should build the box too.

Oh, that's right. It did list the size with those subs... Just saved SI to my favorites.

What size and how many should I get?? I prefer getting just one and making it fit under my center seat, but if that won't give me great sound than I can do two behind the seats.

OP
OP
Etroze86

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I personally like the idea of two as you can get as little bass out of it or you can rock out so people can hear you a block away. Jk idk if anyone would be able to hear you a block away with these subs as they are for sound quality. I do have a way to get Skar stuff much cheaper than Amazon but that's a pm or email where we would have to discuss that.

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I personally like the idea of two as you can get as little bass out of it or you can rock out so people can hear you a block away. Jk idk if anyone would be able to hear you a block away with these subs as they are for sound quality. I do have a way to get Skar stuff much cheaper than Amazon but that's a pm or email where we would have to discuss that.

SKAR FTW! :leghump:

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I am not the guy that needs people to here me a block away... A bunch of "other" guys are taking care of that **** in my town, lol!

I just want clean, tight bass for ME. So when I play Metallica-One and Lars Ulrich starts kicking the **** out of the bass drum, that it feel like he is kicking the **** ouf of me!

Here is my email: [email protected]

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
About 3 months ago I put the Kicker tweeters in my dash and they sound really good... However, I think I need to upgrade my door speakers. They are kickers, but the tweeters seem to be over powering the door speakers.

What kind of speakers should I get for my doors??? I need direct replacement, p n p. ;)

BradKnob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
About 3 months ago I put the Kicker tweeters in my dash and they sound really good... However, I think I need to upgrade my door speakers. They are kickers, but the tweeters seem to be over powering the door speakers.

What kind of speakers should I get for my doors??? I need direct replacement, p n p. ;)

Are you running all speakers off head unit power? Ur ears are more sensitive to higher frequencies plus the fact thy they are at ear level will make them seem like they're over powering everything else. Put some real power to them and the doors and they will level each other out, or at least give you the adjustability to do so yourself.

Yes that is the sub he's talking about. I run one of them. Don't expect teeth shaking bass from them. Although, they will fill your cab with very, very natural sounding, realistic sub bass it's a different sub than most people are used to.

OP
OP
Etroze86

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also is the subwoofer I should get???
BM mk IV 12″ Subwoofer | Stereo Integrity

Well kicker is really the only plug and play option but with new amps you will be running wire to the doors and dash, not an overly difficult thing to do specially since you will have your interior apart doing other upgrades.
That is the sub, bradknob has such good things to say about those that I am seriously considering getting two of them and hiding them from my wife lol.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca