Thinking about adding aftermarket subwoofer system under the rear seat...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Have you installed your DSR1 yet? I still haven't done mine, but I have it and everything else now ready to go.

No I haven't, but I finally got all the stuff together, It was on back order for a while but got it on Tuesday

Still working on sound deadening,

That **** is a pain in the ass, but can tell the difference in the two doors I got done, so worth it I guess, hands are cut to pieces

if the sheet metal on the doors don't get ya the dam foil backing does ........... lol

Chomping at the bit , but waiting for the weather to break as all I have is a driveway to do it in, hopefully I can get on it by mid May

Should update the thread I started I guess with some pics of all the hardware :popcorn:

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Image.jpeg Well my JL box is in the truck with 2 10TW1. Load floor doesn't look like it's going to lay anywhere close to flat. It can stay in, but not really use able. Working on a solution, but if I can't find one it's going back and I'll go custom fibreglass and a pair of sundown SD3 8" subs instead as I've measured and I can make them and the floor fit with a small seat lift. I'm thinking I'll do a small seat lift and add a small spacer to lift the load floor as well to see if the JL box will work before I get too far ahead of myself. Any ideas?

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
View attachment 126388 Well my JL box is in the truck with 2 10TW1. Load floor doesn't look like it's going to lay anywhere close to flat. It can stay in, but not really use able. Working on a solution, but if I can't find one it's going back and I'll go custom fibreglass and a pair of sundown SD3 8" subs instead as I've measured and I can make them and the floor fit with a small seat lift. I'm thinking I'll do a small seat lift and add a small spacer to lift the load floor as well to see if the JL box will work before I get too far ahead of myself. Any ideas?

I wasn’t thinking that load floor was gonna work with that Stealthbox under it which, after my trip to Louisiana, that damn fold out floor was actually kinda nice cuz it gave more room to put **** in the back; plus it kinda helped protect the leather seats by having them folded up...Lol.

Oh well, whenever my replacement Stealthbox box shows up- had to return the first one because the right side speaker grille was all mashed in from the factory, I still don’t think it’s gonna be too terribly heartbreaking to pull the floor out since I got by with it being removed in the old truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
View attachment 126388 Well my JL box is in the truck with 2 10TW1. Load floor doesn't look like it's going to lay anywhere close to flat. It can stay in, but not really use able. Working on a solution, but if I can't find one it's going back and I'll go custom fibreglass and a pair of sundown SD3 8" subs instead as I've measured and I can make them and the floor fit with a small seat lift. I'm thinking I'll do a small seat lift and add a small spacer to lift the load floor as well to see if the JL box will work before I get too far ahead of myself. Any ideas?
Where did you buy it? When I was looking at it it sounded like their was no returns since it's a made to order product

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where did you buy it? When I was looking at it it sounded like their was no returns since it's a made to order product

I’m not sure where BWL got his from but at least if you buy from Crutchfield, they put the order in to the place where JL Audio makes them.

I’m not sure what they woulda told me if I had happened to tell them I had changed my mind on it but since my case was because of damage from the factory, I can’t really speculate.

I do know one thing tho, when I had to return mine, it got sent to Crutchfield instead of Florida where it came from. The customer service dude said that they were gonna replace the one speaker on that side, sell it as a refurbished item, and then put in another order to the manufacturer for a whole new Stealthbox.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Bought direct from JL audio. Confirmed with them that it would fit before ordering and multiple calls back and forth trying to see what to do to make it fit. I wasn't willing to give up the load floor so I paid the high $ to get something that would let me keep it. See how the spacing works out. Hoping it lays fairly flat and I can just live with 1 support leg on the floor and I can stick something under the other one if I need to put something heavier in. They knew the deal in advance. No load floor no deal so they should take it back if no solution can be found. I'd have to space it for my other option so I'll do that first and see if it'll work. It sounds really good though

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
Hmm don't see an open box on there website was just interested to see how much they would charge

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven’t looked in a while but when it bought mine, they were selling it for the same price Crutchfield was.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
with the seat in the original position the fold flat floor when flat was 4.5" off the floor. With the seat lifted 3/4" that gap fell to 1.5". Add the floor mat and it's 1". If I can find a way to lift the load floor 1/4" without binding when the seat folds up I think I can get the front leg on the floor and the middle leg should be close. Bit more of a hassle than I wanted, but I think it'll work in the end.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm happy with the sound and it's plenty loud. Still a bit to do to get it tuned and I haven't run it through its paces with the floor down. Seat is just sitting on 3/4 mdf for mock up and not bolted in at the moment. Need to get some 2X3/4 aluminum flat bar to make the spacers and get longer metric bolts. Then I have to play with the load floor and see if I can get it working. It better sound really good given the cost and effort at this point. I feel hustled by JL audio with the you can retain the factory load floor. I may still remove it if I stay pissed off and go with something else, but I'm doing my best to make it work as I need the floor. It's my bed on long work trips so taking it out will prove either very uncomfortable as I try to sleep in the drivers seat or expensive as I'll need more hotel rooms so removal isn't really an option for me.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm happy with the sound and it's plenty loud. Still a bit to do to get it tuned and I haven't run it through its paces with the floor down. Seat is just sitting on 3/4 mdf for mock up and not bolted in at the moment. Need to get some 2X3/4 aluminum flat bar to make the spacers and get longer metric bolts. Then I have to play with the load floor and see if I can get it working. It better sound really good given the cost and effort at this point. I feel hustled by JL audio with the you can retain the factory load floor. I may still remove it if I stay pissed off and go with something else, but I'm doing my best to make it work as I need the floor. It's my bed on long work trips so taking it out will prove either very uncomfortable as I try to sleep in the drivers seat or expensive as I'll need more hotel rooms so removal isn't really an option for me.

I got this from that JL Audio guy for a tuning guide.
https://jlaudio.zendesk.com/hc/en-u...mplifier-Level-Setting-Guide?mobile_site=true

Reactions: BWL

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks, but as far as tuning the amp is the easy part. More about figuring out when the head unit gets distorted and the DSR1 set up. Not going to get too into that until I decide if the subs are staying in.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Just started on my under seat project, I went as low cost as possible, bought a fiberglass dual 12 box from a member here for $20+ shipping. Then I bought some cheap subs and 1,000 watt rms amp. Box fit perfect, but ran into issue lifting seat, wrong bolts and I need to lift it a little more so seat will fold forward to mount amp. So now on hold till I get right stuff.

IMG_20180427_123512.jpg

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want to make a box to hold (1) JL 8W7 or a single 10w7. I would like to keep storage under one side of my rear seat if possible.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
IMG_20180503_153625.jpg IMG_20180503_153857.jpg I've started making adjustments to get the load floor in. Put in a 1/4" X 1" piece of aluminum flat bar between the seat and load floor and I have the floor up 3/4", but my aluminum still hasn't come in so it's temporary. Floor is 1/2" off the floor when perfectly flat on the front legs. Rear are about 1", which makes sense since that's how much the box sits above where the floor used to rest. With this setup the floor is totally useable. Picture is with the front floor leg on the floor mat.