Why so much hate on Ford?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
as long as you don't drive a Ford over 75,000 miles they are ok for people that don't know any better

tuned by Jay Greene

JRG18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I owned a F-150 once and that's why I have so much hate for the brand. Only lasted a few months and I sold it. Wife currently has a Ford Escape but that's her prerogative.

Also owned a Dmax in-between other vehicles and swore of the Chevy brand as well. Especially after my wife's Tahoe. Absolutely never again.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i buy my trucks as lease returns to save on depreciation.the only reason i have the ram over the ford i was looking at is because of the bigger cab.the hemi is an added bonus after driving it for 2 years.my last truck was a ford.it retailed new for 43k and i got it 2 years old for 22.5k and it served me very well for 11 years.before that it was a silverado and before that one was an f150,my first truck was a '74 gmc jimmy and i beat the hell out of it and it kept coming back for more. i can say i really can't get around the square wheel wells of the new gm's. fugly.

Last edited:

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
All kidding aside, I gave ford a chance both times I bought a truck. They lost the price battle both times by a lot. They also have a stupid 8 lug pattern for their wheels.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I'd buy a Ford over a Chevy/GMC product. The Chevy/GMC trucks don't look bad at all to me on the exterior, but I've never felt their interiors were up to par. Ford's interiors were never up to par either, but better than Chevy/GMC. The aluminum F150s are close in interior quality to the Ram, but not quite as good, IMO. I just find it funny that they still aren't quite up to the level of interior that Ram has, and Ram interior has been mostly unchanged since 2013.

I'll never own a Toyota. But that's a soap box for another time.

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
I'd buy a Ford over a Chevy/GMC product. The Chevy/GMC trucks don't look bad at all to me on the exterior, but I've never felt their interiors were up to par. Ford's interiors were never up to par either, but better than Chevy/GMC. The aluminum F150s are close in interior quality to the Ram, but not quite as good, IMO. I just find it funny that they still aren't quite up to the level of interior that Ram has, and Ram interior has been mostly unchanged since 2013.

I'll never own a Toyota. But that's a soap box for another time.

You're right about that! It takes 10+ seconds for the climate control fan to start on the chebby trucks we have at work. Absolutely asinine.

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I find the Ram interior to be far superior to the others as well, in reference to the basic stuff. I don't shop in that "fully loaded" bracket. I was looking at lower level trucks from every company, and the Ram has by far the better looking and better feeling interior. It's not even close.

Not to mention, all 3 trucks I have owned have been Dodge trucks. They have treated me very well, I have zero reason to change.

Last edited:

satxwy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Just don't drive an old 4.6. I drive an '08 F150 4x4 with that 4.6 at work and it needs every bit of 5000 rpm to maintain 75 mph up a long hill on the highway. My Pentastar Ram would eat its lunch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've had a 2002 Explorer, 2003 Mustang GT, my father had a 2004 F150, and my work van for 9 years was a 2005 E250. My wife had a 2002 Focus and a 2007 Focus. The only one out of the those 6 vehicles that was reliable and didn't have some form of poor quality was the 2003 Mustang GT. The 2002 Explorer had cracked paint on the roof and hood at 55000 miles plus a slew of other problems. My fathers 2004 F150 had the frame rot out from under it and he took care of it and washed it regularly. My 2005 E250 van was decent but an alignment lasted MAYBE 6 months and it was always burning out coil packs. Both of my wife's Focus' were at the dealer for warranty work more than she drove them. My 2003 Mustang GT was bulletproof though. Never did anything to that except routine maintenance.

So with that said, I won't be owning a Ford anytime soon. Do I hate Fords? No. I just won't own one again. The new F150s are pretty damn nice trucks. However I'm dying to see what happens to the aluminum bodies after 5 or 6 years in the rust belt:popcorn:

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just don't drive an old 4.6. I drive an '08 F150 4x4 with that 4.6 at work and it needs every bit of 5000 rpm to maintain 75 mph up a long hill on the highway. My Pentastar Ram would eat its lunch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My fathers 04 F150 had that motor in it. My God was that thing slow and he towed with it.

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had 2 F250's and an F350 and liked all of them. But after I got my first Ram in 2006, liked it better and then when I wanted another truck this year I opted for a Ram again. Partly because of price, but also available options. Ford was my second choice, but really loved the Rambox, but even without that Ford was more expensive for a similar equipped truck.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I consider Ford every time I'm shopping and I've owned them in the past. This forum in probably the friendliest in terms of other brands that I've ever been on. A thread like this wouldn't have made it 10 minutes on the Ford board I frequented when I was an owner.

In general I'd say Ford gets bashed across all vehicle related forums for 2 big reasons:

• They have had 2 diesel engines with a terrible reliability record - 6.0 and 6.4
  • Many (not all) Ford owners are blindly loyal and ignore/defend the problems to the point of being absolutely ridiculous

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Personally I have no issues with Fords but if there's one thing I've noticed over the internet ever since I started frequenting forums years ago, and founding my own car club and running it as President, it's that Ford owners are some of the worst in the enthusiast crowd whether it be the car side of things, or trucks. Definitely doesn't speak to Ford owners as a whole, but it seems like they have a lot of rabid fanboys within their ownership ranks.

Honestly I like everything, Mopar is definitely my #1, but I also like GM, and I don't really have a problem with Ford. I can't stand fanboys from any brand really, it's just ridiculous arguing over which brand is better, anymore most of the brands have good, or competitive offerings and at the end of the day it comes down to your own personal preference.