“Aftermarket” Preformance Torque Converters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Lyle Longboat

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay so I had a good talk with shop owner and the other shop’s manger where the work was first done. I was provided list of parts that included custom work to the valve body and torque converter. Rebestoe (I think that’s how it’s spelled) high friction clutches/plates throughout trans/torque converter.
The second shop had to make some changes to the torque converter and double checked everything to make sure the truck was running 110% (what the owner said). I discussed the DS tuner and HF tune not working in the truck. Owner indicated they had attempted both tunes on the truck and the truck would not shift properly, did however nonissue when back to stock. I told him what I had discussed with DS and HF. Owner indicated that he didn’t know then and indicated the torque converter could have burned up due to overheating but wasn’t sure. I told him that I’d run the truck stock and with tunes to see if there was a difference.
They also repaired my T case and CV shaft that was a surprise.

so I ended up running both the DS canned tune that I normally run and the HF and had shifting issues. Trans trying to jump out of gear.
Loaded the stock tune with modifications and the truck drove nice with perfect shifts.

F*^k me, now I have to get ahold of DS and see if there is something that can be corrected or updated maybe on my tuner as I can’t sit here and leave it at that.

I hope all this is, just a tuning issue as this has been a awful expense and experience. Like getting your teeth pulled and having to eat an apple right after. Sweet in the sense that I know my truck is fine now, but having a tuner and custom tune you can’t use, hurts like a SOB!

Overall first shop screwed up and the owner came through and fixed the mistake. Cost me extra time and cash!
Still going to drive the hell out of this thing though!

Jim Prendergast

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a new 2020 1500 Limited hemi power and want to replace the muffler on the factory exhaust with a mellow tone . Any suggestions?

WWDiesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 & 1998
Engine
5.9 Gas & 5.9 Diesel
Gas or Diesel, SunCoast has you covered! One of the top torque converter builders and suppliers in the nation. Not cheap, but VERY good!
https://suncoastdiesel.com/

Jim Prendergast

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It has the factory dual setup with a stock muffler one with a y pipe I presume always been GM buyer never looked under this one was 94 yesterday to hot to lay on the cement

OP
OP
Lyle Longboat

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I figured out the shop didn’t set the truck back to stock before flashing the trans, thus the tuner/tune not working with trans. I have my shop setting up their machine to get this trans flashed correctly in order to run my tuner/tune.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500