02 4.7 how important is the TC/flex plate orientation ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ironwerker1980

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just installing a crate long block and after I sat the new motor in place was looking to see what bolts were to be put where ( failed to lable and separate the big bolts) I was perusing the chilton's and noticed where it said to mark the flex plate and TC so it could be lined up to preserve the balance. Well I used the factory service manual as it is more descriptive when I pulled the old motor. The factory manual said nothing about this needing to be done. Am I good as I have cut the crane loose and don't want to have to pull the motor out again and then try and figure out if I can find factory marks ( if they exist) is there any way to tell or am I now f'd and about to undergo a process of start and pull then reposition the flex plate until correct ? Any help would be appreciated. 1st timer at this and new to online forums. Thanks